#Bottlers | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#Bottlers

Mar 14, 2009
oddball":dz508a8q said:
Well now the club has EIGHT directors maybe the playing budget will go up next season with their financial input,or are they here for the ride.Since January the season has gone downhill. How anyone can say this has been a good season is beyond me.Metal Green Mickey you are beyond me.

Hasn't been a bad season either....

If you look in the "contracts" thread you say our opinions are so deverse and we never agree on anything.

Yet in the same breath you say why Argyle have been bad this season. Things that l agree with you over and have been saying myself.

You say l'm beyond you, when you talk about my posts but aren't even accurate about what I say or believe.

The difference is my views have been both positive and negative because our season has had ups as well as downs.

If you can't give any credit to anything Argyle related this season then l glad l am beyond you because that is just pigheaded stubbornness.

If fact, by miracle if we do reach the playoff final I doubt you or you fellow thinking posters will want to go. I mean why would you want to go when you already know the result? Saves yourself a lot of heartache and money.

Feb 2, 2007
I'm hurting as much as anyone and angry with the slide away that we have seen and the performances at home since Wycombe have been horribly disappointing BUT....

I'm now looking forward to a day out at Wembley, first time taking the children and first time I will see Argyle win there having inexplicably missed Mauge's Darlington delight.

That's keeping me going, if we don't achieve that then I will partake in the inquest.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
MGM however you dress it up this season has been no better than last as things currently stand....we are in the play offs once again and have formidable opponents in Pompey....If we get through the play offs and get promoted then great....however the mood on here tonight is of what could have been,a lot of diasappointment especially after today's result the current team don't appear to be good enough....

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
If anything this season has been more disappointing that last. Purely because the squad is a better quality than last year.

Not over yet though I guess. I mean i'm completely writing off our chances, but you never know.

Mar 14, 2009
oddball":xw6n6m1n said:
MGM however you dress it up this season has been no better than last as things currently stand....we are in the play offs once again and have formidable opponents in Pompey....If we get through the play offs and get promoted then great....however the mood on here tonight is of what could have been,a lot of diasappointment when frankly after today's result the current team don't appear to be good enough....

Hasn't been better than last season?

So your sole judge is automatic promotion and that's it?

I take it you watched a number of games last year? It was dire. It's been nowhere near as bad having to watch Sherdian rely on playing a defensive 3ATB, which was more like a 5ATB, and Reid's goals to scrape a 7th place finish.

It's so one dimensional in terms of the thinking and outlook.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
MGM rewind to last August and look at the number of posts on here via PASOTI polls predicting we would go up as champions or auto promo at the very least. PASOTI was full of guys stating how much they had placed on promotion in betting terms etc etc...don't hear from them now though do you...gamblers only tell you about their winners not their losers and a fair few of tonight would have lost their money.The home performances this season have been dire,in fact I have lost count of the number of times the team has been booed off the pitch the performances have been that bad.Not to mention players arguing at the final whistle....Superluke v Reuben Reid...Wylde v Purrington....Tanner v McHugh...its not been a good season so far despite the away form...We have one last chance via the play offs ...

Mar 14, 2009
oddball":2j2hxun0 said:
MGM rewind to last August and look at the number of posts on here via PASOTI polls predicting we would go up as champions or auto promo at the very least. PASOTI was full of guys stating how much they had placed on promotion in betting terms etc etc...don't hear from them now though do you...gamblers only tell you about their winners not their losers and a fair few of tonight would have lost their money.The home performances this season have been dire,in fact I have lost count of the number of times the team has been booed off the pitch the performances have been that bad.Not to mention players arguing at the final whistle....Superluke v Reuben Reid...Wylde v Purrington....Tanner v McHugh...its not been a good season so far despite the away form...We have one last chance via the play offs ...

I had a bet on Argyle to finish top 3. I thought they were be 3rd. Convinced, even when we were top and clear.

Slowly, l thought the season would be decent if we finished in the playoffs even as we were competing for a top 3 finish. The reason is because that squad was winning games it was fortunate to win. We put ourselves in a false position. We are a decent team. After the top 3 or 4 clubs we are as good as anyone else.

