Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Oct 24, 2013
Ade, DA would have seen the lad first hand when we played them in the Carabao Cup and presumably would have tracked his progress since.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":21pmtyaw said:
My point being is that heā€™s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but heā€™s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.

You seriously donā€™t trust him to not leave the squad with only one striker for the rest of the season. Give the man some credit. And nobody is berating you, just disagreeing. Your reaction to this is consistently overly combative.[/quote]

Iā€™m seriously questioning why he didnā€™t get a striker in August when there was an obvious need of one. All through the pre-season friendlies we needed one but none appeared which is why he grabbed onto the first forward that came along in September (1 month after the season started) and we ended up with Ciftci.

Now, since we knew that was a bust, why didnā€™t he strive to have a striker lined up as soon as this window started. It isnā€™t like managers are banned from talking to each other in between windows. Toumani left soon after the window opened so it doesnā€™t sound right that a deal couldnā€™t have been sorted before.

If itā€™s true that Bradford have had 3 bids turned down for Taylor it appears theyā€™re not going away easily so whilst weā€™re unlikely to end up selling Taylor itā€™s not out of the realms of possibility that we wonā€™t find ourselves with a seriously pi$$ed off player after this window closes. That is speculation of course.[/quote]

Get a grip man!

As if he's not trying to get one in, give him some credit, please.

Good quality target men don't come easy nor do they come cheap. If they're good enough to compete with Taylor then they can get first team football at most L1/L2 clubs. When they look at Argyle they see a team playing a 1 man system with a forward at the top of his game, hardly prime location if you want to play every week.

We won't go without, either Taylor leaves and we end up with a serious war chest to replace him or he stays and we get someone in later in the window when the competition starts to dry up.

Worst case we have Taylor and Jervis and have to recall Fletcher or Blissett. We still have forwards remember it's not as if we sold them.[/quote]

Again! Why the ā€œget a gripā€ remark? Iā€™m am perfectly happy with every aspect of my life except Argyle because I donā€™t have the same trust in his ability to attract a striker as you are. I have also (I hope you realise) that except for the outburst at Biggs I have continued to answer my critics without the need for making anything personal and for that I mostly get a one line retort as a reply.

All you ā€œin Adams we trustā€ are going to look mighty stupid if (god forbid) anything happens to Taylor and if he is sold and Adams has a ā€œwar chestā€ heā€™ll have very little time to spend it even if he has recognised a target or 2.

As for getting Fletcher or Blissett back from their loans 1) I doubt Blissett will thank him for that, 2) Thereā€™s a reason they were sent out on loan instead of staying here and particularly in Fletcherā€™s case, having him local should be considered acceptable in the circumstances and 3) Fletchers loan finishes in a weekā€™s time so maybe, just maybe Adams will see that as reason enough cover should he not get another forward.[/quote]

I am struggling a bit with your argument. Do you doubt that he recognises the need for a striker or doubt his ability to get one?

If it is the first, then that just makes little sense. I do not think there is a single argument on here that we donā€™t need at least one on the books and DA has publicly stated he is actively pursuing options up front.

If it is the latter, then I canā€™t see that DA has failed to attract players of quality to the club. Some have worked out, a few havenā€™t.

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesnā€™t make us naive.[/quote]

My big issue is that Adams is having a far, far harder time getting players in or rather getting the right players in. Heā€™s done well with loan players but does he really have a choice to whoā€™s being allowed to come to us and as they are mostly coming from Bristol City iā€™d say ā€œwell done their academy for having a very decent turnover in very decent young playersā€.

I canā€™t remember a manager at Argyle having such a hard time in recruitment (regardless of what they always say about geography). Even Sheridan had less problems and he didnā€™t even like staying in Plymouth himself.
[/quote]

Really confused now! This window we have officially only signed one player, a goalie from Norwich. That was clearly a necessary signing.

