Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Hopefully Zak will add a bit of pace to the heart of out defence assuming he's here to replace Ryan Edwards.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":2f9cukiu said:
This could easily have been covered in house, indeed would have had to have been if it wasn’t this month.

Again I wish Edwards a speedy recovery and these are unfortunate circumstances, however they are what the likes of Rose and Bentley need to live for. In no way do I mean that to sound cold or callus but it’s true. With Harry Downing, Elliot Crawford and Andrew Burn more than capable of covering in the SWPL no excuse, for not promoting in house, despite the concerning circumstances.

The criticisms you're making could be made of almost every club in the country, where it's incredibly hard for any youngster to get through.

Barring an absolutely outstanding young prospect, every single manager in the country would be aiming to get in a quality replacement from outside, in the same horrible situation. So why you have it in for Adams, I don't know.

The focus at Plymouth Argyle is being the best possible football team, rather than playing the most local lads. The ideal scenario is that the first team is full of excellent local players, but the judgement thus far is that most aren't quite good enough. Which is also the case up and down the country.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Jenko14":1gz26p23 said:
You can't honestly believe we get it wrong everytime we release individuals? They can't all be good enough? They can't all be 'great lads'?

We already know that's not the case, because very few of the players released by Argyle HAVE proven the club wrong. I'd like to hear Mark's reasoning for that.

Isaac Vassell and Ryan Leonard are the only ones I can think of, but Leonard was released during administration and Vassell had three years as an Argyle pro before effectively transforming himself at Truro and Luton.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Mark, you sing the praises of so many of our young players who are let go, amongst them Tyler Harvey, Jamie Richards, River Allen, Liam Rooney etc but none of them have yet pulled up any trees two or three leagues below to back up your claims tgat they were good enough for league 2 and now league 1 football. If they are good enough and hungry enough they will become the best non league players in the South West and attract attention fron league clubs just as the likes of Bickle, Rickard, Brimacombe, Kellow and co did in the past.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Biggs":e9wvqs46 said:
Jenko14":e9wvqs46 said:
You can't honestly believe we get it wrong everytime we release individuals? They can't all be good enough? They can't all be 'great lads'?

We already know that's not the case, because very few of the players released by Argyle HAVE proven the club wrong. I'd like to hear Mark's reasoning for that.

Isaac Vassell and Ryan Leonard are the only ones I can think of, but Leonard was released during administration and Vassell had three years as an Argyle pro before effectively transforming himself at Truro and Luton.
Yes, they were both let go at a very difficult time for the club and in the 50 years prior to that I don't recollect one player proving us wrong to release them as a youngster. It is rare clubs are proven wrong in these situations.

Feb 28, 2016
I still think Tyler is in a strong position to come back, if he has another season like he he is having at that level, I see no reason other than Tyler not wanting it stopping him. River, I could be wrong but I think he is just enjoying a normal lifestyle of an early twenty-something lad, probably won’t come back into full time football, got a good job and a young family, nothing but respect for the bloke, I still think if things had gone the other way he had the skills, attitude and aptitude to have made it, just ran out of luck. Louis is only in his first season after release. Getting released is like falling down a mountain from near the peak and falling back to base camp the setback should not be underestimated, if they don’t come back it’s not to say they could never have made it. I don’t expect everyone to make it, I personally think the last couple of years, they’ve all deserved a chance, but one regularly starting in the first team would be a start!

Don’t really ever remember bigging up Jamie Richards to the extent of those two however?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The Doctor":38exbssv said:
Hmm... not the most obvious place that the team needs strengthening unless someone is leaving or if there is a fear that someone might leave. (Someone here = Threlkeld or Miller mostly)
With today's news about Edwards it does look as if once again we are safest in trusting the management team to make well-informed decisions.

G

greengiant1886

MarkMatthews":28xz45v0 said:
I still think Tyler is in a strong position to come back, if he has another season like he he is having at that level, I see no reason other than Tyler not wanting it stopping him. River, I could be wrong but I think he is just enjoying a normal lifestyle of an early twenty-something lad, probably won’t come back into full time football, got a good job and a young family, nothing but respect for the bloke, I still think if things had gone the other way he had the skills, attitude and aptitude to have made it, just ran out of luck. Louis is only in his first season after release. Getting released is like falling down a mountain from near the peak and falling back to base camp the setback should not be underestimated, if they don’t come back it’s not to say they could never have made it. I don’t expect everyone to make it, I personally think the last couple of years, they’ve all deserved a chance, but one regularly starting in the first team would be a start!

Don’t really ever remember bigging up Jamie Richards to the extent of those two however?
Harvey got plenty of opportunities here and I have to say I never saw anything in him. I think it was Sheridan who openly criticised his training work rate, although that could have been Adams.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
MarkMatthews":47rqxscz said:

To be honest I've been told by someone who has been at Argyle that our academy isn't at a sufficient level to produce players that could play league 1 football and that our academy ranks below that of Exeter City's. There will be an odd player here and there however who will be possible to play in the league but I would imagine they would be poached at a younger age before they get near to first team action.

Therefore Zak in my opinion comes from a higher calibrate academy and has been in the first team squad at a championship club so would be of a higher standard than our youth players. In order to get results we have to put sentiment to one side and bring in the level of players needed. This happens at every level, look at the premiership big boys they have large youth teams yet very rarely get into the 1st team and more often than not move to lower ranked teams/leagues.

In reference to Tyler Harvey I have heard talk that Exeter City are back in for him.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":qgrlu0cm said:

He probably meant Josh Richards who you mentioned earlier in this thread.
I watched him a few times; he took most free kicks and corners but he never looked enthusiastic when he ambled across to take corners.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Welcome Zak and a speedy, full recovery for Ryan.

Apr 29, 2016
See we’re going “off piste” again. The least we can do as respect to our new signing is keep his thread about him. Any old excuse to refer back to an old favourite!