Another Brunt v Reid thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Another Brunt v Reid thread

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Mike Charlick":q9gi2nhv said:
Glaring miss????

Yeah I think he lost his bearings and thought he was directly in front of goal when actually he was a few yards wide. He'd got in front of his marker well but almost casually stroked the ball wide as if he was planting it in the net. I think most people in the ground would call it a glaring miss.
Regardless, he got into dangerous positions and was only prevented a goal by a last ditch challenge from one cross where he moved and anticipated the near post cross.

On another note it was good to see nardiello get some time off his 'post match biscuit arranging duties'

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Watching Brunt today I felt he looked as though he'd been starting games for a while now. What I mean is that when coming off the bench and fighting for a place, he was in people's faces and putting himself about more. Perhaps it's natural because you're not striving to make that impact but I felt that aggression was missing from his game today.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
IJN":1l35i4mn said:
Brunty is a spade and Rubes is a fork.

To have a decent garden, you need both.

Yeah I think I agree with that bit then you have to drop a midfielder, I think I would drop Simpson on that performance don't think he offered much like the others do.

Mar 14, 2009
What annoys me is people not noticing how isolated Brunt was today, especially 1st half. What was he suppose to do?

Suddenly, two can get around him and mark him out of the game, especially when he has no support forward or midfielder. Some of the balls up to him aren't great either!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would like to see us go 3-5-2 with either Reid or Brunt with nardiello up front, with Carey pulling the strings behind I reckon that will cause some damage and get more goals as a result.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Steve.PAFC2012":1viqu2ky said:
I would like to see us go 3-5-2 with either Reid or Brunt with nardiello up front, with Carey pulling the strings behind I reckon that will cause some damage and get more goals as a result.
It would mean either dropping or accommodating Wylde though, who has been in good form recently.

Oct 24, 2010
I think Brunt deserves a lot of credit for yesterday. He had by any standards a poor game but he never hid and or stopped showing for the ball and kept up his work rate throughout. It must also be said he was up up against two very good defenders and a lenient referee who should be commended for allowing the game to flow but it didn't do Brunt any favours.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
2 strikers at home please. Play like we mean to score early and put games to bed at Home Park by half time. What combo that is I don't mind. Thank God Carey likes getting in and around the box otherwise it'd be a no-go zone.
A couple of times in the first half Wylde was looking up to cross only to see an empty box.

Oct 31, 2015
Metal_Green_Mickey":m9lb3eq9 said:
What annoys me is people not noticing how isolated Brunt was today, especially 1st half. What was he suppose to do?!

I totally agree with this statement. They had 2 on him all game but they could afford to because we had no one around him exploiting the gaps he was making with having 2 x defenders marking him.

Im not a football manager so must trust DA but it was screeming for someone to exploit that gap and trouble their defence

Mar 18, 2014
Makes me smile

Brunt is isolated up front so doesn't shine, but he gets defended on here.

Reid is isolated up front so doesn't shine, and he is lazy.

From what I have seen both are much more effective with a partner up front

Surely the genius that is Derek Adams can see this, if us lot can?

C

Cobi Budge.

No surprises here. As soon as Brunt appears to be a little ineffective during a game his critics are out in force.

Brunt struggled in the first half because he had no support whatsoever, we didn't move the ball into the wide areas enough, and Carey seemed to be playing as a CDM at times, Brunt had no chance up against two decent CB's with little help, Reuben wouldn't have had anymore luck, I don't think any striker would have.

In the second half, DA switched it around a little, we were playing more of a 442, with Carey & Tanner taking it in turns to partner Brunt, and Brunt, like the rest of the team, improved significantly, and he also played a big part in holding the ball up later in the game.

Another good performance from Brunt, he doesn't deserve to be dropped, he does a lot more for the team than people seem to recognise.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
If you play Wylde and/or Jervis you need to play an extra covering midfielder, the sacrifice is the extra forward. You can play two up front but you need tackling wide-midfielders - Tanner and Carey. If you're going to play 1 up front I'd go with Reid, if 2 it would be Brunt and Nardiello. Adams likes Wylde and so that decision sets the formation and the personnel. IMHO Wylde is worth ditching to play the two up front.