This defender from Brizzle is on his way. We can argue about whether he is a necessary signing or not, but you are implying that firstly his isnā€™t any good, despite having not seen him play and secondly that DA didnā€™t specifically identify him as a target. I donā€™t get it! Why would he sign a player if he didnā€™t rate him and think we needed him? Itā€™s like you think we went to them asking for a striker and they said no, but do you fancy our right back?

On your second point, every manager I can remember has cited location as the primary negative factor in transfer dealings. If Sheridan or Fletcher could attract better players, how did we end up with Robbie Williams and Andre Blackman?!![/quote]

Right, well first off, iā€™m Obviously not talking about Remi and you are muddying any discussion to bring him up. I am of course only talking about our need for a striker or 2 of which, where are they?

Secondly, I did not infer that we asked Bristol City for a striker and they offered us a defender instead. What I am saying is that unless Adams has the same encyclopaedia knowledge as Fergie senior that any loan signings of young players are hit and miss and who knew what impact Banton, Bryan or Kellet would be for examples. Who knew for example that Bantonā€™s career would have imploded after his first loan with us. Iā€™ve not implied that he wouldnā€™t be any good any more than you can say now that heā€™ll be a match winner again and again, can you make that assessment either?

As I said, (and you agreed) every manager has used geography as a reason why itā€™s hard to recruit but none have had as much trouble getting players in as has Adams. I further, did not say that every recruit from every manager has been either brilliant or a dud, itā€™s all a bit of both and as for naming dud players, Adams has ditched a fair amount of his last windows signings already and seems to want to ditch even more. I remind you that Miller was booed onto the pitch last time out so that was hardly a success story now was it?
[/quote]

Bradford apparently are desperate for a striker and have just had a bid for Kelvin Mellor accepted.
Would you say Stuart McCall has got his priorities wrong?

The one thing Adams hasnā€™t had problems with is getting players to come down, he has signed over 30 in his time with us.

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":1gxndr8d said:
lyndhurst green":1gxndr8d said:
Ade, DA would have seen the lad first hand when we played them in the Carabao Cup and presumably would have tracked his progress since.

You are making a presumption I have not.

I actually wasnā€™t, I was just presenting facts.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MarkMatthews":2k50lrx5 said:
Bitterly disappointed we are bringing in a 20 year old RB/CH when we have just released one of our own most promising right sided CH/RB in 19 year old Rose.

Come down here on loan son make all your mistakes to learn from whilst playing for us to only benefit Bristol City when your the finished article.

How incredibly short sighted. In Adams I distrust.

Because heā€™s been judged to be a lot better than Rose, in the same way that Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid were/are better than River Allen and Tyler Harvey. Though I half expect you to dispute that...

Vyner has been getting minutes in the Championship and Rose has been playing in the Southern Premier League.

Itā€™s as simple as that, Iā€™m afraid.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Ade the green":1l09dhx9 said:
Thomas Edwards":1l09dhx9 said:
Ade, signing a striker is little to do with Derek.

He tells the board who he wants, it is up to the board to sign him. You can bet your last penny Derek wants his signings asap.

Iā€™d say signing a striker or rather finding a striker is exactly to do with DA. We donā€™t have a director of football and so it is up to Adams to come up with a player that suits the style he wants to play, has a chance to fit in with the kind of people in the team and is within a likely budget. I for one believe if Adams had such a target that as with Bradfordā€™s attempts to secure Taylor that JB would be every bit as forceful once the targ t has been found.

My point is that Derek has probably told the board already who he wants.

It's up to them to get them to the club and negotiate etc.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":1pas2xv0 said:
Ade the green":1pas2xv0 said:
My point being is that heā€™s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but heā€™s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.

You seriously donā€™t trust him to not leave the squad with only one striker for the rest of the season. Give the man some credit. And nobody is berating you, just disagreeing. Your reaction to this is consistently overly combative.

Iā€™m seriously questioning why he didnā€™t get a striker in August when there was an obvious need of one. All through the pre-season friendlies we needed one but none appeared which is why he grabbed onto the first forward that came along in September (1 month after the season started) and we ended up with Ciftci.

