Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle and Wycombe charged and fined. Update

Sep 23, 2005
We shouldn't second guess the FA's deliberations on this but they will have to be completely blinkered not to take into account the extreme provocation from Ainsworth and his captain Hayes.

We are guilty of retaliation so will suffer some punishment for sure but the instigators should be dealt with more severely and I will be so disappointed if that isn't the case. A campaign of correspondence to the FA coming up if they let us down on this one.

The level of blame will be proportionate in the difference of fine levied to each Club.

The Argyle CEO would be the best way of "lodging complaints" to the FA but, of course, they are part of FIFA - and we know how THEY work !!

The FA are just like the RFU WERE before Will Carlings' famous outburst..............they changed.

Can the FA ?

Once again, "the lunatics have taken over the asylum" famous line comes to the fore ?

I think I see a pig in the sky ...........there it goes again...................and..............

Keep the Faith :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Lundan Cabbie":yscd6x60 said:
Or both clubs may yet accept the charges although reading these pages, many would be upset if that were to be the case.

I just paid a visit to GoS who normally have a link to Sparksy's commentary at the full time whistle. I thought I might like to hear Gordon's words again but strangely, this week only the goal clip appears. Is that just coincidence?

I know that you like to provide the alternative view LC, but I rarely see a pro-Argyle comment from you. Sometimes, it would be good to see an opinion that indicates that you are supportive of our club and not just resentful of the fact that you are living away from London and unable to follow Crystal Palace.

Jul 29, 2010
bizzay1":2gyz9h3a said:
meetoo":2gyz9h3a said:
I have seen the full video of the tunnel incident at the end of the game and it doesn't bode well for either team no mater who started it. Also, be in no doubt that Luke and Reuben did "have a disagreement".

Have you a link to this please
Sorry, no. I don't think what I've seen was for public consumption at this time?

Jul 29, 2010
TinTin":28x54r75 said:
The level of blame will be proportionate in the difference of fine levied to each Club.

The Argyle CEO would be the best way of "lodging complaints" to the FA but, of course, they are part of FIFA - and we know how THEY work !!

The FA are just like the RFU WERE before Will Carlings' famous outburst..............they changed.

Can the FA ?

Once again, "the lunatics have taken over the asylum" famous line comes to the fore ?

I think I see a pig in the sky ...........there it goes again...................and..............

Keep the Faith :scarf:
Greg Dyke is leaving the FA because he couldn't change them so we've got no chance!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1b83gbso said:
Lundan Cabbie":1b83gbso said:
Or both clubs may yet accept the charges although reading these pages, many would be upset if that were to be the case.

I just paid a visit to GoS who normally have a link to Sparksy's commentary at the full time whistle. I thought I might like to hear Gordon's words again but strangely, this week only the goal clip appears. Is that just coincidence?

I know that you like to provide the alternative view LC, but I rarely see a pro-Argyle comment from you. Sometimes, it would be good to see an opinion that indicates that you are supportive of our club and not just resentful of the fact that you are living away from London and unable to follow Crystal Palace.

What makes you think I don't get to follow Palace from Plymouth? I have done eight games this season (from 225 miles away), six home & two away.

Anyway, back on topic. My view here is simply realistic. Most of the reasons given on here for Argyle to be found innocent are ignoring the charge that they failed to control their players. We all know what the FA are like and I more than expect them to rule that the players should have shown control even in the face of provocation. That's not being anti Argyle, that is recognising how the FA has judges similar cases in the past.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
We need to look at this from a neutral point of view. For every accusation and insult aimed by us towards Wycombe will come back at us from them. The FA will look at all the evidence and apportion blame and both clubs will offer mitigation. Whether Wycombe's history will go against them is anyone's guess but we've had some full blown incidents in our past also.

Batten down the hatches and just wait and see what happens because there's nothing we can do to influence their decision.

What we should also do is put in a request for the strongest officials possible should we be playing them again next season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Warren Feeney & Darren Ferguson both received a fine and a 1 match touchline ban for using 'abusive language' toward match officials over the weekend.

Ainsworth will probably get away with it though because the referee wasn't on the receiving end of his aggression, instead it was our, much classier manager.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Whatever happens to Anusworth and Wycombe will happen to Derek and Argyle. The FA don't have the luxury of supporting the best club in England, Europe, the world and will just see aggression shown by both teams.

Oct 5, 2013
Why I’m not buying Beechdean Ice Cream

The chairman of Wycombe Wanderers F.C., Andrew Howard, is the chairman of Beechdean Ice Cream, third largest ice cream manufacturer in the UK. Unfortunately, I find that Mr Howard’s products tend to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, and I have therefore decided to boycott them until a new formula is introduced.

Jul 29, 2010
philevs":3b1i1c71 said:

The chairman of Wycombe Wanderers F.C., Andrew Howard, is the chairman of Beechdean Ice Cream, third largest ice cream manufacturer in the UK. Unfortunately, I find that Mr Howard’s products tend to leave a nasty taste in my mouth, and I have therefore decided to boycott them until a new formula is introduced.

Don't be such a sorebhey :wink:

Jan 28, 2010
X Isle":3bf0byyq said:
philevs":3bf0byyq said:

Don't be such a sorebhey :wink:

:funny: