#Bottlers | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

#Bottlers

May 1, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":wsy4agj6 said:
Bristol Rich":wsy4agj6 said:
Bristol Rich":wsy4agj6 said:
oddball":wsy4agj6 said:
MGM rewind to last August and look at the number of posts on here via PASOTI polls predicting we would go up as champions or auto promo at the very least. PASOTI was full of guys stating how much they had placed on promotion in betting terms etc etc...don't hear from them now though do you...gamblers only tell you about their winners not their losers and a fair few of tonight would have lost their money.The home performances this season have been dire,in fact I have lost count of the number of times the team has been booed off the pitch the performances have been that bad.Not to mention players arguing at the final whistle....Superluke v Reuben Reid...Wylde v Purrington....Tanner v McHugh...its not been a good season so far despite the away form...We have one last chance via the play offs ...

I had a bet on Argyle to finish top 3. I thought they were be 3rd. Convinced, even when we were top and clear.

Slowly, l thought the season would be decent if we finished in the playoffs even as we were competing for a top 3 finish. The reason is because that squad was winning games it was fortunate to win. We put ourselves in a false position. We are a decent team. After the top 3 or 4 clubs we are as good as anyone else.

As the season went on the frailties we saw defensively last season have haunted us in the last quarter of the season. Three quarters of that defence he inherited along with a keeper that for some reason has looked shaky in the past 6 months. They all had a year remaining on their contracts. He was therefore stuck with them. So what could he do? Make the most of what he had at his disposal.

Results have been poor. Yet if you thinking the home performances are on a par with last season then l question this. When Argyle went behind in games they were clueless. No chance of coming back. Even with playing one up top which wasn't working and a fragile defense at least you knew Argyle could score, and often did, to get themselves back in games. Under Sherdian that was zero chance. Imagine watching home games knowing this.

As for the players arguments. I agree that isn't good but actually may show fans they do care what happens out on the pitch.

Our home form is actually worse than last season if we are dealing in facts. That debacle against Wimbledon and Dagenham was as bad as anything in the last few years.

Results or performances? If your telling me the performances are worse this season at home than last season then l can't agree after witnessing all home games last season and this. I remember under Sherdian we played Exeter at home in our first league game. A 3-0 win. After that, the performances just got worse and worse. Do you remember the lack of substitions or the lack of any tactical switches under Sherdian at home? DA has got it wrong badly at times but at least he has changed things in games that had an impact in some of those. Sherdian would just sit there.....expressionless look on his face.

You can't even give DA credit for this.

Got help any other manager. As it will be exactly the same even in their first year. Deliver what l expect as a fan or l will just label you as shi*.

Not one supporter on here has labelled Adams as poo in anything I have read. What we are saying is we don't think it's massively better than last year and worrying our form since Christmas is that of a lower mid table team. I'm not calling for Adams to be sacked either but I am saying he is not the genius he was made out to be. 'Scottish Mourinhoe' for example.

Well a number of you have not got one positive thing to say about DA.

A number of you are saying there is no improvement on last season.

A number of you are not even saying we have had a decent season.

So given that and the fact a lot of you have pointed out how poor Adams has been in 2nd half of the season there isn't much wiggle room left to even call him average it seems.

Well I don't think we think it has been a decent season, it was a decent 3 months. That's the difference and all in a lot us don't think it's much better than last year.

Given our form since Christmas are you really surprised supporters are negative, until Christmas everything was positive but with the rapid decline in form then obviously enthusiasm has gone through the floor.

Sep 28, 2003
London
As far as I'm concerned you can shove this patronising rubbish where the sun doesn't shine.

People are quite right to be angry at the way this has panned out.

You are not a super supporter, morally right because you're OK with mediocrity. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that your kind of attitude is the reason we're a nothing club in a mediocre city.

May 8, 2011
Portsmouth form isn't too brilliant, especially at home and recently after we beat them the night we were winning at Orient they were losing at York. Both teams are inconsistent that's why we in the playoffs.
I suspect they and their manager are under much more pressure than we are.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
It always looked like we were going to play Pompey in the play offs from weeks ago.In fact I'm glad we are playing Pompey now rather than at Wembley when I feared Argyle would have bottled it completely

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Andy Holland":bkd39kfr said:
I'd go so far as to say that your kind of attitude is the reason we're a nothing club in a mediocre city.

:yawn:

Jesus Christ, another holier than thou "I left Plymouth because..........."

Give it a rest FFS.