Now, since we knew that was a bust, why didnā€™t he strive to have a striker lined up as soon as this window started. It isnā€™t like managers are banned from talking to each other in between windows. Toumani left soon after the window opened so it doesnā€™t sound right that a deal couldnā€™t have been sorted before.

If itā€™s true that Bradford have had 3 bids turned down for Taylor it appears theyā€™re not going away easily so whilst weā€™re unlikely to end up selling Taylor itā€™s not out of the realms of possibility that we wonā€™t find ourselves with a seriously pi$$ed off player after this window closes. That is speculation of course.[/quote]

Get a grip man!

As if he's not trying to get one in, give him some credit, please.

Good quality target men don't come easy nor do they come cheap. If they're good enough to compete with Taylor then they can get first team football at most L1/L2 clubs. When they look at Argyle they see a team playing a 1 man system with a forward at the top of his game, hardly prime location if you want to play every week.

We won't go without, either Taylor leaves and we end up with a serious war chest to replace him or he stays and we get someone in later in the window when the competition starts to dry up.

Worst case we have Taylor and Jervis and have to recall Fletcher or Blissett. We still have forwards remember it's not as if we sold them.[/quote]

Again! Why the ā€œget a gripā€ remark? Iā€™m am perfectly happy with every aspect of my life except Argyle because I donā€™t have the same trust in his ability to attract a striker as you are. I have also (I hope you realise) that except for the outburst at Biggs I have continued to answer my critics without the need for making anything personal and for that I mostly get a one line retort as a reply.

All you ā€œin Adams we trustā€ are going to look mighty stupid if (god forbid) anything happens to Taylor and if he is sold and Adams has a ā€œwar chestā€ heā€™ll have very little time to spend it even if he has recognised a target or 2.

As for getting Fletcher or Blissett back from their loans 1) I doubt Blissett will thank him for that, 2) Thereā€™s a reason they were sent out on loan instead of staying here and particularly in Fletcherā€™s case, having him local should be considered acceptable in the circumstances and 3) Fletchers loan finishes in a weekā€™s time so maybe, just maybe Adams will see that as reason enough cover should he not get another forward.[/quote]

I am struggling a bit with your argument. Do you doubt that he recognises the need for a striker or doubt his ability to get one?

If it is the first, then that just makes little sense. I do not think there is a single argument on here that we donā€™t need at least one on the books and DA has publicly stated he is actively pursuing options up front.

If it is the latter, then I canā€™t see that DA has failed to attract players of quality to the club. Some have worked out, a few havenā€™t.

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesnā€™t make us naive.[/quote]

My big issue is that Adams is having a far, far harder time getting players in or rather getting the right players in. Heā€™s done well with loan players but does he really have a choice to whoā€™s being allowed to come to us and as they are mostly coming from Bristol City iā€™d say ā€œwell done their academy for having a very decent turnover in very decent young playersā€.

I canā€™t remember a manager at Argyle having such a hard time in recruitment (regardless of what they always say about geography). Even Sheridan had less problems and he didnā€™t even like staying in Plymouth himself.
[/quote]

Really confused now! This window we have officially only signed one player, a goalie from Norwich. That was clearly a necessary signing.

This defender from Brizzle is on his way. We can argue about whether he is a necessary signing or not, but you are implying that firstly his isnā€™t any good, despite having not seen him play and secondly that DA didnā€™t specifically identify him as a target. I donā€™t get it! Why would he sign a player if he didnā€™t rate him and think we needed him? Itā€™s like you think we went to them asking for a striker and they said no, but do you fancy our right back?

On your second point, every manager I can remember has cited location as the primary negative factor in transfer dealings. If Sheridan or Fletcher could attract better players, how did we end up with Robbie Williams and Andre Blackman?!![/quote]

Right, well first off, iā€™m Obviously not talking about Remi and you are muddying any discussion to bring him up. I am of course only talking about our need for a striker or 2 of which, where are they?

