Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

Nov 22, 2006
Biggs":37o9noxz said:
They understand he's keen to be considered = they've asked him.

It doesn't mean they've asked him at all its newspaper spin to sell a couple more copies, I'm not saying that the man is definitely not interested but I'm not going to be to concerned unless something more concrete than a little newspaper article from up north comes out

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
GreatYarmouthGreen":1bmh8p5m said:
Very speculative...who and where is the source for this info? Unsettling if true but I have no reason to think that he would be leaving.
If they quoted a source they'd never get any information from that source again. The likelihood is that Derek, or someone closely connected to Derek has spoken to the paper. They seem to have a pretty good record with stories they post, so I'd be very surprised if Derek doesn't want the job.

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Argy1e":3px69r67 said:
GreatYarmouthGreen":3px69r67 said:
Very speculative...who and where is the source for this info? Unsettling if true but I have no reason to think that he would be leaving.
If they quoted a source they'd never get any information from that source again. The likelihood is that Derek, or someone closely connected to Derek has spoken to the paper. They seem to have a pretty good record with stories they post, so I'd be very surprised if Derek doesn't want the job.

That's fair enough. Having had a quick look on the Aberdeen Forums, most posters are wanting Alex Neill. We can only hope!

Feb 5, 2015
Sam Barker":2g513dks said:
If he wants it or not remains to be seen but there is no chance Aberdeen will pay out the remaining three years of his contract here when Alex Neil is out of work.

This sums it up for me. Of all the names listed in that shortlist by the Record, he is by far the most expensive option.

And, with managers like Neil available for free - I'd be gobsmacked if they paid for Adams - especially as the compensation for their current gaffer could be used to improve the squad..

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Blimey, this is all a bit scary. Would be gutted if he left right as we've turned the corner. It's his boyhood club though.. :(

Jul 29, 2010
GreenLDN":nn2t9il4 said:
Sam Barker":nn2t9il4 said:
If he wants it or not remains to be seen but there is no chance Aberdeen will pay out the remaining three years of his contract here when Alex Neil is out of work.

This sums it up for me. Of all the names listed in that shortlist by the Record, he is by far the most expensive option.

And, with managers like Neil available for free - I'd be gobsmacked if they paid for Adams - especially as the compensation for their current gaffer could be used to improve the squad..
...unless Adams were to resign and then 'by pure fluke' 'bump' into the Aberdeen equivalent of Milan Manderic in a service station. It has been done before :furious:

I too am reassured by the compo issue, in the grand scheme of things this SHOULD be enough to rule DA out. But there once was a bloke called Holloway and we all remember what happened there.

Another thing in favour of this not happening is that the probable impending Aberdeen vacancy has been there for weeks now. In that time he has convinced three new players to sign for us, players he wants. If his gaze was distracted elsewhere would he have signed them.

On that thought... unless he quickly and publicly distances himself from this report, any players mulling over signing for us, or dare I say any key player mulling over RE-signing for us, might look elsewhere if they think the manager trying to sign/re-sign them isn't going to be there.

This needs to be denied, and quickly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, worst possible time for there to be instability.

Aug 5, 2016
jimbo_the_green":2867a12d said:
I would like to think he's more ambitious than to be interested in a slug out with rangers for 2nd spot in the spl

Yeah, a club like Aberdeen is paltry compared to Plymouth Argyle. What's so great about Ibrox and Celtic Park, when DA can come to Wimbledon away and Fleetwood with us? What's so fancy about European Cup opposition when you can play Swansea U21s in some weird, regionalised, waste of time trophy?

Jan 3, 2013
Knibbsworth":14o9qn2n said:
jimbo_the_green":14o9qn2n said:
I would like to think he's more ambitious than to be interested in a slug out with rangers for 2nd spot in the spl

Yeah, a club like Aberdeen is paltry compared to Plymouth Argyle. What's so great about Ibrox and Celtic Park, when DA can come to Wimbledon away and Fleetwood with us? What's so fancy about European Cup opposition when you can play Swansea U21s in some weird, regionalised, waste of time trophy?

Exactly. If he does go, I for one will wish him well

May 11, 2017
Great Yarmouth
Knibbsworth":1vrewbxh said:
jimbo_the_green":1vrewbxh said:

The fancy European opposition is if Aberdeen get through the tedious and often difficult qualifying group stages sometimes against obscure Latvian, Irish and Polish clubs.

Oh and 2 FA cup games against Liverpool. Granted you aren't always going to get big teams but I don't think there is that much between the clubs as people believe. Adams has already been against both Celtic and Rangers many times both as a player and manager.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm not sure there is much logic to it, as Aberdeen have hit their glass ceiling whereas Argyle have got a hell of a long way to go before we hit ours.

But football isn't about logic, if he wants to go it looks like it's because he's a lifelong Aberdeen fan. Let's just hope they don't want him.