Your favourite... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Your favourite...

Sep 13, 2003
1972. Hughie Reed who was certainly not the best player on the books but a character and a joy to watch. A sad end.

Phil Mallett

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 16, 2003
Tadley, Hampshire.
1965 - Tony Book

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
GreenThing":3067mkv1 said:
Garry Nelson. I know the logical pick from that team should be Tynan, but Garry had something special about him.

On a side note, I though Matthews was awful at the time. Fortunately I’ve learned a lot about football since then.

It's funny how different fans can see players. My first game was vs Nottingham Forest in the John Uzzell testimonial in 1986, and I thought John Matthews was a classy, cultured midfielder. Following Argyle ardently until the early 90's John Matthews is one of the most cultured, quality midfielders I have seen in my time as an Argyle fan, certainly up there with Andy Thomas in my opinion, and Steve McCall.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Argyle-sy":mnesk4or said:
GreenThing":mnesk4or said:
Garry Nelson. I know the logical pick from that team should be Tynan, but Garry had something special about him.

On a side note, I though Matthews was awful at the time. Fortunately I’ve learned a lot about football since then.

It's funny how different fans can see players. My first game was vs Nottingham Forest in the John Uzzell testimonial in 1986, and I thought John Matthews was a classy, cultured midfielder. Following Argyle ardently until the early 90's John Matthews is one of the most cultured, quality midfielders I have seen in my time as an Argyle fan, certainly up there with Andy Thomas in my opinion, and Steve McCall.

Totally agree. That’s why I said that I’ve learned a lot since then.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mike Bickle

Real comic book stuff. Football's equivalent of 'Alf Tupper, Tough of the Track'!!

Milkman outside the ground delivering milk, a stray ball sails out of the ground and aforesaid milkman rises and heads it firmly back over the fence. He then whistles and picks up another goldtop.
The team manager happens to be driving in, stops his Jag and winds the window down: 'Hey Milkie, come over here, I want a word with you'.

The rest is history!! :scarf:

Did Mike Bickle ever cross the halfway line without scoring?? :think: I don't think so!!

May 11, 2019
1979, John Sims or Brian Bason, some great names mentioned, one of my favourites is Hughie Reed great diving header versus Torquay Boxing Day 1972 I think?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
AlanMS":uarzt8jq said:
When I was 16 I lived in Bedford and supported Bedford Town in the Southern League. My Favourite player was a midfielder that assigned from Hearts -a guy called Danny Paton -he could teen on a sixpence. He was closely followed by the goalkeeper - called Derek Bellotti who must have come down here as I remember seeing his name in the local rags.

I moved down and started to support Argyle in 1972 and have enjoyed watching several good players that include Paul Mariner and Billy Rafferty, David Norris, Halmosi, Carey and more recently Major.

I just hope that somehow that remainder of the games get played - later or even behind closed doors so that this seasons efforts have not been in vain.
Derek Bellotti, born Christmas Day 1946, played first for Bedford and later Gillingham, Southend and Charlton. He played 3 times against Argyle. Two were home games for him - a 1-0 win for Gillingham on 26 Oct 68 and a 3-1 win for Southend on 29 Dec 72. His one outing at Home Park ended in a 2-0 defeat for Southend. I note that Exeter gave a debut to a young goalkeeper called Ross Bellotti in 1994. He was only 16 and came on as sub for Tony Woodman who had been red-carded. Bellotti's arrival was the expense of former Argyle favourite Russ Coughlin (RIP). Judging from when and where he was born I have every reason to think that he was your man's son. I think Ross later went on to play a huge part in the ongoing success of the Exeter academy. Oh, and my favourite at 16 (early 1964) was the rising star that was Nicky Jennings (RIP).

C

Cult Of Personality

Akos Buzaky I mean soon as he did he first step over I was like oh hell yes . I love flair players

Tho Coughlan is my all time favourite player and he was probably the least flair player ever

Aug 2, 2011
Wilf Carter, Johnny Williams followed by George Kirby Oh yes nearly forgot Tony Book best full back to ever grace Home Park.