Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams linked with Aberdeen job (update - McInnes stays)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ade the green":16y5jur0 said:
oddball":16y5jur0 said:
from the comments in the Record, Adam's wants out...whether to Aberdeen or wherever.....

Link?

I think that has been taken from the line 'Adams wants to return home' from the Daily Record piece.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Start at the beginning...........whether Adams said it directly or whether it was a third party,who knows,....however the comments are out there in the public domain that he is interested in the Aberdeen vacancy...what sort of message does that send out to players,directors and indeed supporters of Plymouth Argyle FC.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
DA is in USA isn't he?

This is the trouble with this time of year, lots of speculation and unfounded reports appear. Two weeks ago Teddy Sheringham was about to be new Swindon manager.

Let's wait and see - there are lots of options available for the Pittodrie job.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oddball":2og5elia said:
Start at the beginning...........whether Adams said it directly or whether it was a third party,who knows,....however the comments are out there in the public domain that he is interested in the Aberdeen vacancy...what sort of message does that send out to players,directors and indeed supporters of Plymouth Argyle FC.
A fudging poo one to be bluntly honest.

That's why the club need to clarify the situation as soon as possible

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
oddball":2jp5is9i said:

Still misquote though?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I see both sides of the argument.

Factors which could persuade him to go:

1. Regardless of the quality of the league, he would be managing a top flight club, playing Celtic and Rangers.

2. His home country.

3. Aberdeen have the chance to be playing Europa league football next season.

Factors which could persuade him to stay:

1. He's currently in the middle of a building process with us.

2. Aberdeen have hit their ceiling and can't go much further, whereas we can.

3. The majority of Aberdeen fans can't stand him while he's loved here.

Jul 29, 2010
No names, but reading through the thread it is interesting to see what people have posted in response to this bearing in mind the 'underlying tint' of their general posting history.

Some are stoic, it is afterall just newspaper 'nudge nudge wink wink'.

Others are virtually waving him goodbye :shock:

Won't be long before someone blames James Brent of course.

All posted in line with the general glass half full/empty/fist waving/surrender monkeying of their usual tone.

Apropos nothing of course, it just makes interesting viewing for a people watcher like me.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
oddball":3dcxgwm2 said:

Speaking as one Plymouth Argyle supporter , the message i have read is that there is speculation linking our manager with another club and as yet i see no reason to be too concerned by this , neither do i feel the urge to hunt DA down and torture him until he tells me what he knows .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would presume the Scottish media including the Daily Record still have contact with Adams' father George who is a football stawart in Scotland so the quote might have come discreetly from him.

Aberdeen also approached Adams in 2013 to become their manager.

Martyn Starnes' comment in the Herald doesn't actually squash the speculation.

Nov 22, 2006
oddball":ba5dkp57 said:
from the comments in the Record, Adam's wants out...whether to Aberdeen or wherever.....

What comments ?!? All I've seen it say is that they understand he wants the job it's a newspaper they make up bo****ks for a living to sell there story, there is nothing official from Adams Argyle or Aberdeen people are once again on this site over reacting to a story that may or may not be true

And since I read the comments on this thread Starnes has basically come out and said it's nonsense do you not think Adams would have the decency to tell the Argyle board of his interest in another job before it came out in the press people need to stop violating a man who has done nothing to damage his growing reputation at this club

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Tugboat":1ap3y8jo said:
oddball":1ap3y8jo said:
A flipping poo one to be bluntly honest.

Or you could say why bother fuelling something that isn't true?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
r4h4al":23k0njks said:
Tugboat":23k0njks said:
oddball":23k0njks said:
A flipping poo one to be bluntly honest.

Or you could say why bother fuelling something that isn't true?

Which is what the club/manager does when something has been said the the press