'Brent' badges? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Baby Face Johnson":25ck37ne said:
Not a great way of going about ending the online vitriol, poking them with a stick, is it chaps :doh:

My my a turn the other cheek advocate are we BFJ?

I said absolutely zero for almost 12 months and still they continue their campaign.

A couple of games ago, two of the freaks reported me to PAFC for 'racist' remarks I had made. As I don't read either Lloyd's site or ADHD, I asked a pal of mine to see what it was about. It didn't take long.

One of the posts they were referring to was bought up by Gideon (still makes me chuckle) Baker on ADHD who pulled something from 1997, yep I'll say it again, 1997, where I referred to Scotsman as 'caber tossing Celt' etc etc. Way OTT and purely a mickey take on someone who was bigoted as that!! So not only are they wrong, they have to trawl back that far in an attempt to stir more crap against me.

So, now and again, I will poke them, as it also amuses me now and again. The fact that they do it 24/7, 365 days of a year, and when I do it twice maybe three times a year, they go into orbit, amuses me even more. :lol:

So me old mate, I'm not interested in any attempt to 'end the online vitriol' as that will never ever happen, because part of the illness they are suffering is that they have t repeat, repeat and repeat everything time and time again.

However, it is interminably boring for normal people on this site who simply don't want to get involved and I get that, so that will be an end to it now for another 6 months.

But just for the freaks and weirdoes (you know who you are). Here's a :wave: for you.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":2hwo3hcg said:
Baby Face Johnson":2hwo3hcg said:
Not a great way of going about ending the online vitriol, poking them with a stick, is it chaps :doh:

I said absolutely zero for almost 12 months and still they continue their campaign.

A couple of games ago, two of the freaks reported me to PAFC for 'racist' remarks I had made. As I don't read either Lloyd's site or ADHD, I asked a pal of mine to see what it was about. It didn't take long.

One of the posts they were referring to was bought up by Gideon (still makes me chuckle) Baker on ADHD who pulled something from 1997, yep I'll say it again, 1997, where I referred to Scotsman as 'caber tossing Celt' etc etc. Way OTT and purely a mickey take on someone who was bigoted as that!! So not only are they wrong, they have to trawl back that far in an attempt to stir more crap against me.

So, now and again, I will poke them, as it also amuses me now and again. The fact that they do it 24/7, 365 days of a year, and when I do it twice maybe three times a year, they go into orbit, amuses me even more. :lol:

So me old mate, I'm not interested in any attempt to 'end the online vitriol' as that will never ever happen, because part of the illness they are suffering is that they have t repeat, repeat and repeat everything time and time again.

However, it is interminably boring for normal people on this site who simply don't want to get involved and I get that, so that will be an end to it now for another 6 months.

But just for the freaks and weirdoes (you know who you are). Here's a :wave: for you.

Ian; mine was a simple suggestion that in light of James Brent's comments at the weekend, it is probably not the best idea for *anybody to immediately start antagonising another faction. That's just common sense isn't it?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Baby Face Johnson":h9u0zg2d said:
IJN":h9u0zg2d said:
Baby Face Johnson":h9u0zg2d said:

Ian; mine was a simple suggestion that in light of James Brent's comments at the weekend, it is probably not the best idea for *anybody to immediately start antagonising another faction. That's just common sense isn't it?

I suppose that's easy to say when you're not on the other end of it.

B

Baby Face Johnson

monkeywrench":3q4nnujh said:
Baby Face Johnson":3q4nnujh said:
IJN":3q4nnujh said:
Baby Face Johnson":3q4nnujh said:

I suppose that's easy to say when you're not on the other end of it.

Yep; that's fair comment but the very last thing someone who is trolling wants is no reaction at all. I've had my say, now I'll butt out.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Since I Was 33":9cv49ndo said:
Find it beyond belief that someone is actually making these badges. Plain ridiculous.
It seems that only one was made and sent to IJN who passed it to JB who wore it as a joke.
I wish I didn't start this topic now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think you're being naive GA. It was very much a 'we know where you live' message.

Think about it, why/how would he know my address? I certainly have no need or desire to know his.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Baby Face Johnson":39qpj68n said:

Probably BFJ but when you are the receiving end of their stupidity it's easier said than done.

Plus of course, as trolling is topical, I thought I'd let some people know what they get up to.

Imagine the uproar if I had found our one of their addresses and sent something to them? Christ it would be reported to the police, I'm sure.

Feb 15, 2005
Nothing wrong with the badge if that is what the person thinks in a fair and free society. However knowing your address is significantly threatening in light of a campaign against you, the old bill should be notified.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If it wasn't football it would be something else.

I heard the other day that a Land Rover forum was just as bad. :crazy:

The internet is a tool for good but its also good for tools (I've just made that up, and I like it :greensmile: ).

Nov 16, 2008
United Kingdom
I expect I'm typical of most PASOTI members and Argyle fans generally in the fact that I haven't a clue what this animosity between fellow fans is all about, but it's been going on longer than the first world war. I'm an exile and know none of the protagonists. I did read ATD for the first time the other week and was taken aback by the level of vitriol and naked hatred expressed.

I always chat with fellow fans on the train down to matches, a surprisingly large amount read Pasoti. Several have said to me that they wont post on 'political' threads as they have no wish to wind up in a sh*tstorm of crossfire between warring parties. I know it's easy to say 'just man up' but some folk just don't want the aggravation. For me this is sad because the more viewpoints expressed the better.

I don't know if this schism between two small groups is football related or personal, I don't even know if it's relevant. What is relevant is that we all support Argyle. That should bring us together, regardless of our views on politics, pasties or whether bitter is better than lager (bitter is obviously best). I just hope that at some point people will move on and we can do what we do best, cheer on Argyle.

N.B. I realise this wont make a blind bit of difference but I just needed to get it off my chest!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Kilgore Trout":2524yutz said:
I expect I'm typical of most PASOTI members and Argyle fans generally in the fact that I haven't a clue what this animosity between fellow fans is all about, but it's been going on longer than the first world war. I'm an exile and know none of the protagonists. I did read ATD for the first time the other week and was taken aback by the level of vitriol and naked hatred expressed.

I always chat with fellow fans on the train down to matches, a surprisingly large amount read Pasoti. Several have said to me that they wont post on 'political' threads as they have no wish to wind up in a sh*tstorm of crossfire between warring parties. I know it's easy to say 'just man up' but some folk just don't want the aggravation. For me this is sad because the more viewpoints expressed the better.

I don't know if this schism between two small groups is football related or personal, I don't even know if it's relevant. What is relevant is that we all support Argyle. That should bring us together, regardless of our views on politics, pasties or whether bitter is better than lager (bitter is obviously best). I just hope that at some point people will move on and we can do what we do best, cheer on Argyle.

N.B. I realise this wont make a blind bit of difference but I just needed to get it off my chest!
Great post and bang on as well.