Argyle Ifollow | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle Ifollow

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
I've got an HDMI upscaler which works for movies on my phone but notvtries it for this yet as only got it working on phone today it needs to be powered though to work using your phone's charger

Jun 10, 2015
Liverpool
Plymuffbey":em3sorw2 said:
Rob_GT4":em3sorw2 said:
For those of you that live in England but occasionally find yourselves in Switzerland or Germany etc do you manage to watch the games live with your UK ifollow subscription or have you had to pay for the £110 overseas option aswell?

I was on holiday in Canada the last fortnight and only pay the UK subscription (its just transferred my details over at the moment from the previous app though) and I managed to watch a live game without paying any extra. Much to my wife's delight

Did you have to do anything for this to work, or did it just automatically let you watch the games on iFollow while you were abroad?

Cheers! :scarf:

Aug 9, 2014
stephennandlal":6acgqo7r said:
Plymuffbey":6acgqo7r said:
Rob_GT4":6acgqo7r said:
For those of you that live in England but occasionally find yourselves in Switzerland or Germany etc do you manage to watch the games live with your UK ifollow subscription or have you had to pay for the £110 overseas option aswell?

I was on holiday in Canada the last fortnight and only pay the UK subscription (its just transferred my details over at the moment from the previous app though) and I managed to watch a live game without paying any extra. Much to my wife's delight

Did you have to do anything for this to work, or did it just automatically let you watch the games on iFollow while you were abroad?

Cheers! :scarf:

It did it automatically, once in Canada and then in Belgium a couple of weeks later. May have been a glitch but I wasn't complaining :)

CJH

Jun 26, 2015
Tauranga NZ
The IFollow App only allows the match to be shown on a mobile or pad and blocks any attempt to mirror it to a TV, my next attempt is to use a lightning/HDML cable when I can get hold of one as the last possible option. (Anybody had success with such a cable setup. ?)
Watching a live match at 0300Hrs in NZ on a mobile is not on, I have contacted the organizers but they always never answer the question.
If you go to the Argyle website and sign in to IFollow via the web you can click on Extended Highlights (10 minutes) and you can AIr Play/Mirror to a full-screen TV via an Apple TV set up.

CJH NZ

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I think it's a shame the club don't offer anything beyond first team matches on iFollows, its the standard pre match, highlights, post match each week.

The club and FL carried out surveys in the summer on the platform and asked if extra content would be appreciated, but there's no sign that it's on offer. A stream or highlights of tonights youth cup game example would be great. Or highlights of the central league matches. I'm confident that they're all filmed, so why not pass it onto the fans?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
CJH":3i1xvk10 said:
The IFollow App only allows the match to be shown on a mobile or pad and blocks any attempt to mirror it to a TV, my next attempt is to use a lightning/HDML cable when I can get hold of one as the last possible option. (Anybody had success with such a cable setup. ?)
Watching a live match at 0300Hrs in NZ on a mobile is not on, I have contacted the organizers but they always never answer the question.
If you go to the Argyle website and sign in to IFollow via the web you can click on Extended Highlights (10 minutes) and you can AIr Play/Mirror to a full-screen TV via an Apple TV set up.

CJH NZ

Why not just watch it on a desktop or laptop PC via the website? You could even plug it into your TV via HDMI if you want it on a bigger screen. Or don't you have a "conventional" PC?

Olaf

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🚑 Steve Hooper
Aug 2, 2016
I used the Opera Browser on my PC. If you don't have it, you can download it in minutes. I paid my £5.
I connected the PC to my TV with a HDMI Cable.
I opened 1 session to watch it and another session to get the Radio Commentary.
Worked really well (once I had them in sync!)

Jul 19, 2014
Can anyone tell me how long after a game the full match replay is available please?
I'm going to miss tonight's game and don't know how long I can keep away from the result! Ideally, I'd be able to watch it back as soon as I get home around 10pm, is this wishful thinking?

dellaclearing":by0oxisq said:
Can anyone tell me how long after a game the full match replay is available please?
I'm going to miss tonight's game and don't know how long I can keep away from the result! Ideally, I'd be able to watch it back as soon as I get home around 10pm, is this wishful thinking?

You mean 10pm the same day???? Yes, wishful thinking.

