Bob Marley mug. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bob Marley mug.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
MikeN":3b1m4ntl said:
I was there, and was a special moment. I have no idea how much it lifted the players, but that's irrelevant really. It lifted that fans, and for that reason alone it was a truly memorable experience.

If we're singing it at every game, or trying to make it a club anthem, it will get very, very old, very, very quickly. You can't recreate spontaneity.

:iagree:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder whether Stoke City, Bristol Rovers, Liverpool and Crystal Palace fans though that way (just four examples).

Imagine it, one Scouser to another 'Walk on, walk on with..........................' Oh come 'ead lad, that's getting very old now like'.

Us elders are mostly saying it, let's just wait and see.

Certainly Oddball's accusation that it was just me is absurd as saying it will be our anthem or it won't be.

I'm hoping it will as I've always been jealous of teams that have 'songs' but time will tell.

:scarf:

M

MikeN

You'll Never Walk Alone has a connection to Liverpool's greatest manager and most successful period though. And from what I understand, Blowing Bubbles was foisted on West Ham fans in the kind of cynical marketing ploy that you could only get away in Ye Olde Dayes.

In my opinion bursting in Three Little Birds at every game is going to get old fast, because it's going to diminish how special the atmosphere was that night.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You lost me at 'his hair in dreadlocks' if I'm honest.

Reminds me of my first trip to Barbados, A Rasty came on the beach and asked me if I wanted something for sunburn, I asked him what he had, and he took out the biggest joint I had ever seen (up to then), 'How will that help' I asked naively, 'Smoke this puppy and you won't even care about sunstroke' was his reply.

stewthenoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
IJN":1bygtuaz said:
I was going to have a few of these made, for sale, but for the price I get them at I'd be charging £10.

Too steep I think, but thought you'd like to see what we almost had. :twisted:

I bought this one, the sample. So it's the only one ever. :lol:

So, back to the OP and the mug - any more to be made? I'd have one.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No Stew, not at the price I can get them at.

I'll give this one to Alan though, just to make up for the game he didn't want to attend. :scarf:

Sep 20, 2003
LG":4s148t53 said:
IJN":4s148t53 said:
No Stew, not at the price I can get them at.

I'll give this one to Alan though, just to make up for the game he didn't want to attend. :scarf:
:clap:
that would be most appropriate.
he'd enjoy his Horlicks in that. :whistle:

Or his bitter lemon.

May 22, 2006
spowell92":2a7phoqy said:
MikeN":2a7phoqy said:
I was there, and was a special moment. I have no idea how much it lifted the players, but that's irrelevant really. It lifted that fans, and for that reason alone it was a truly memorable experience.

If we're singing it at every game, or trying to make it a club anthem, it will get very, very old, very, very quickly. You can't recreate spontaneity.

:iagree:

Why was it being sung at the play off final? Not sure which supporters but at 0-0 after 38 minutes of a dour match, it seemed to be completely meaningless.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It was probably the Wycombe fans, just trying to re-live OUR moment!

We have the better fans they have the better team!