Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Aug 2, 2011
As said above there are far more important things in a person's life than football. Very best wishes and get well soon to Ryan Edwards. Look forward to having you back in the not too distant future.

Looking back at some of the early posts on this thread again goes to show how ready people are to criticise the club and its decision making without know the facts.

Feb 28, 2016
Presto":258ret4d said:
As said above there are far more important things in a person's life than football. Very best wishes and get well soon to Ryan Edwards. Look forward to having you back in the not too distant future.

Looking back at some of the early posts on this thread again goes to show how ready people are to criticise the club and its decision making without know the facts.

Whilst wishing Ryan a speedy recovery, even knowing these facts I still stand by my earlier criticisms of the club.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Presto":1or0r7nc said:

In hindsight.

Aug 2, 2011
Foresight is best made when the facts are known. In this and other cases eg Calum Rose departure the knives are out and flashing for the manager or the clib before the facts are known.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Presto":2r4rcujm said:
Foresight is best made when the facts are known. In this and other cases eg Calum Rose departure the knives are out and flashing for the manager or the clib before the facts are known.

What does Callum Rose have to do with anything?

Feb 28, 2016
Presto":2vo60k2r said:

This could easily have been covered in house, indeed would have had to have been if it wasn’t this month.

Again I wish Edwards a speedy recovery and these are unfortunate circumstances, however they are what the likes of Rose and Bentley need to live for. In no way do I mean that to sound cold or callus but it’s true. With Harry Downing, Elliot Crawford and Andrew Burn more than capable of covering in the SWPL no excuse, for not promoting in house, despite the concerning circumstances.

Jul 24, 2009
I respect your support for Argyle’s youth Mark, and you certainly know much more than I about their abilities, but the bottom line is the gap to league 1 is vast and DA has assessed they are not going to make the grade. He might be wrong, he might be shirking the long period of adjustment required, but as a football manager of several years standing he is at least qualified to make the judgement. It’s not in his interests - limited budget etc - not to at least give them a go if he thought they were at that level.

Aug 2, 2011
Doyley43":j18ebofj said:
Presto":j18ebofj said:

Very straight forward - people critcising the club when they do not know the facts or circumstances around a situation.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Presto":1pixjj01 said:
Doyley43":1pixjj01 said:
Presto":1pixjj01 said:

Very straight forward - people critcising the club when they do not know the facts or circumstances around a situation.

Come on get a life mate!

I don't know Mark but he just has an opinion one of our young lads, how come everyone on here starts to criticise so harshly. In my opinion (and it is just my opinion) it makes the Rose decision even more strange.

Having said the above, I have faith in DA but I hope Callum has a great career too.

Feb 28, 2016
jimsing":3acy0j9e said:
They are NOT good enough, Mark.

They would become a liability.

You can not say that with any certainty, just as I can not say with certainty that they wouldn’t. My argument is (and always has been,) that they should be allowed to prove they are not.

If it’s so certain they would be a liability, then why, did he who must not be questioned, give them professional contracts only half a year ago? Was Mike Cooper a liability against Blackburn? Or was a clearly injured goalkeeper, who couldn’t even take goalkicks a liability? Was two goal Alex Fletcher a liability against Chelsea U23s? Or the rest of the team who couldn’t score past them?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
MarkMatthews":f2r0fqfd said:
Presto":f2r0fqfd said:

This could easily have been covered in house, indeed would have had to have been if it wasn’t this month.

Again I wish Edwards a speedy recovery and these are unfortunate circumstances, however they are what the likes of Rose and Bentley need to live for. In no way do I mean that to sound cold or callus but it’s true. With Harry Downing, Elliot Crawford and Andrew Burn more than capable of covering in the SWPL no excuse, for not promoting in house, despite the concerning circumstances.

Mark, I do share your ambitions about the young lads who have come through our academy but I also respect the opinion of our management when they decide whether or not to retain them.

I am sure that there are many attributes that are considered when deciding whether they believe that these youngsters make it in the EFL and that their on field performances, although important, are only one of the attributes that are considered.

I have no idea why it has been decided not to extend Callum Rose's contract beyond one year but I am prepared to respect and acknowledge the opinion and decision of our management team. I will add that I was impressed when I watched Callum on a few occasions last season. He seemed particularly strong in his aerial challenges.

If, like Isaac Vassell, Callum manages to impress another manager in the Football League and earns a career there, I wish him the best of luck but I will certainly not form a bitter resentment of the management team that has made an honest, professional judgement about the career of a young lad who has progressed through our academy.

At least, Callum has the opportunity to seek employment elsewhere whilst PAFC continues to honour his contract until it is completed.

Feb 28, 2016
Andy_S":3i1a2hcq said:
MarkMatthews":3i1a2hcq said:
Let us not over floss the fact this is, regardless of our opinions, on whether Callum is better than Jordan or not, a massive two fingers up to Jordan Bentley, who has been played at RB and who is naturally a CH! No interest in Callum, no interest in Bentley, in Adams I distrust! This surely confirms he won’t continue with Jordan, Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me, I will really miss watching him. Really disappointed him or Callum won’t be here next season!

I read your posts Mark but I have never been able to work out where you are coming from!

Are you in football management, if so, what are your qualifications or are you a very disgruntled parent whose prodigy didn't make the grade?

It’s an opinion board and I’m merely expressing mine. We might as well shut the thing down, if we are all just going to go along with the managers/board line with everything! I disagree profoundly and often with with Mark Pedlar, but I respect him for putting up a sincerely held counter argument as a fellow fan, without calling in my qualifications to hold an opinion.

What are your qualifications to back one professional coach, and more to the point if you want to lead us down that road, what are Mr Brent’s qualifications, which put him in such a qualified footballing position, to be able to select the best footballing candidate for the job?

Oct 24, 2013
MarkMatthews":5xw3cs1a said:
Presto":5xw3cs1a said:

Given the potential unthinkable consequences of Edwards diagnosis, this is at best a poor choice of words. Cold and callous don’t even begin to cover it.

Jan 22, 2016
MarkMatthews":1vc2nat9 said:
jimsing":1vc2nat9 said:
They are NOT good enough, Mark.

They would become a liability.

You can not say that with any certainty, just as I can not say with certainty that they wouldn’t. My argument is (and always has been,) that they should be allowed to prove they are not.

If it’s so certain they would be a liability, then why, did he who must not be questioned, give them professional contracts only half a year ago? Was Mike Cooper a liability against Blackburn? Or was a clearly injured goalkeeper, who couldn’t even take goalkicks a liability? Was two goal Alex Fletcher a liability against Chelsea U23s? Or the rest of the team who couldn’t score past them?

You're quoting the cases of those who have come in and done well at times, so clearly the management has hopes for these prospects. As well as Sangster who DA has been very vocal in his support of.

It would be great if all of our youngsters got an opportunity, but also hugely unrealistic and unachievable. It would be nice if you'd sometimes offer a differing view. You can't honestly believe we get it wrong everytime we release individuals? They can't all be good enough? They can't all be 'great lads'?

Anyway, I think we can all agree we wish Ryan Edwards a speedy recovery.