A couple of weeks back I emailed them 5 days later to ask when it was going to be put up. It was up an hour later. Totally pee poor rip-off that should never have been rolled out without being tested first.

I occasionally watch a match from Spain's Segunda B2 - same level as us. For my €5 I get live stream, instant replays, commentary with a pundit (albeit in Spanish), the score displayed just like in every other televised game in the history of televised games. What we get here is a stream with a fixed camera, no replays, no commentary (unless you manage to keep syncing, but that has to be handled from the same device), no replays, no score in the corner of the screen, yet everytime I mention this I'm told to be grateful.

:furious:

Apr 6, 2009
warney":1x1f39gt said:
CJH":1x1f39gt said:

CJH NZ

Why not just watch it on a desktop or laptop PC via the website? You could even plug it into your TV via HDMI if you want it on a bigger screen. Or don't you have a "conventional" PC?

If your turn vpn off once playing it'll probably work ;-) and still continue playing

Jul 26, 2006
I currently set my VPN to the USA but whenever i go in to the match centre it does not give me any option to watch the game live, last game i watched was Rovers away, ever since I cannot seem to get it working.

Any ideas???

Jul 19, 2014
Bermudian Green":2f79ywhs said:
dellaclearing":2f79ywhs said:

You mean 10pm the same day???? Yes, wishful thinking.

A couple of weeks back I emailed them 5 days later to ask when it was going to be put up. It was up an hour later. Totally pi$$ poor rip-off that should never have been rolled out without being tested first.

I occasionally watch a match from Spain's Segunda B2 - same level as us. For my €5 I get live stream, instant replays, commentary with a pundit (albeit in Spanish), the score displayed just like in every other televised game in the history of televised games. What we get here is a stream with a fixed camera, no replays, no commentary (unless you manage to keep syncing, but that has to be handled from the same device), no replays, no score in the corner of the screen, yet everytime I mention this I'm told to be grateful.

:furious:
Thanks for the info. It wasn't ready by the time I got home on Tuesday, but it was ready to watch Wednesday afternoon. I'd already managed to spoil the result by then anyway though!

The Android app has an option to not display the scores, so as long as you can navigate your way to the "results" page (which holds the links for replays) without taking notice of any post match articles which would give away the result then you can carry on oblivious.
The website, however, is pretty much impossible to navigate and keep the result a mystery. Even if you you somehow make it to the stream page, the timeline on the video itself shows you when any goals or bookings take place!

One way to improve for next season will be implementing a way for users to get to the iFollow/replays page on the website without having to browse past the "Derek's thoughts on Xth consecutive win/defeat/red card" articles. If you add the option to hide the scores and key moments from the video timeline on top of that they're on to a winner!

Then they'll just need to add a timer, scoreboard, same feed synchronised commentary and a few replays and job done!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
pafc_casual":290f8j56 said:
I currently set my VPN to the USA but whenever i go in to the match centre it does not give me any option to watch the game live, last game i watched was Rovers away, ever since I cannot seem to get it working.

Any ideas???

I think that if you log in to iFollow without the VPN then it'll cache something which blocks access even if you then activate VPN. I have two accounts set up - one with my UK based season subscription for commentary, and a separate account/login for when I can watch live streams "abroad" which I do on a match by match basis.

It's a rip off, and the club has no say in it. Today, I had the opportunity of watching it on the android in a bar with the wife and twins. It worked great for a few minutes, although no idea what the score was, and then it kicked me out and told me I needed to upgrade my account. I gave up.

I contacted them, no chat option on android, and they just told me to reinstall the app. There is no option to hide the score, and basically, if I didn't like what they offer, I can go swivel. I don't know what you're used to in the UK these days, but I get baseball, ice hockey, even spanish tier 3, for the same price, and it's a thousand times better than this bollocks.

I managed to get home without seeing the score and, you know the drill, hand all over the screen hiding important stuff, but no, there was no avoiding the result before getting to the full match replay.

I reiterate however, this is not the club, this is the EFL. Useless.

Seriously, this needs someone from PAFC to get involved, as it's making them look bad. I've lived away for 12 years, I miss Argyle like you wouldn't believe, but this service is so poo that I'm probably going to can it, get a refund, and follow the game on twitter or pasoti chat.