4 offers on the table for a striker | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

4 offers on the table for a striker

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
samjones":1g16ds80 said:
What happens when the 4 strikers take up offers at other clubs on the last day of the transfer window ? DA has tried to apply some pressure to get them to sign but they will hold off to the last minute and could leave us stranded

We could be up the creek without a striker for 3 months when Taylor hopefully returns unless we can sign an
un-contracted player - BRUNTY ?

#BringBackBrunty

I thought Brunty had signed for Exeter.

Jul 3, 2013
Same old clowns moaning as it was after 2 games this year, any of you brave enough to wager a season ticket that we dont get relegeted? Season ticket given to pasoti...................

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":7id9wk8m said:
pedro91":7id9wk8m said:
Biggs":7id9wk8m said:
loyal1970":7id9wk8m said:
but we do have a fantastic training pitch.

I hope that wasn't meant to be sarcastic*. The training pitches at Harpers Park were a disgrace and this was a crucial and very welcome bit of investment.

*Apologies if not :greensmile:
They were hardly a "disgrace"!!!!!

:roll:

They were a disgrace for pretty much any professional football club. That's been stated in so many words by players and management alike.

Training facilities have long been an achilles heel for Argyle, and lots of us were delighted to see them dramatically improved.

Martyn Starnes":7id9wk8m said:
"We have also got a very poor training ground and so some money is being put into that.

"The training pitches will need additional work as well to bring them up to the standard that we think the team deserves.

"At the moment we are struggling with training facilities to be quite honest.

"What Derek (Adams) is doing with the team on the pitch, given the training surfaces we have got, is remarkable."

"I was astonished when I came down here that a club which had been in the Championship had only got two grass pitches that tended to get waterlogged during certain months of the year.

"They are basically just recreational pitches that you get in the park that have had a little bit better looking after.

"Well, that is not good enough. We have to have better surfaces than that.

I remember Argyle being in the Championship, and seeing Larrieu having to drive bags of balls and cones from inside the Home Park gates down to Harper's Park in a golf buggy with a trailer.

I bet Bradley Wright Phillips wasn't coming in 20 mins early to do that at Man City!

Many ex-players in various interviews have identified Argyle as being unprofessional and amateurish in infrastructure and facilities. Tony Pulis even wrote a dossier on it and presented it to the board as a leaving present with advice on what to upgrade and how urgently.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":k572p4uw said:
Biggs":k572p4uw said:
pedro91":k572p4uw said:
Biggs":k572p4uw said:
loyal1970":k572p4uw said:
but we do have a fantastic training pitch.

I hope that wasn't meant to be sarcastic*. The training pitches at Harpers Park were a disgrace and this was a crucial and very welcome bit of investment.

*Apologies if not :greensmile:
They were hardly a "disgrace"!!!!!

:roll:

They were a disgrace for pretty much any professional football club. That's been stated in so many words by players and management alike.

Training facilities have long been an achilles heel for Argyle, and lots of us were delighted to see them dramatically improved.

Martyn Starnes":k572p4uw said:
"We have also got a very poor training ground and so some money is being put into that.

"The training pitches will need additional work as well to bring them up to the standard that we think the team deserves.

"At the moment we are struggling with training facilities to be quite honest.

"What Derek (Adams) is doing with the team on the pitch, given the training surfaces we have got, is remarkable."

"I was astonished when I came down here that a club which had been in the Championship had only got two grass pitches that tended to get waterlogged during certain months of the year.

"They are basically just recreational pitches that you get in the park that have had a little bit better looking after.

"Well, that is not good enough. We have to have better surfaces than that.

I remember Argyle being in the Championship, and seeing Larrieu having to drive bags of balls and cones from inside the Home Park gates down to Harper's Park in a golf buggy with a trailer.

I bet Bradley Wright Phillips wasn't coming in 20 mins early to do that at Man City!

Many ex-players in various interviews have identified Argyle as being unprofessional and amateurish in infrastructure and facilities. Tony Pulis even wrote a dossier on it and presented it to the board as a leaving present with advice on what to upgrade and how urgently.

Today it was Adams, Brewster and Wotton carrying the bags of balls back from Harper's Park at the end of this afternoons training.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just saw Trigger out for a run. Looking sharp, definitely faster than Spencer, probably just inside our budget too

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbsworth":3ctxnn3u said:

Yep. When Darcy Blake left Argyle to go back to Cardiff, his 'praise' was pretty damning...