May 1, 2011
IJN":px4imiwh said:
Andy Holland":px4imiwh said:
I'd go so far as to say that your kind of attitude is the reason we're a nothing club in a mediocre city.

:yawn:

Jesus Christ, another holier than thou "I left Plymouth because..........."

Give it a rest FFS.

Yeah please give it a rest pointing out awkward truths that we all want to pretend don't exist.. .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yada yada yada.

I'm always happy that people who don't want to live in Plymouth bugger off, but this burning need to slag off the city us Plymothians have decided to live in, gets on my nads.

I love living in a City where ATM's aren't blown up on a regular basis. You obviously love Bristol, good for you.

Sep 6, 2006
Yes I would find an atm blown up at the end of my street every day in London. Its not that we don't like Plymouth but it could be better and apathy/acceptance of mediocrity doesn't help.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
I love living in Plymouth, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I didn't even grow up here, I grew up outside London with a Plymothian mother. I chose to move here and don't regret it for a second.

That said, I'm yet to experience anywhere else where mediocrity and apathy are accepted so much as standard. Closed airport. Poor rail links. Lower than average wage and a relative lack of major employers. Even a substandard shopping centre. And blaming geographical location just doesn't cut it for me. I do a lot of work in Inverness, another good-sized city that's 3.5 hours away from a capital city by rail, and linked to the rest of the country by a ropey dual carriageway. But they don't seem to have any of the problems Plymouth has. That includes having a football team that can compete nationally (two, if you accept that Dingwall is effectively a suburb).

I can only conclude there's a serious issue with mindset in plymouth. I'm certainly constantly taken aback at the way some of our fans have meekly accepted this season's collapse.

Jan 3, 2013
I've heard of plastic fans, but detest plastic janners. I'm with you on this one IJN, gets right up my back when people move away, post negative comments about MY city, then tell everybody that they're Janners.

If you hate our city so much , don't bother to comment, if you think our club is mediocre, go and follow Shrek, Man Ure, Chelski etc oh, and renew your sky subscription.

You're not fit to be called Plymothian or Janner

Sep 6, 2006
Knarf Reprah":b831336k said:
I've heard of plastic fans, but detest plastic janners. I'm with you on this one IJN, gets right up my back when people move away, post negative comments about MY city, then tell everybody that they're Janners.

If you hate our city so much , don't bother to comment, if you think our club is mediocre, go and follow Shrek, Man Ure, Chelski etc oh, and renew your sky subscription.

You have just perfectly summed up what I and a couple of others were referring to. Small town mentality and unwilling to consider any faults. Have you ever been outside Devon out of curiosity?

Jan 3, 2013
Balham_Green":5tvrqajs said:
Knarf Reprah":5tvrqajs said:

You have just perfectly summed up what I and a couple of others were referring to. Small town mentality and unwilling to consider any faults. Have you ever been outside Devon out of curiosity?

And this sums up northern attitudes, because of my job I've probably travelled far further on expenses than you can dream of. Every time I see a comment posted in your name I know it's going to be derogatory, whining or controversial. Grow up, go away and enjoy your grim northern sh1thole

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Bit of a narrow minded and parochial attitude Frank and a bit OTT. Understand where you are coming from but the only person using words like hate and detest are you. I am not a Plymothian being Cornish but having moved away from the area many years ago can see certain things when I go back or from afar that show the city as "backward" for want of a better world such as the road links, rail links, lack of airport, a pretty crummy city centre both architecturally due to hasty rebuilding after the war and shopping wise, never having a top flight or even established second tier football club. I see the decay of Home Park over the years as just another example. On the other hand I see many things that a Plymothian should be proud of such as the Barbican, The Hoe, the regeneration of William Yard, The Life Centre and so on. I certainly don't hate the city, I just find it a little sad that it seems to have fallen behind other cities of similar size and especially Exeter in many ways. Remember too that barely half, if that of Argyle fans are true Janners anyway. Surely we are all entitled to comment whether we are Plymouth lovers or otherwise. Sometimes it's only through moving away that you see things a bit differently. That doesn't apply to Plymouth alone but people from towns and cities all over the country. I was born in a small town of a couple of thousand people and for 17 years it was the centre of the universe to me before I move away to other parts of Cornwall and then away from the area completely. I still have old school friends who at 60 years of age have never left the town and they are more than happy with the decision they made. Live and let live without it all getting so personal.
PS. And having read your replies to BG(a poster I find much as you say FWIW) I think perhaps you should take a look in the mirror before handing out such insults.