As the season went on the frailties we saw defensively last season have haunted us in the last quarter of the season. Three quarters of that defence he inherited along with a keeper that for some reason has looked shaky in the past 6 months. They all had a year remaining on their contracts. He was therefore stuck with them. So what could he do? Make the most of what he had at his disposal.

Results have been poor. Yet if you thinking the home performances are on a par with last season then l question this. When Argyle went behind in games they were clueless. No chance of coming back. Even with playing one up top which wasn't working and a fragile defense at least you knew Argyle could score, and often did, to get themselves back in games. Under Sherdian that was zero chance. Imagine watching home games knowing this.

As for the players arguments. I agree that isn't good but actually may show fans they do care what happens out on the pitch.

Oct 31, 2015
I'm really surprised at the kick back this week :wtf:

For me our season ended last week and yes I mean ended. The pathetic showing in the first half last week and in fact our crap Home form since Wycombe is the reason we are where we are. I though ther would have been more rhetoric last week than this :coat:

After the Wimbledon, Exeter and last weekends game I was so angry :furious: For me that was the season over and another year of 4th division football. I have not even logged on here or listened to today's game as the anger is still inside and I know I wont go next week.

Someone (DA?) needs to sit down over the summer and figure out why we have had the worse run since we were at the bottom of league since January and it cant be blamed on the injuries. Heres to next August full of vigour and ready to go for another year in this crappy league.

These players seemed so much better than last years squad yet the points total don't bare that out so something is wrong!!!!!
We have no chance in the playoffs against Pompey or whoever finishes 4th out the 3 above us. Before anyone asks I am a huge fan and a season ticket holder, people who know me know I bleed green but I am gutted to how it has finished and for me I have had enough but will be back in August ready to go.

Knee jerk? No
Part timer? No
Angry? Oh you can bank on it!!!

Sep 6, 2006
rsp4":lwcy9hmq said:
I'm really surprised at the kick back this week :wtf:

For me our season ended last week and yes I mean ended. The pathetic showing in the first half last week and in fact our crap Home form since Wycombe is the reason we are where we are. I though ther would have been more rhetoric last week than this :coat:

After the Wimbledon, Exeter and last weekends game I was so angry :furious: For me that was the season over and another year of 4th division football. I have not even logged on here or listened to today's game as the anger is still inside and I know I wont go next week.

Someone (DA?) needs to sit down over the summer and figure out why we have had the worse run since we were at the bottom of league since January and it cant be blamed on the injuries. Heres to next August full of vigour and ready to go for another year in this crappy league.

These players seemed so much better than last years squad yet the points total don't bare that out so something is wrong!!!!!
We have no chance in the playoffs against Pompey or whoever finishes 4th out the 3 above us. Before anyone asks I am a huge fan and a season ticket holder, people who know me know I bleed green but I am gutted to how it has finished and for me I have had enough but will be back in August ready to go.

Knee jerk? No
Part timer? No
Angry? Oh you can bank on it!!!

This for me. Manager has to take much of the blame.

Sep 6, 2006
nick_PASTIE":1nj71gg8 said:
I'm hurting as much as anyone and angry with the slide away that we have seen and the performances at home since Wycombe have been horribly disappointing BUT....

I'm now looking forward to a day out at Wembley, first time taking the children and first time I will see Argyle win there having inexplicably missed Mauge's Darlington delight.

That's keeping me going, if we don't achieve that then I will partake in the inquest.

But realistically on current form its not likely to happen. That's not pessimism that is based on facts I.e current form. Concern is how much this season will affect the psyche of the fan base. I've seen it all before and even I started to believe at one point. Not for long though!

May 1, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":3bh42qbq said:
oddball":3bh42qbq said:

I had a bet on Argyle to finish top 3. I thought they were be 3rd. Convinced, even when we were top and clear.

Slowly, l thought the season would be decent if we finished in the playoffs even as we were competing for a top 3 finish. The reason is because that squad was winning games it was fortunate to win. We put ourselves in a false position. We are a decent team. After the top 3 or 4 clubs we are as good as anyone else.