Blake’s transformation began when he was sent to Plymouth for a four-month loan last August.

Blake, 21, added: “It was a wake-up call I needed.

“It’s a different world down there – even though we’re in the same ­division. You have to clean you own boots, take your kit home to wash and the facilities weren’t like here.

“You don’t realise how lucky you are until you are somewhere else. It’s taught me to work as hard off the pitch as on it.”

The last bit reads as if he'd been in Afghanistan for four months, which no matter how spoiled you think footballers are, was a shocking indictment on our setup.

Mar 14, 2009
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/august/money-up-front/

It appears then we are after the sole forward. Personally, think we need two more with Taylor out.

What l disagree with Adams about is Jervis. He can't play the lone forward role. He just isn't good enough with his back to goal. It's such a vital position that l feel it has to be Blissett that starts because at least he is an outlet.

No mention though on either Ness or bringing in another midfielder which is worrying. With Fox at the age he is and injury prone Ness being unavailable, l feel this is as much as a problem as the forward areas. The fact we didn't get stuck into City on Tuesday shows we lack players who can tackle and we lack an aggression in the middle of the park which all teams need.

Mar 21, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":1gpjz1g7 said:

It appears then we are after the sole forward. Personally, think we need two more with Taylor out.

What l disagree with Adams about is Jervis. He can't play the lone forward role. He just isn't good enough with his back to goal. It's such a vital position that l feel it has to be Blissett that starts because at least he is an outlet.

No mention though on either Ness or bringing in another midfielder which is worrying. With Fox at the age he is and injury prone Ness being unavailable, l feel this is as much as a problem as the forward areas. The fact we didn't get stuck into City on Tuesday shows we lack players who can tackle and we lack an aggression in the middle of the park which all teams need.

Ness is in full training now and needs some more time and reserve games to get up to fitness

Mar 14, 2009
Rob_GT4":1k4oxtp7 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1k4oxtp7 said:

Ness is in full training now and needs some more time and reserve games to get up to fitness

Well that's good news but l still feel we need another option for him. Especially if he were to break down over the coming months. We don't have that type of combative player.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The other forward in the first-team squad is first-year professional Alex Fletcher, whose time may well come but is not yet.
“Alex is training with the first team and he’ll play on Friday night in the Peninsula League game,” said Derek.

so he wont be involved on Saturday.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":1yqfh5g1 said:
Rob_GT4":1yqfh5g1 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1yqfh5g1 said:

Well that's good news but l still feel we need another option for him. Especially if he were to break down over the coming months. We don't have that type of combative player.

Songo.

Nov 22, 2006
Doesn't sound like there is a striker imminent reading between the lines from that statement, which makes Pilgrim28 post unlikely, I've been wrong before though

Sep 28, 2003
London
I'm not keen on the whole "don't be stupid, we were in administration only six years ago" vibe there. Why not just say "we're doing everything we can?"

May 21, 2015
Knibbsworth":2r9obp0k said:
Yep. When Darcy Blake left Argyle to go back to Cardiff, his 'praise' was pretty damning...

Blake’s transformation began when he was sent to Plymouth for a four-month loan last August.

Blake, 21, added: “It was a wake-up call I needed.

“It’s a different world down there – even though we’re in the same ­division. You have to clean you own boots, take your kit home to wash and the facilities weren’t like here.

“You don’t realise how lucky you are until you are somewhere else. It’s taught me to work as hard off the pitch as on it.”

The last bit reads as if he'd been in Afghanistan for four months, which no matter how spoiled you think footballers are, was a shocking indictment on our setup.

Whilst I take your point, that wake up call didn't really affect Blake the way you might think, he was last spotted playing amateur footy in the Gwent area.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Andy Holland":30icmdtb said:
I'm not keen on the whole "don't be stupid, we were in administration only six years ago" vibe there. Why not just say "we're doing everything we can?"
Yes - indeed. It's even a touch patronising lecturing the great unwashed.

We all know we were in Administration 6 years ago. We all fought to get through it and don't need it rammed down out throat at every opportunity despite calls from certain areas to 'splash the cash'.

Slightly off topic, but it reminds me of a few years ago when Stapleton came out telling us all how hard the forthcoming season was going to be. I KNOW!!! I'm a f**king Argyle fan!!! Be please don't take my little bit of hope away.

As you said Andy - "We're doing all we can." Thank you.