Secondly, I did not infer that we asked Bristol City for a striker and they offered us a defender instead. What I am saying is that unless Adams has the same encyclopaedia knowledge as Fergie senior that any loan signings of young players are hit and miss and who knew what impact Banton, Bryan or Kellet would be for examples. Who knew for example that Bantonā€™s career would have imploded after his first loan with us. Iā€™ve not implied that he wouldnā€™t be any good any more than you can say now that heā€™ll be a match winner again and again, can you make that assessment either?

As I said, (and you agreed) every manager has used geography as a reason why itā€™s hard to recruit but none have had as much trouble getting players in as has Adams. I further, did not say that every recruit from every manager has been either brilliant or a dud, itā€™s all a bit of both and as for naming dud players, Adams has ditched a fair amount of his last windows signings already and seems to want to ditch even more. I remind you that Miller was booed onto the pitch last time out so that was hardly a success story now was it?
[/quote]

Bradford apparently are desperate for a striker and have just had a bid for Kelvin Mellor accepted.
Would you say Stuart McCall has got his priorities wrong?

The one thing Adams hasnā€™t had problems with is getting players to come down, he has signed over 30 in his time with us.[/quote]

Bradford also bid 3 times for Taylor so they are trying to get a striker and if I remember correctly, Mellor had actually scored a fair few goals himself.

So Adams has signed over 30 players, youā€™re just highlighting how many duds heā€™s signed because heā€™d rather only play the regulation 11-14 from his squad.

Youā€™re one of the Adams can do no wrong brigade.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":kmsj1mzp said:
Ade the green":kmsj1mzp said:
lyndhurst green":kmsj1mzp said:

You even said presumably in your post!!!!!!!!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Any chance of not quoting the same long mess of quotes over and over again? :lol:

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":3dls6t6g said:
lyndhurst green":3dls6t6g said:
Ade the green":3dls6t6g said:
lyndhurst green":3dls6t6g said:

He saw him play - fact

He wants to sign him - fact

He tracked his progress - admittedly a presumption. But facts 1 and 2 donā€™t compute if this isnā€™t also a fact.

Happy now!

You talk about DA signing duds, but are desperate to see strikers. Would you rather we sign three duds tomorrow or one quality signing in a week?

Anyhow, it is evident that you donā€™t trust DA. And I do. That is pretty much the long and short of it.

Apr 29, 2016
Thomas Edwards":14f3gril said:
Ade, signing a striker is little to do with Derek.

He tells the board who he wants, it is up to the board to sign him. You can bet your last penny Derek wants his signings asap.

Donā€™t think that youā€™ll find that that is right. JB has said more than once in interviews that he allows his managers to manage. Think that you will find that the board has supported DA with a budget (mentioned in another interview) which he spends as he sees fit. No doubt the admin side of the transfers are done by others at HP.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":10hp8eiq said:
Ade the green":10hp8eiq said:
Ade the green":10hp8eiq said:

He saw him play - fact

He tracked his progress - admittedly a presumption.

Happy now!

You talk about DA signing duds, but are desperate to see strikers. Would you rather we sign three duds tomorrow or one quality signing in a week?

Anyhow, it is evident that you donā€™t trust DA. And I do. That is pretty much the long and short of it.

Iā€™ve lost all respect for you now because your grasp of English is so poor.

Goodbye!

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":3lcof2fj said:
lyndhurst green":3lcof2fj said:

He saw him play - fact

He tracked his progress - admittedly a presumption.

Happy now!

Iā€™ve lost all respect for you now because your grasp of English is so poor.

Goodbye!

Seriously?!! Thatā€™s hilarious.

Feb 28, 2016
Let us not over floss the fact this is, regardless of our opinions, on whether Callum is better than Jordan or not, a massive two fingers up to Jordan Bentley, who has been played at RB and who is naturally a CH! No interest in Callum, no interest in Bentley, in Adams I distrust! This surely confirms he wonā€™t continue with Jordan, Jordz comes in for more stick than Callum but in terms of character he is up there with Cory Harvey and Josh Richards for me, I will really miss watching him. Really disappointed him or Callum wonā€™t be here next season!