Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Lundan Cabbie":2rcjep5m said:
pilgrimmike1":2rcjep5m said:
Keepitgreen":2rcjep5m said:
The charge is failing to control players and officials. The reasons why they may have been out of control, ie the refereeing, heavy tackles or any other provocation will NOT be considered as a reasonable excuse. I fear both clubs will be found guilty.
Study the footage LC. The Argyle players were under control, trying to stop Hayes and a couple of others getting to McHugh. Not guilty guvnor.

What about the tunnel stuff though? I've not seen any footage but I was listening to Sparksy's commentary and that sounded meaty enough.
If you've seen no footage LC how come you can reach a guilty on Argyle :problem: You don't now anything about the tunnel like most of us.

Someone official saw something for the charge to be made in the first place. It will be their statement that will be the basis of of the charges. Events were seen by someone otherwise we'd not be here where we are now. The lack of video may well be to Argyle's detriment because it might have contradicted this official's report.
True enough but that does not make us guilty does it, more evidence unknown to the Fa may well be presented by the club that proves otherwise.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Or both clubs may yet accept the charges although reading these pages, many would be upset if that were to be the case.

I just paid a visit to GoS who normally have a link to Sparksy's commentary at the full time whistle. I thought I might like to hear Gordon's words again but strangely, this week only the goal clip appears. Is that just coincidence?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Cobi Budge.":115dmgrg said:
Neither club should be charged, the man in the middle should be however.

But do ref's ever get charged? The more incompetent they are, the more the FA rush to defend them.

What is the point in having a referees assessor?

The ref was incompetent, Wycombe took advantage of that, therefore he was responsible for the destruction of the game. Simple.

Unfortunately, the more incompetent a referee is, the more inclined the FA will be to protect him, meaning the worst ref's are never punished.

Well said.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Lundan Cabbie":2mezq7ia said:
Or both clubs may yet accept the charges although reading these pages, many would be upset if that were to be the case.

I just paid a visit to GoS who normally have a link to Sparksy's commentary at the full time whistle. I thought I might like to hear Gordon's words again but strangely, this week only the goal clip appears. Is that just coincidence?

Ha ha, just being selective LC.

Dec 3, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":1vyp0doq said:
Keepitgreen":1vyp0doq said:
Lundan Cabbie":1vyp0doq said:
The charge is failing to control players and officials. The reasons why they may have been out of control, ie the refereeing, heavy tackles or any other provocation will NOT be considered as a reasonable excuse. I fear both clubs will be found guilty.
Study the footage LC. The Argyle players were under control, trying to stop Hayes and a couple of others getting to McHugh. Not guilty guvnor.

What about the tunnel stuff though? I've not seen any footage but I was listening to Sparksy's commentary and that sounded meaty enough.

Not entirely sure how Sparksy can commentate of something that may or may not have happened in the tunnel - unless he can see through the terracing, which I doubt.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It couldn't have all been out of his sight because GS was telling listeners what he could see. Firstly what was happening between the two managers and then the players further along the touchline.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Lundan Cabbie":2q8hvx7n said:

Yes its one big conspiracy. Threads will go missing on here, ATC and facebook. A proper cleansing so those clever folk at the FA won't have a thing to go on. Yeah, that's it.

I listened to Sparksy's coverage on Radio Devon/Argyle Player.

He was descriptive - as usual - and very annoyed that the match referee was still some distance away from the melee some minutes later.

Maybe Radio Devon archive their commentaries ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Jul 29, 2010
I have seen the full video of the tunnel incident at the end of the game and it doesn't bode well for either team no mater who started it. Also, be in no doubt that Luke and Reuben did "have a disagreement".

Apr 9, 2011
Once again its fixed by the fa that an incompetent official is absolved of all responsibility & all the blame falls on the shoulders of the clubs whilst another totally weak & incompetent officials performance gets neatly swept under the carpet

Apr 9, 2011
As for the disgraceful performance from the yettie at full time whoever is the owner at theirs should be squirming with embarrassment & take internal action against him, as if that isn't bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is! Will the fa look at that I wonder? or as usual bottle it

P

Positively Green

phil-thefluter24":8skhrta8 said:
As for the disgraceful performance from the yettie at full time whoever is the owner at theirs should be squirming with embarrassment & take internal action against him, as if that isn't bringing the game into disrepute I don't know what is! Will the fa look at that I wonder? or as usual bottle it

I have to say I was shocked when I saw the YouTube clip of GA's behaviour towards DA. How can the owners expect anything other than vile behaviour from the team when the manager acts like a football hooligan himself? It explains everything about Wycombe Wanderers. The referee showed no inclination to even attempt to control any of the events on the pitch when it was obvious to most of us that tempers were bound to erupt due to the blatant cheating (again) taking place right in front of us whilst the ref did absolutely nothing about it. The fact that he and his linesmen stayed in the middle of the pitch when the altercation around the tunnel began just about sums up his attitude- "not my problem". I have written to the FA about the officials. The fact that I am still angry today (Friday) is a sign that I feel I have witnessed an injustice. Thanks FA.

B

bizzay1

meetoo":3qs62veh said:
I have seen the full video of the tunnel incident at the end of the game and it doesn't bode well for either team no mater who started it. Also, be in no doubt that Luke and Reuben did "have a disagreement".

Have you a link to this please