As the season went on the frailties we saw defensively last season have haunted us in the last quarter of the season. Three quarters of that defence he inherited along with a keeper that for some reason has looked shaky in the past 6 months. They all had a year remaining on their contracts. He was therefore stuck with them. So what could he do? Make the most of what he had at his disposal.

Results have been poor. Yet if you thinking the home performances are on a par with last season then l question this. When Argyle went behind in games they were clueless. No chance of coming back. Even with playing one up top which wasn't working and a fragile defense at least you knew Argyle could score, and often did, to get themselves back in games. Under Sherdian that was zero chance. Imagine watching home games knowing this.

As for the players arguments. I agree that isn't good but actually may show fans they do care what happens out on the pitch.

Our home form is actually worse than last season if we are dealing in facts. That debacle against Wimbledon and Dagenham was as bad as anything in the last few years. Sheridan's teams couldn't come back but I'm not sure he would have presided over the farce that was Dagenham at home, that was worse than Wycombe last year in the playoffs.

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":2n3fmv7j said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2n3fmv7j said:
oddball":2n3fmv7j said:

Our home form is actually worse than last season if we are dealing in facts. That debacle against Wimbledon and Dagenham was as bad as anything in the last few years.

Results or performances? If your telling me the performances are worse this season at home than last season then l can't agree after witnessing all home games last season and this. I remember under Sherdian we played Exeter at home in our first league game. A 3-0 win. After that, the performances just got worse and worse. Do you remember the lack of substitions or the lack of any tactical switches under Sherdian at home? DA has got it wrong badly at times but at least he has changed things in games that had an impact in some of those. Sherdian would just sit there.....expressionless look on his face.

You can't even give DA credit for this.

Got help any other manager. As it will be exactly the same even in their first year. Deliver what l expect as a fan or l will just label you as shi*.

May 1, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":1plmb98v said:
Bristol Rich":1plmb98v said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1plmb98v said:
oddball":1plmb98v said:

Our home form is actually worse than last season if we are dealing in facts. That debacle against Wimbledon and Dagenham was as bad as anything in the last few years.

Results or performances? If your telling me the performances are worse this season at home than last season then l can't agree after witnessing all home games last season and this. I remember under Sherdian we played Exeter at home in our first league game. A 3-0 win. After that, the performances just got worse and worse. Do you remember the lack of substitions or the lack of any tactical switches under Sherdian at home? DA has got it wrong badly at times but at least he has changed things in games that had an impact in some of those. Sherdian would just sit there.....expressionless look on his face.

Got help any other manager. As it will be exactly the same even in their first year. Deliver what l expect as a fan or l will just label you as shi*.

Not one supporter on here has labelled Adams as poo in anything I have read. What we are saying is we don't think it's massively better than last year and worrying our form since Christmas is that of a lower mid table team. I'm not calling for Adams to be sacked either but I am saying he is not the genius he was made out to be. 'Scottish Mourinhoe' for example.

Mar 14, 2009
Bristol Rich":2olcbv5g said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2olcbv5g said:
Bristol Rich":2olcbv5g said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2olcbv5g said:
oddball":2olcbv5g said:

Not one supporter on here has labelled Adams as poo in anything I have read. What we are saying is we don't think it's massively better than last year and worrying our form since Christmas is that of a lower mid table team. I'm not calling for Adams to be sacked either but I am saying he is not the genius he was made out to be. 'Scottish Mourinhoe' for example.

Well a number of you have not got one positive thing to say about DA.

A number of you are saying there is no improvement on last season.

A number of you are not even saying we have had a decent season.

So given that and the fact a lot of you have pointed out how poor Adams has been in 2nd half of the season there isn't much wiggle room left to even call him average it seems.

Sep 6, 2006
Ok Adams has been fantastic in leading us from the top of the table to 6th in the space of a few weeks. That make you feel better now. I thought he was particularly inspired in sending out a team to go 3. 0 down against the worst side in the country and play only 1 striker. Wish I had thought of that. Certainly original. I fear he has another season. I really hope he learns but am not convinced. Otherwise it will be yet another season wasted.