Another Brunt v Reid thread | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another Brunt v Reid thread

Sep 8, 2013
Totally agree that selection should be on form, not reputation. But I hope that DA/CB have this in mind both following matches and during training.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Yeah yeah yeah Reuben is fat and lazy like Ebanks was, like mackie was headless, like barnes was poo, like mason was lightweight. So lets pick someone with 10 goals in his career over someone who has 100 goals in his career for our most important 17 games of the season.

C

Cobi Budge.

That logic makes no sense whatsoever. So if Brunt scored 10 in 10 games, yet Reuben scored none, you'd still pick the latter because he'd scored plenty in previous seasons?

Form > Reputation.

C

Cobi Budge.

That's something you keep bringing up & it simply isn't true. I made it very clear that I wanted Reid to start at Exeter, I said that he was underperforming, I didn't say that he should be dropped.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Reuben clearly isn't match fit and this was evident against Wycombe when their keeper was down injured. He hesitated, something a fit Reid never does.

Admittedly he isn't in great form at the moment, but his fitness and form won't return with him sat on the bench. He has to play his way back into form.

He's got bags more talent than Brunt, and because of that he has to start. He's a game changer whereas Brunt is just a good player.

Oct 5, 2013
X Isle":lcbzfj05 said:
Shall we leave the manager to make the choice, he has been making choices rather well so far :wink:

Not every time though, as I'm sure he would agree himself!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I agree with 'edmonds200' on this one.

Reid should get at least one more opportunity to show his 'Accrington/Notts County' form, especially with Carey back to full fitness to provide potential assists. From reports of the Wycombe game, which I had to miss fortunately, it appears that it was not the sort of game ('fits and starts') when Reid or anyone else was able to excel.

Oct 5, 2013
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":m6djd721 said:
Reuben clearly isn't match fit and this was evident against Wycombe when their keeper was down injured. He hesitated, something a fit Reid never does.

Admittedly he isn't in great form at the moment, but his fitness and form won't return with him sat on the bench. He has to play his way back into form.

He's got bags more talent than Brunt, and because of that he has to start. He's a game changer whereas Brunt is just a good player.

Maybe you are saying the same thing as the pro-Brunties: a "game changer" is best brought on as a sub, isn't he?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

philevs":1gwvenfm said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1gwvenfm said:

Maybe you are saying the same thing as the pro-Brunties: a "game changer" is best brought on as a sub, isn't he?

Did LVG leave Rooney on the bench when he was suffering poor form?

No, because Wayne Rooney has the potential to win games on his own.

The same can be said for Reid relatively speaking. Need I remind anyone what Reid did in Exeter?

And on that note, that hat trick has always struck me as quite bizarre. For most clubs that feat, plus the forty goals has you hailed as a hero. At Argyle it has you doubted.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
edmonds200":1v0pjiaj said:
Yeah yeah yeah Reuben is fat and lazy like Ebanks was, like mackie was headless, like barnes was poo, like mason was lightweight. So lets pick someone with 10 goals in his career over someone who has 100 goals in his career for our most important 17 games of the season.

If you were replying to me then that is one almighty Whoosh

While I'm not going to pick a side in this enthralling debate (not having seen any live competitive matches in the past couple of seasons, and never, as I recall, having seen Brunty play for us, I don't feel qualified to pass judgement either way), can I just say that it's always nice to see threads like this. You can never have enough Brunt v Reid threads, in my opinion.

Keep 'em coming, gents! :scarf: