Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed! | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nadir Ciftci to join on loan? - Now Confirmed!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
WottonForEngland":1uxik96p said:
apparently my Celtic friend tells me his surname is pronounced `shift key` if that helps.

It'll certainly add options to the mix. At last Derek Adams will be able to excite ! question ? speak " count 0123456789 and SHOUT.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
HarlHM":e84j1e26 said:
WottonForEngland":e84j1e26 said:
apparently my Celtic friend tells me his surname is pronounced `shift key` if that helps.
Cheef-chee I'm pretty sure.

This rumour seems to have something to it. Very promising.

I've consulted a Turk, and Cheef-Chee is pretty accurate.

D

Darren Stoneman

Will be great signing the type of signing that will mean more top half finish than bottom

Nov 22, 2006
An exciting signing if true, but as always don't believe a story until it's confirmed by at least one of the two clubs

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
The boy can play from those clips. Strong, mobile, skill and a good finisher.

Only begs the question why on earth is he coming to a Lge 1 Plymouth Outpost ?

Looks a great signing but Hope its not another overweight, injury prone prima dona

G

Greenskin

samjones":19q9vkg5 said:
The boy can play from those clips. Strong, mobile, skill and a good finisher.

Only begs the question why on earth is he coming to a Lge 1 Plymouth Outpost ?

Looks a great signing but Hope its not another overweight, injury prone prima dona

There's been plenty of players with a better record and pedigree than this guy who have made the journey to HP. You could have asked why people like Coughlin,Worrell,Crawford,Carey and the rest of them made the trip from Scotland but they certainly did albeit with varying degrees of success. The "we're an outpost, no good players want to come here" is just a myth, Argyle have had lots of them over the years and the club is a not unattractive proposition in its current position bearing in mind its relative divisional size and upwardly mobile appearance -problem in the past has been keeping the good players and building around them once a certain level has been reached.

Jan 27, 2012
Didn't Goodwillie and Slew also transfer for over £1 million each ? In Goodwillie's case I think it was reported closer to £2 million.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I'm hoping we get 3 points today and some more good news on Monday. He may have had problems in the past but looks like he could be a good addition to the team. If he starts with a clean slate, produces the goods and behaves it could help both us and the player.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
plymouthboyuk":1edtvesv said:
http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/nadir-ciftci.136038/

Hi, rather than just post links, why don't you try commenting too?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I trust Adams to sign the right type of player, he often says he looks at the character of a player as well as their footballing skills, but Ciftci has struggled with attitude and fitness.

His last two loan spells didn't work out - in Turkey he was sent off in his second game for verbally abusing the ref and had a three game ban and his loan to Poland finished after eight games with the manager and media criticising his lack of fitness.

Poland loan

Poland loan 2

Adams is the right manager to get the best out of Ciftci, who will either be brilliant for Argyle or will be a disaster and get sent back to Celtic in January. There will be no middle ground.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Imo he's exactly what we need. We have big lads up front but they're not exactly the aggressive kind. This guy is a crowd pleaser when on form with a box of tricks. We need that balance of workmanlike and mercurial and, with most mercurial players there tends to be a bit of spike. As long as he isn't grossly unfit he's the kind of player who could completely destroy defenders at this level

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I think it goes to show just how many other options fell through.

There's no way he would be the first, second or even third choice option but DA's is struggling for strikers so like Posty says, he's a real gamble that'll either be brilliant or a complete flop

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
if this happens i think and at the same time hope derek will get the best out of him.if nadir does well here we will love him and him us.i've met a lot of turks and they love being appreciated.