Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
xmastree":2fkoh262 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2fkoh262 said:
Three things that might see him return to Scotland.

1. He is ambitious. Whatever you say about Scottish football, it is top flight football and with Rangers struggling like they are it's a chance to be a challenger for the league title. Also there is a route into Europe. Adams will know given how limited our resources are that after league one, without serious financial backing, it will be very hard to do anything in the championship, but survive.

2. He did state in an article last year/start of this year that he wants to manage in Scotland again at some point.

3. He might feel he has unfinished business after what happened last time.

You can say Argyle are bigger than Aberdeen but realistically they have a chairman it appears with more money and can challenge for and possibly win either the Scottish league cup and/or fa cup.

However, Adams l thought was quite a loyal man. He seems to be grateful for the route back into football Argyle have given him. I don't think compensation will be they key.

Its not only if Aberdeen wants him but if he feels he can take Argyle further.. Holloway didn't after saying wonderful things about Argyle as Manager.

Is Adams any different? I hope so.

Is Aberdeen going to give him the power and flexibility to do what he wants at the club? Adams has a lot of control here at PAFC. He is just embarking on a project. The trouble is does his heart remain for Scottish football.

In what way can you say that Argyle are bigger than Aberdeen?

English clubs are bigger than Scottish clubs. But yes the fall of Rangers he could go there and be title contenders with Aberdeen but I think unlike Ian Holloway he seems to have more morals and is a loyal man.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Both the club and Adams need to clarify the situation.

If Adams wants to take the job and is actively seeking a move then I see his position as untenable if he fails in his attempt.

May 8, 2011
At the moment Aberdeen seems to be in a bit of a mess, sold a player this afternoon, wonder if the manager knew, other players have left already and even the Manager wants out.
Not sure it's the best time to take them over unless you get a guarantee not to be sacked in the first year.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Adams' stock in Scotland was always on the increase since his appalling sacking at Ross County. That was a club whose ambition failed to live up to his and in effect he was fired because he wanted to take them beyond a community club. The single worst reputation he had in Scotland was his abrasive manner in which we have seen, both the way he antagonises other managers and how he can galvanise his own team to (some might say) perform greater than the sums.

He needed to take time away from the day to day managing and spent his wilderness year(s) learning from anyone that would allow him access, which was a considerable amount BTW.

That PAFC found him at the most fortuitous time has been a god send. He not only steadied the ship but navigated the club through some stormy waters until the storm was weathered and he can now sail under calmer skies. None of this has been ignored by clubs higher than us up and down the country and regardless of how much we want GC10 to re-sign DA is undoubtedly our prize jewel and he will know that.

I don't know if he has the morals of a saint or that he will stay with us until his dying day but it will be a sad day when he decides that there is more to life than PAFC in League 1. Will he think Aberdeen is a step up? Certainly, he'd be going to a club second only to Celtic atm and with the only realistic chance of delaying the inevitable, will that be enough to persuade him? If he has stated his interest than his compensation will no doubt be greater than his contract with which to find a suitable replacement and in better time than when Sheridan left us with a better organisation surrounding it.

If it happens, good luck DA, thanks for all you've achieved.

On another note. Surely enough has happened since Holloway left and many has since bourne out that the club was being run down so much as to the reasons why he felt he couldn't stay and that a decent club like Leicester was being run one heck of a lot better so why do people persist in calling him a judas? If DA goes what way will people decide to remember him by?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
HC Green":9m4lrc1f said:
At the moment Aberdeen seems to be in a bit of a mess, sold a player this afternoon, wonder if the manager knew, other players have left already and even the Manager wants out.
Not sure it's the best time to take them over unless you get a guarantee not to be sacked in the first year.

At the moment Argyle seem to be a bit of a mess, bought in a player yesterday of course his manager knew, other players bought in for next season but the manager wants out!

May 8, 2011
Tugboat":1fhc1etd said:

If Adams wants to take the job and is actively seeking a move then I see his position as untenable if he fails in his attempt.

Why should they respond to press speculation?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":i3n3ak2j said:

We won't sack him and let any club b off paying compo. More wait and see.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":3bix7c65 said:
Tugboat":3bix7c65 said:

Why should they respond to press speculation?

All to do with the IGS , HC .

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Ade the green":3q9kiacl said:
HC Green":3q9kiacl said:

At the moment Argyle seem to be a bit of a mess, bought in a player yesterday of course his manager knew, other players bought in for next season but the manager wants out!

We've just been promoted, we're hardly in a mess.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'd like to know what question DA was asked to elicit the answer he was quoted as giving. It makes a BIG difference. For example, he might have been asked if he would ever like to manage Aberdeen or he might have been asked if he was interested in the current vacancy.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ade the green":3c751ewm said:
Tugboat":3c751ewm said:

If he's a actively looking and trying to be the next manager of Aberdeen and fails then he should resign from his current post.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
r4h4al":dk62r9mp said:
Ade the green":dk62r9mp said:
HC Green":dk62r9mp said:

We've just been promoted, we're hardly in a mess.

Aberdeen are in the SPL, where could they be promoted too?

It was a flippant response to a green tinted post that we are the only club anyone would want to play/manage etc which is patently untrue and DA would know his mind better than anyone.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
from the comments in the Record, Adam's wants out...whether to Aberdeen or wherever.....

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Tugboat":3kdow40c said:
Ade the green":3kdow40c said:
Tugboat":3kdow40c said:

If he's a actively looking and trying to be the next manager of Aberdeen and fails then he should resign from his current post.

Either way, we're letting off any suitors from the potential of compo. How's DA's garden by the way.