Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I can’t see this lad coming on loan with the agreement that he’s going to be on the bench as cover. He’s here to learn the game and for that to happen he has to play.

My gut thought is he’ll play at RB because he’s got good pace and decent on the ball which puts a question mark over Oscars position.

Does he move onto midfield or do we go down the speciation avenues of players moving out again?

All depends on what calibre player we bring in for the CM role but ultimately this new player is here for game time, not warming the bench.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not sure why so many of our fans are desperate to see Threlkeld in midfield, average midfielder, quality right back.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":1ds1tkle said:
Not sure why so many of our fans are desperate to see Threlkeld in midfield, average midfielder, quality right back.

It’s more about accommodating the new lad.

Plus Oscars not really had a run in midfield to fully justified the average remark.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tugboat":2nvqxc46 said:
Cobi Budge":2nvqxc46 said:

Plus Oscars not really had a run in midfield to fully justified the average remark.

His strengths aren't best utilised in midfield, Oscar a quick combative right back and a very good one, he isn't the midfield general that we've lost in Diagouraga.

Nov 18, 2011
Cobi Budge":vl3x3h1d said:

Has he played that many games in midfield? I'd be happy for him to have another chance.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Simply don't think it'd be a good idea to take our best defender out of defence, especially with the run that we're on.

Oct 24, 2010
Cobi Budge":39drps37 said:
Tugboat":39drps37 said:
Cobi Budge":39drps37 said:

His strengths aren't best utilised in midfield, Oscar a quick combative right back and a very good one, he isn't the midfield general that we've lost in Diagouraga.
I thought he did well in midfield and always thought that was were he would end up. He is a very good footballer, can pass the ball and has a lot of energy and gets around the pitch.
Vyner's signing gives us cover at centre back, right back and, indirectly, midfield.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":15nrgglp said:
Cobi Budge":15nrgglp said:
Tugboat":15nrgglp said:
Cobi Budge":15nrgglp said:

I thought he did well in midfield and always thought that was were he would end up. He is a very good footballer, can pass the ball and has a lot of energy and gets around the pitch.
Vyner's signing gives us cover at centre back, right back and, indirectly, midfield.

Vyner does give us options BUT he’s here to play not as cover.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Derek speaks..

“He had to stay at Bristol City for their last two cup games.
“Bristol City were waiting to get a player in before they released him, and they have been able to do that.
“He’s a player I have tried to sign a few times. Bristol City like him as a player and he’s come here to get some game-time.
“He’s more of a centre-back who can play right-back at this moment in time. They have got high hopes for him playing at centre-back.”

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":e4t73m5z said:
esmer":e4t73m5z said:
Cobi Budge":e4t73m5z said:
Tugboat":e4t73m5z said:
Cobi Budge":e4t73m5z said:

Vyner does give us options BUT he’s here to play not as cover.

With regards Oscar, have we forgotten there was a major falling out earlier in the season due to Oscar’s injury management. Are we absolutely sure that has been forgiven and forgotten by both or either of them.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Most Bristol City fans are saying he's an average RB but a very good CB, Johnson has said he wants him to play CB, Derek has said they want him to play CB, Edwards or Bradley being dropped? Edwards or Bradley leaving? I can't see Bristol loaning us a player like him to simply sit on the bench.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
On that spin then maybe pace to partner Bradley?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Welcome to HP Zak. Good luck.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Both Edwards and Bradley are very good individual CB's but I can't help but sometimes feel they're too similar.