Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that they have developed a decent partnership and they have both proved that they are dangerous at set pieces and are capable of scoring goals.

Right back is the position that needs cover.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Maybe it gives competition to Bradley/Edwards to fight it out for the other centre back position.

Adams may have found a stronger player available than what we've got so has strengthened the side albeit not in an area we are lacking at present.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":26fc18ch said:
Derek speaks..

“He had to stay at Bristol City for their last two cup games.
“Bristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.
“He’s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and he’s come here to get some game-time.
“He’s more of a centre-back who can play right-back at this moment in time. They have got high hopes for him playing at centre-back.”

Despite what DA says, I totally dislike short-arsed CBs. He will need to put some fertiliser in Vyner's boots unless he consistently can leap like a salmon

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The theme throughout is "game time" and "centre back" so it seems Vyner is here to play regularly as a centre back.
Loan deals are loaded with financial penalties if a player doesn't play.

Bradley and Edwards were a very average partnership at the start of the season but have now developed into a very good pairing.

Vyner is an odd choice as a replacement for Bradley, mainly because he's right footed so Edwards must be under pressure to be replaced. By all accounts Vyner has pace so perhaps Adams is worried Bradley and Edwards lack pace as a pairing and will drop Edwards, which would be harsh.

Or we've received an offer for Edwards.

Nov 2, 2004
I cannot imagine that Edwards will be dropped for a promising Kid with no experience.If Johnson has been told he will get game time somebody must be off.Perhaps Miller or Threlkeld. There is not a cats chance in hell that Edwards will be dropped, he is a really good young centre back who will go on to better things.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Thing is I have never been convinced by Edwards and Bradley as a pair. One or the other needs to play alongside a pacey centre half who can sweep up and cover. Certainly seems to me like there may be something going on with one of them.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
What about playing 3 CB's, 5 in midfield ? :scarf:

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Now we've lost Diagouraga, Songo'o has to play in midfield. Therefore we don't have any cover at CB at all and to go into the second half of the season with only 2 CBs would be madness. We need at least 3 and ideally 4 in case of injuries/suspensions and having options will allow tactical changes as well. Hopefully we'll get a "like for like" Diagouraga replacement in the next couple of weeks but even so we will still need CB options. So this signing makes sense to me. I would expect Bradley, Edwards and Vyner to all get game time depending on the circumstances.