Argyle Ifollow | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Ifollow

Mar 21, 2008
If it got better just after the game ended when people switched off and logged out it suggests it was just sheer volume of traffic whilst the game was on

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
plymouthboyuk":10r4zqgs said:
Warney,
Are you located in Dorset UK.
I thought you can only get commentary in the UK, but can get pictures If you lived abroad.

I'm "In Switzerland" some of the time ...

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
After 2 months of frustration, once I signed up I am happy with ifollow, I have watched 2 games so far Charlton and Southend, I opened up 2 screens one with the audio feed and the other with the video feed. The picture quality was OK for the Charlton game but the Southend feed was much better, maybe because the camera was much closer to the field I don't know, it would be nice if they have video replays.
Mark Smith's advice about stopping the video feed for the audio to catch up was good, but I learned that the audio/video feed is about a minute behind real time, as I was on the chat site yesterday and Posty was saying things like down 1-0 and yess we have scored, and these events would show about a minute later.
As far as I can tell the only difference from Argyle Player and ifollow is the video feed, so for the extra $120.00 approx. i'm happy, even though I can watch my Ottawa Fury's every game home and away with replays and commentary for FREE.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Ottawa Green":3fbzgn9n said:
After 2 months of frustration, once I signed up I am happy with ifollow, I have watched 2 games so far Charlton and Southend, I opened up 2 screens one with the audio feed and the other with the video feed. The picture quality was OK for the Charlton game but the Southend feed was much better, maybe because the camera was much closer to the field I don't know, it would be nice if they have video replays.
Mark Smith's advice about stopping the video feed for the audio to catch up was good, but I learned that the audio/video feed is about a minute behind real time, as I was on the chat site yesterday and Posty was saying things like down 1-0 and yess we have scored, and these events would show about a minute later.
As far as I can tell the only difference from Argyle Player and ifollow is the video feed, so for the extra $120.00 approx. i'm happy, even though I can watch my Ottawa Fury's every game home and away with replays and commentary for FREE.

OK, looks like it was just me then! Probably line contention even though I was getting a decent headline speed. I may try the next Tuesday night game to see if that's any better.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
warney":1e6v20m4 said:
Ottawa Green":1e6v20m4 said:

OK, looks like it was just me then! Probably line contention even though I was getting a decent headline speed. I may try the next Tuesday night game to see if that's any better.

Depends on the VPN speed in Switzerland :silent: :oops:

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Interestingly... I was in the UK yesterday and could watch the live feed (on 4G) with no need for any, ahem, technical jiggery-pokery. It seems that once signed up with a foreign address/credit card there is no IP checking.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
edengreen":1sl52gib said:
warney":1sl52gib said:
Ottawa Green":1sl52gib said:

Depends on the VPN speed in Switzerland :silent: :oops:

Every Little Alps! :coat:

Jun 4, 2016
warney":1lr31kr7 said:
Ottawa Green":1lr31kr7 said:

No the sound was all to cock on the delayed coverage today too

Jul 19, 2014
I found it very jerky, as in low frame rate or a dropped frame every 4 or 5 seconds this week. Same happened towards the end of the Charlton game last week. This was using Chrome browser on an i7 laptop HDMI'd to the TV, it should've been able to handle the stream no problem but the CPU fan was going mad! I'll have to try a different browser next time.

Apr 6, 2009
we are on holiday next month in mexico - the tues night game esp wil be in siesta time so was thinking of paying for this. any idea what sort of speed internet you need for this

Mar 21, 2008
For those of you that live in England but occasionally find yourselves in Switzerland or Germany etc do you manage to watch the games live with your UK ifollow subscription or have you had to pay for the £110 overseas option aswell?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Rob_GT4":3gfby6os said:
For those of you that live in England but occasionally find yourselves in Switzerland or Germany etc do you manage to watch the games live with your UK ifollow subscription or have you had to pay for the £110 overseas option aswell?

So far I've just done it on a single match basis but yes, I had to pay for it to watch the stream. The commentary worked OK under my UK subscription, though,

Mar 21, 2008
warney":3ne2xawj said:
Rob_GT4":3ne2xawj said:

So far I've just done it on a single match basis but yes, I had to pay for it to watch the stream. The commentary worked OK under my UK subscription, though,

Yea I was playing around at the weekend and figured that might be the case, thanks