Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Zak Vyner signs on loan - confirmed

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ollieargyle9":2wgllws3 said:
Ade the green":2wgllws3 said:
lyndhurst green":2wgllws3 said:
Ade the green":2wgllws3 said:
Army green":2wgllws3 said:
im Pretty sure derek isn’t “dicking around” he will be just as frustrated as us, even more so in fact. He has to try and find a striker that is going to add value to his squad within the half arsed budget he’s been given.

My point being is that he’s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but he’s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.

You seriously don’t trust him to not leave the squad with only one striker for the rest of the season. Give the man some credit. And nobody is berating you, just disagreeing. Your reaction to this is consistently overly combative.

I’m seriously questioning why he didn’t get a striker in August when there was an obvious need of one. All through the pre-season friendlies we needed one but none appeared which is why he grabbed onto the first forward that came along in September (1 month after the season started) and we ended up with Ciftci.

Now, since we knew that was a bust, why didn’t he strive to have a striker lined up as soon as this window started. It isn’t like managers are banned from talking to each other in between windows. Toumani left soon after the window opened so it doesn’t sound right that a deal couldn’t have been sorted before.

If it’s true that Bradford have had 3 bids turned down for Taylor it appears they’re not going away easily so whilst we’re unlikely to end up selling Taylor it’s not out of the realms of possibility that we won’t find ourselves with a seriously pi$$ed off player after this window closes. That is speculation of course.

Get a grip man!

As if he's not trying to get one in, give him some credit, please.

Good quality target men don't come easy nor do they come cheap. If they're good enough to compete with Taylor then they can get first team football at most L1/L2 clubs. When they look at Argyle they see a team playing a 1 man system with a forward at the top of his game, hardly prime location if you want to play every week.

We won't go without, either Taylor leaves and we end up with a serious war chest to replace him or he stays and we get someone in later in the window when the competition starts to dry up.

Worst case we have Taylor and Jervis and have to recall Fletcher or Blissett. We still have forwards remember it's not as if we sold them.

Again! Why the “get a grip” remark? I’m am perfectly happy with every aspect of my life except Argyle because I don’t have the same trust in his ability to attract a striker as you are. I have also (I hope you realise) that except for the outburst at Biggs I have continued to answer my critics without the need for making anything personal and for that I mostly get a one line retort as a reply.

All you “in Adams we trust” are going to look mighty stupid if (god forbid) anything happens to Taylor and if he is sold and Adams has a “war chest” he’ll have very little time to spend it even if he has recognised a target or 2.

As for getting Fletcher or Blissett back from their loans 1) I doubt Blissett will thank him for that, 2) There’s a reason they were sent out on loan instead of staying here and particularly in Fletcher’s case, having him local should be considered acceptable in the circumstances and 3) Fletchers loan finishes in a week’s time so maybe, just maybe Adams will see that as reason enough cover should he not get another forward.

Feb 28, 2016
Bitterly disappointed we are bringing in a 20 year old RB/CH when we have just released one of our own most promising right sided CH/RB in 19 year old Rose.

Come down here on loan son make all your mistakes to learn from whilst playing for us to only benefit Bristol City when your the finished article.

How incredibly short sighted. In Adams I distrust.

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":2u2urlm1 said:
Ollieargyle9":2u2urlm1 said:
lyndhurst green":2u2urlm1 said:
Army green":2u2urlm1 said:
im Pretty sure derek isn’t “dicking around” he will be just as frustrated as us, even more so in fact. He has to try and find a striker that is going to add value to his squad within the half arsed budget he’s been given.

My point being is that he’s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but he’s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.

You seriously don’t trust him to not leave the squad with only one striker for the rest of the season. Give the man some credit. And nobody is berating you, just disagreeing. Your reaction to this is consistently overly combative.

I’m seriously questioning why he didn’t get a striker in August when there was an obvious need of one. All through the pre-season friendlies we needed one but none appeared which is why he grabbed onto the first forward that came along in September (1 month after the season started) and we ended up with Ciftci.

Now, since we knew that was a bust, why didn’t he strive to have a striker lined up as soon as this window started. It isn’t like managers are banned from talking to each other in between windows. Toumani left soon after the window opened so it doesn’t sound right that a deal couldn’t have been sorted before.

If it’s true that Bradford have had 3 bids turned down for Taylor it appears they’re not going away easily so whilst we’re unlikely to end up selling Taylor it’s not out of the realms of possibility that we won’t find ourselves with a seriously pi$$ed off player after this window closes. That is speculation of course.

Get a grip man!

Good quality target men don't come easy nor do they come cheap. If they're good enough to compete with Taylor then they can get first team football at most L1/L2 clubs. When they look at Argyle they see a team playing a 1 man system with a forward at the top of his game, hardly prime location if you want to play every week.

We won't go without, either Taylor leaves and we end up with a serious war chest to replace him or he stays and we get someone in later in the window when the competition starts to dry up.

