4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 offers on the table for a striker

Jul 12, 2016
X Isle, IMO we have already spent over the odds to keep Carey but that's an argument for another day. I still think we need to have a decent striker to put our chances away and this should have been a priority before wasting money on some mediocre players to fill other positions..We got away without one last season but more by luck than judgement.I hope that DA finds the elusive striker(s) because without a regular goalscorer I fear for us this season.

Apr 30, 2017
Have been told by a reliable source one is coming. Might be announced by Saturday but probably not registered in time.

Aug 3, 2017
Interesting that we always say lack of ambition. Think longer, harder and wiser if only because we shoukd be all to aware of the perils of living outside your means.

Consider why SH is stumping up the cash to upgrade the stadium. As much as I like the guy for what he's done / doing, do you think he's doing it all for giggles and a few extra grey hairs?

Alongside his business experience and acumen he brings to the party, I'm certain he will know all too well about Mayflower 2020 Celebrations. Considering every living American ex-President is invited, the larger and wider upgrades planned to transport and the boost in hospitality the council are pushing, the planned pop concerts...if I had the money I'd be thinking of ways to get in on the act.

A nice little football tournament (male or female) with a team from the Dutch, American's and English. A chance to pedal 'Pilgrim' merchandise across the pond, create new revenue streams.

It would be ridiculous to think Argyle are not getting in on the act. I would hope that stablising in this year, consolidating and then in the 19/20 season use the momentum from within the city as part of the wider event for a promotion push is quite feasible.

Ps. If the club are not looking at it, the Taverner's had best start pushing the club to think about it!

PPS. Really hope we get another striker in, but one we can afford and is within budget!

Jun 28, 2015
In all seriousness, I think it's great that the grandstand is getting a makeover and everything that comes with it. I just think it wouldn't harm dipping in the budget a bit to make sure we stay in the league this year. However, DA has an eye for picking up players for next to nothing so I'll trust his judgment. I'm sure we will get one or maybe two in by the end of September......hopefully Akinde lol jokes.

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Definitely too early to be panicking just yet

The lack of firepower is a problem which needs addressing quickly though, as if we cant score goals we will lose games, as our defence is average for this division

Lets hope DA targets come to fruition, as any more injuries (and with our record its very likely) and we will be relying on others to score goals

Lets hope we can get the right quality in as opposed to players filling the gaps

My concern is the longer we dont get someone in, all the time we are losing games then confidence will take a battering and we dont want to be playing catch up from the start

Long season, nobody expects us to be ripping up any tress this year, but the last thing we want to us bounce back down and spend the next 5 years getting back to where we are now

B

BDW

I can't believe, two games in to the season fans are panicking. We have played one league game where, by all accounts, the lads acquitted themselves well and a draw would have been a result more reflective of the players endeavours. We have played one cup game, wholesale changes were made we were spanked and DA has admitted it was a mistake.

There is still 21 days to the transfer window closing which is then followed by a loan window. DA has proven how canny he is and I believe he will sort out all that requires sorting.

Equally the call for the pot of money for the refurbishment of the Grandstand/Mayflower area to be dipped in to is quite frankly ludicrous. Playing budgets should be ring fenced as should infrastructure budgets, simple economics.

Patience is the key, I am sure that things will improve from Tuesday and the first team will deliver on Saturday.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
BDW":37q7ssc9 said:
Equally the call for the pot of money for the refurbishment of the Grandstand/Mayflower area to be dipped in to is quite frankly ludicrous. Playing budgets should be ring fenced as should infrastructure budgets, simple economics

Especially as it's not even really a pot of money to dip into at all, it's a loan specifically and solely to refurbish the grandstand. There's no argument about how it's distributed in the first place.

It's incredible how many people think there is this one pot of money for all related developments. You see it on the Herald comments pages a lot, where there is a big project like Bretonside or the History Centre (Box :crazy:) and people are demanding it is spent on social housing or potholes instead.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
BDW":s93fj3br said:
I can't believe, two games in to the season fans are panicking. We have played one league game where, by all accounts, the lads acquitted themselves well and a draw would have been a result more reflective of the players endeavours. We have played one cup game, wholesale changes were made we were spanked and DA has admitted it was a mistake.

There is still 21 days to the transfer window closing which is then followed by a loan window. DA has proven how canny he is and I believe he will sort out all that requires sorting.

Equally the call for the pot of money for the refurbishment of the Grandstand/Mayflower area to be dipped in to is quite frankly ludicrous. Playing budgets should be ring fenced as should infrastructure budgets, simple economics.

Patience is the key, I am sure that things will improve from Tuesday and the first team will deliver on Saturday.

There is no loan window, after 31st August there are no more transfers or loans until January.

Aug 15, 2008
We have scored one goal in five games. However we played well at Peterboro making loads of chances. Lets not pee the bed just yet.
As for the Bristol game - we do it year on year in this Cup (get battered) so forget about it.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
What happens when the 4 strikers take up offers at other clubs on the last day of the transfer window ? DA has tried to apply some pressure to get them to sign but they will hold off to the last minute and could leave us stranded

We could be up the creek without a striker for 3 months when Taylor hopefully returns unless we can sign an
un-contracted player - BRUNTY ?

#BringBackBrunty