Bradley?? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Bradley??

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Let's not be naive here. Holding happens at both ends of the pitch. Edwards did exactly the same in the first half during a corner or free kick. Unlike Bradley, when a goal kick was given, their player spoke with the referee, rather than taking the law into his own hands.

What's more, these instances are usually 50/50. Sonny wasn't an innocent party. There never is one. They were both holding onto one another. And as said, this happened at both ends of the pitch. We're not being hard done by.

If referees were to clamp down on this sort of thing you'd see countless penalties every game. Some might say that would stop it, but the powers that be are never going to advocate four or five penalties and/or red cards. I believe they tried it in the first weeks of a Premier League season one year only for a complete lack of consistency. At least this way, the defenders of both teams tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
SwimWithTheTide":1tvfy02s said:
I think once Oscar is back fit and Bradley has served his suspension a back three may be the answer. Edwards and Bradley are decent in their own right, but it's true that they're not the most mobile of pairs. Oh for Curtis Nelson to be pairing with either of them.

Miller can't play a wingback role, but Oscar is athletic enough for it. Sawyer at left wingback would be more needs must than anything, but I feel he'd pull it off. It's just a shame that it seems we need to go 5 at the back to actually get going again considering we recruited so many wingers. Although we're not using them now anyway.

If we needed a right WB could Jervis do a job (when fit obviously). Has a great engine, always happy to put in a defensive shift and good going forward?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":1yg0eube said:
I've not been the greatest fan of Songo'o so far for us, but he seems preferred to Sokolik with Adams. Hopefully he proves myself and others wrong and shows that he can cut it at this level with us in a preferred CB role.
From CE in the Herald match ratings:

Star Man: Yann Songo'o - Absolutely outstanding. When a cross needed to be cut out or a shot blocked he put his body on the line.

Well done Yann.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Adam_R":3nis9iw9 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3nis9iw9 said:
I think once Oscar is back fit and Bradley has served his suspension a back three may be the answer. Edwards and Bradley are decent in their own right, but it's true that they're not the most mobile of pairs. Oh for Curtis Nelson to be pairing with either of them.

Miller can't play a wingback role, but Oscar is athletic enough for it. Sawyer at left wingback would be more needs must than anything, but I feel he'd pull it off. It's just a shame that it seems we need to go 5 at the back to actually get going again considering we recruited so many wingers. Although we're not using them now anyway.

If we needed a right WB could Jervis do a job (when fit obviously). Has a great engine, always happy to put in a defensive shift and good going forward?

In my opinion no, I don't think it would work. Oscar for me is the only player who could legitimately play as a wing back. JJ has great work rate and athleticism, but defensively he's just not aware enough. At Walsall for example, for their opening goal he was drawn in too central and their LWB Leah (?) had all the time in the world to put a cross in.

We saw all too often with Sheridan in charge how the 5-3-2 (because we were always flat 5 and would be if Adams used it also) really depended upon the right combination of wingbacks. He tinkered with those positions so often, I think we had Berry, Mellor, Blackman, Holmes-Dennis, Kellett, Guirreiri (spelling), Hourihane, Purrington all tried in those wide positions during his time. Few were successful and held down the role for long. It had people calling for his head on here, described as stubborn, negative and dour for sticking with a formation without actual wingers. Fans were demanding a back four.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Keepitgreen":sz0rb0bq said:
SwimWithTheTide":sz0rb0bq said:
I've not been the greatest fan of Songo'o so far for us, but he seems preferred to Sokolik with Adams. Hopefully he proves myself and others wrong and shows that he can cut it at this level with us in a preferred CB role.
From CE in the Herald match ratings:

Star Man: Yann Songo'o - Absolutely outstanding. When a cross needed to be cut out or a shot blocked he put his body on the line.

Well done Yann.

Sounded phenomenal last night. Good on him, definitely a centre back and not a midfielder