Worst case we have Taylor and Jervis and have to recall Fletcher or Blissett. We still have forwards remember it's not as if we sold them.

Again! Why the “get a grip” remark? I’m am perfectly happy with every aspect of my life except Argyle because I don’t have the same trust in his ability to attract a striker as you are. I have also (I hope you realise) that except for the outburst at Biggs I have continued to answer my critics without the need for making anything personal and for that I mostly get a one line retort as a reply.

All you “in Adams we trust” are going to look mighty stupid if (god forbid) anything happens to Taylor and if he is sold and Adams has a “war chest” he’ll have very little time to spend it even if he has recognised a target or 2.

As for getting Fletcher or Blissett back from their loans 1) I doubt Blissett will thank him for that, 2) There’s a reason they were sent out on loan instead of staying here and particularly in Fletcher’s case, having him local should be considered acceptable in the circumstances and 3) Fletchers loan finishes in a week’s time so maybe, just maybe Adams will see that as reason enough cover should he not get another forward.

I am struggling a bit with your argument. Do you doubt that he recognises the need for a striker or doubt his ability to get one?

If it is the first, then that just makes little sense. I do not think there is a single argument on here that we don’t need at least one on the books and DA has publicly stated he is actively pursuing options up front.

If it is the latter, then I can’t see that DA has failed to attract players of quality to the club. Some have worked out, a few haven’t.

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesn’t make us naive.

Jul 29, 2010
MarkMatthews":1g6vtlb9 said:
Bitterly disappointed we are bringing in a 20 year old RB/CH when we have just released one of our own most promising right sided CH/RB in 19 year old Rose.

Come down here on loan son make all your mistakes to learn from whilst playing for us to only benefit Bristol City when your the finished article.

How incredibly short sighted.....
I have to say I have some sympathy with that contribution.

We should be producing our own.

I have however removed the 'distrust' comment as I don't agree with that part. As much as we should be doing that, the manager views the players in the round and we have to trust his judgement as to whether they're good enough.

Oct 31, 2015
PilgrimZ1R":2mjcc1tt said:
rsp4":2mjcc1tt said:
Hmm not sure this was a priority area to be honest.

A replacement for Toums or 2 strikers (with all the ones leaving) maybe three if Taylor is sold.

Perhaps this means either Oscar replacing Toums, Miller leaving Or a replacement for Bradley. Cant see him.being cover.

Anyway we always do ok with City loanees and he is Championship standard so welcome.

I cant understand DA and strikers. If Taylor is sold we are in doodoo

Just a long shot but with Luke Berry probably joining from ‘Luton’ maybe there’s an agreement with Bradley going the other way hence the need for a centre back ???

Blimey I hadnt heard the Luke Berry rumour. If thats true then Sonny in a deal may be on the cards. This signing would make sense then.

I just dont have full trust in DA after the summer signing fiasco, the 1 point in 10 games and the poor discipline during this period. He was starting to win me over a little after November and December but the next couple of weeks on and off the pitch could define our season (yea that is early to say that)

Proof is in the pudding Mr Adams over to you

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
]
Ade the green":24bwdm7r said:
Ollieargyle9":24bwdm7r said:
lyndhurst green":24bwdm7r said:
Army green":24bwdm7r said:

Get a grip man!

I am struggling a bit with your argument. Do you doubt that he recognises the need for a striker or doubt his ability to get one?

If it is the first, then that just makes little sense. I do not think there is a single argument on here that we don’t need at least one on the books and DA has publicly stated he is actively pursuing options up front.

If it is the latter, then I can’t see that DA has failed to attract players of quality to the club. Some have worked out, a few haven’t.

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesn’t make us naive.[/quote]

My big issue is that Adams is having a far, far harder time getting players in or rather getting the right players in. He’s done well with loan players but does he really have a choice to who’s being allowed to come to us and as they are mostly coming from Bristol City i’d say “well done their academy for having a very decent turnover in very decent young players”.

I can’t remember a manager at Argyle having such a hard time in recruitment (regardless of what they always say about geography). Even Sheridan had less problems and he didn’t even like staying in Plymouth himself.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
sounds like we are the academy for bristol city,which sticks in the craw somewhat..from the day we beat them quite easily with Rab Douglas....

Oct 24, 2013
Ade the green":2mkc9w3s said:
]
Ollieargyle9":2mkc9w3s said:
lyndhurst green":2mkc9w3s said:
Ade the green" My point being is that he’s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but he’s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.[/quote:2mkc9w3s said:

Get a grip man!

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesn’t make us naive.

My big issue is that Adams is having a far, far harder time getting players in or rather getting the right players in. He’s done well with loan players but does he really have a choice to who’s being allowed to come to us and as they are mostly coming from Bristol City i’d say “well done their academy for having a very decent turnover in very decent young players”.

I can’t remember a manager at Argyle having such a hard time in recruitment (regardless of what they always say about geography). Even Sheridan had less problems and he didn’t even like staying in Plymouth himself.

Really confused now! This window we have officially only signed one player, a goalie from Norwich. That was clearly a necessary signing.

This defender from Brizzle is on his way. We can argue about whether he is a necessary signing or not, but you are implying that firstly his isn’t any good, despite having not seen him play and secondly that DA didn’t specifically identify him as a target. I don’t get it! Why would he sign a player if he didn’t rate him and think we needed him? It’s like you think we went to them asking for a striker and they said no, but do you fancy our right back?

On your second point, every manager I can remember has cited location as the primary negative factor in transfer dealings. If Sheridan or Fletcher could attract better players, how did we end up with Robbie Williams and Andre Blackman?!!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Errrrrr...yeah, welcome to Home Park Zak.

You will, by now, have noticed that the "best supporters in the country" (so it's regularly spouted) have written you off before the ink is dry on any contract, be it a loan or otherwise.

Feb 2, 2007
Is it possible that players choose not to stay or sign because of Adams system, style and renowned tough physical training style? Don’t think any of them are particularly bad things and I’m not judging but clearly managers get reputations and people choose to work for certain people and avoid others.

Just a thought.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
My point being is that he’s managed to add a defender to his squad (if reports are to be believed) and apparently wants to add a midfield plAyer to an already full quota but he’s still not (since August) rectified his lack of strikers. How about some of you answering that instead of just berating me.[/quote]

You seriously don’t trust him to not leave the squad with only one striker for the rest of the season. Give the man some credit. And nobody is berating you, just disagreeing. Your reaction to this is consistently overly combative.[/quote]

If it’s true that Bradford have had 3 bids turned down for Taylor it appears they’re not going away easily so whilst we’re unlikely to end up selling Taylor it’s not out of the realms of possibility that we won’t find ourselves with a seriously pi$$ed off player after this window closes. That is speculation of course.[/quote]

Get a grip man!

Worst case we have Taylor and Jervis and have to recall Fletcher or Blissett. We still have forwards remember it's not as if we sold them.[/quote]

As for getting Fletcher or Blissett back from their loans 1) I doubt Blissett will thank him for that, 2) There’s a reason they were sent out on loan instead of staying here and particularly in Fletcher’s case, having him local should be considered acceptable in the circumstances and 3) Fletchers loan finishes in a week’s time so maybe, just maybe Adams will see that as reason enough cover should he not get another forward.[/quote]

As stated in previous comments, the signing of s player is now a convoluted process between several parties, not all of whom have the best interest of a player at heart. Trusting DA to do his very small role in this process doesn’t make us naive.[/quote]

[/quote]

Really confused now! This window we have officially only signed one player, a goalie from Norwich. That was clearly a necessary signing.

This defender from Brizzle is on his way. We can argue about whether he is a necessary signing or not, but you are implying that firstly his isn’t any good, despite having not seen him play and secondly that DA didn’t specifically identify him as a target. I don’t get it! Why would he sign a player if he didn’t rate him and think we needed him? It’s like you think we went to them asking for a striker and they said no, but do you fancy our right back?

On your second point, every manager I can remember has cited location as the primary negative factor in transfer dealings. If Sheridan or Fletcher could attract better players, how did we end up with Robbie Williams and Andre Blackman?!![/quote]

Right, well first off, i’m Obviously not talking about Remi and you are muddying any discussion to bring him up. I am of course only talking about our need for a striker or 2 of which, where are they?

Secondly, I did not infer that we asked Bristol City for a striker and they offered us a defender instead. What I am saying is that unless Adams has the same encyclopaedia knowledge as Fergie senior that any loan signings of young players are hit and miss and who knew what impact Banton, Bryan or Kellet would be for examples. Who knew for example that Banton’s career would have imploded after his first loan with us. I’ve not implied that he wouldn’t be any good any more than you can say now that he’ll be a match winner again and again, can you make that assessment either?

As I said, (and you agreed) every manager has used geography as a reason why it’s hard to recruit but none have had as much trouble getting players in as has Adams. I further, did not say that every recruit from every manager has been either brilliant or a dud, it’s all a bit of both and as for naming dud players, Adams has ditched a fair amount of his last windows signings already and seems to want to ditch even more. I remind you that Miller was booed onto the pitch last time out so that was hardly a success story now was it?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Andy_S":s5stj09x said:
Errrrrr...yeah, welcome to Home Park Zak.

You will, by now, have noticed that the "best supporters in the country" (so it's regularly spouted) have written you off before the ink is dry on any contract, be it a loan or otherwise.

Who’s said that?

Jul 29, 2010
Ade, that's one helluva lot of words... and that's coming from me!

Time to sack it for the night methinks, I'm worried for you :sad:

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Whatever you may think of this signing, he's young, hungry and by the sounds of it adds strength in depth to the team, that can't be a bad thing! I'd guess we aren't paying a huge amount in wages either which should leave some room to manoeuvre in the transfer market still.