'Brent' badges? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

P

Positively Green

Steve.PAFC2012":16f5v8p2 said:
Kilgore Trout":16f5v8p2 said:
I expect I'm typical of most PASOTI members and Argyle fans generally in the fact that I haven't a clue what this animosity between fellow fans is all about, but it's been going on longer than the first world war. I'm an exile and know none of the protagonists. I did read ATD for the first time the other week and was taken aback by the level of vitriol and naked hatred expressed.

I always chat with fellow fans on the train down to matches, a surprisingly large amount read Pasoti. Several have said to me that they wont post on 'political' threads as they have no wish to wind up in a sh*tstorm of crossfire between warring parties. I know it's easy to say 'just man up' but some folk just don't want the aggravation. For me this is sad because the more viewpoints expressed the better.

I don't know if this schism between two small groups is football related or personal, I don't even know if it's relevant. What is relevant is that we all support Argyle. That should bring us together, regardless of our views on politics, pasties or whether bitter is better than lager (bitter is obviously best). I just hope that at some point people will move on and we can do what we do best, cheer on Argyle.

N.B. I realise this wont make a blind bit of difference but I just needed to get it off my chest!
Great post and bang on as well.

Hear Hear!

:scarf:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Kilgore Trout":2k5pg5gd said:
I expect I'm typical of most PASOTI members and Argyle fans generally in the fact that I haven't a clue what this animosity between fellow fans is all about, but it's been going on longer than the first world war. I'm an exile and know none of the protagonists. I did read ATD for the first time the other week and was taken aback by the level of vitriol and naked hatred expressed.

I always chat with fellow fans on the train down to matches, a surprisingly large amount read Pasoti. Several have said to me that they wont post on 'political' threads as they have no wish to wind up in a sh*tstorm of crossfire between warring parties. I know it's easy to say 'just man up' but some folk just don't want the aggravation. For me this is sad because the more viewpoints expressed the better.

I don't know if this schism between two small groups is football related or personal, I don't even know if it's relevant. What is relevant is that we all support Argyle. That should bring us together, regardless of our views on politics, pasties or whether bitter is better than lager (bitter is obviously best). I just hope that at some point people will move on and we can do what we do best, cheer on Argyle.

N.B. I realise this wont make a blind bit of difference but I just needed to get it off my chest!

Spot on the prat who started this post was to cause conflict a pensioner acting like a child.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Kilgore Trout":1a857ws8 said:

A very rational comment--unfortunately some of the people IJN has had to deal with strike me as a bit----unwell?

Jan 3, 2013
Old Gunner":lhot5z3l said:
Kilgore Trout":lhot5z3l said:

A very rational comment--unfortunately some of the people IJN has had to deal with strike me as a bit----unwell?

Spot on, plus they only accept their view as correct!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Kilgore Trout":3bpeuunj said:
I expect I'm typical of most PASOTI members and Argyle fans generally in the fact that I haven't a clue what this animosity between fellow fans is all about, but it's been going on longer than the first world war.

Sorry to cut your excellent post down Killgore but I wanted to pick on the above point for that's alright.

I have been moderating this site since 2012 and in all that time there has always been seriously depraved section of our fanbase repeating the same hateful and downright vulgar crap throughoutall that time. Thing is that's just my "lifetime" as a mod, it started before I signed up and sadly looks like continuing for the foreseeable. That's collective bullying though for you though, once it's the done thing to go home and post nastiness on the web that's it they'll egg each other on and on and on.

There is no justification for it, excuse them at your peril because no "crime" anyone is purported to have committed is surely worth it. I'm sure mass murderers get better Internet treatment than those unfortunate enough to have crossed these saddos.

The worst part is there is no end; the length of World War 1 and still the hate continues, for long periods it remains one way, very rarely does it creep onto this site so you'd think they'd get bored but they don't. So as easy as it is to say "ignore it, don't fan the flames" when it's your name on the line, your good character being questioned, your sanity tested and your letter box troubled by "I know where you live" threats then you can tell people not to fan flames, 4+ years of 24/7 hate as a trade-off for one thread of informing people exactly what these monsters are like, it's hsrdly going to make things any worse.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Some cracking posts on this thread. Well said both Kilgore and Ollie.

That's it now for another 6 months or so, I've had my little drip.

Suffice to say this site is simply the best Argyle forum and whilst others may allow if not create hatred, this one won't.

Football is the main aim of this site in general and PAFC in particular.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
IJN":3reowaod said:
Some cracking posts on this thread. Well said both Kilgore and Ollie.

That's it now for another 6 months or so, I've had my little drip.

Suffice to say this site is simply the best Argyle forum and whilst others may allow if not create hatred, this one won't.

Football is the main aim of this site in general and PAFC in particular.

:clap:

Jan 4, 2016
Hi,

As a lifelong Argyle supporter, longterm PASOTI guest user and relatively new contributor I would just like to say how much I believe this forum has enhanced my connection with the club. Part of my daily routine is to log on to PASOTI and catch up with events. Fortunately this site and the BBC are the only sources of information I use so I am not heavily exposed to the vitriol and childish abuse that others mention.

I would therefore just like to express my thanks to all those people who do such a magnificent job running and moderating the site.

What I don't know and don't recall ever seeing is how it is possible to contribute to the running costs of the site. Can someone please advise? N.B. I do not consider myself to be tech savvy i.e. I would prefer to send a cheque!

Thanks

Oct 12, 2015
IJN":2mci0say said:
If it wasn't football it would be something else.

I heard the other day that a Land Rover forum was just as bad. :crazy:

The internet is a tool for good but its also good for tools (I've just made that up, and I like it :greensmile: ).

Logged. Stolen. Going to be used. Possibly even today ;)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
HertsPilgrim":1t6al7kg said:
IJN":1t6al7kg said:
If it wasn't football it would be something else.

I heard the other day that a Land Rover forum was just as bad.

The internet is a tool for good but its also good for tools (I've just made that up, and I like it ).

Logged. Stolen. Going to be used. Possibly even today ;)

So that's why his nickname is Ian Tool. :doh: :coat:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
greenSE1":s8ztojg5 said:
Hi,

As a lifelong Argyle supporter, longterm PASOTI guest user and relatively new contributor I would just like to say how much I believe this forum has enhanced my connection with the club. Part of my daily routine is to log on to PASOTI and catch up with events. Fortunately this site and the BBC are the only sources of information I use so I am not heavily exposed to the vitriol and childish abuse that others mention.

I would therefore just like to express my thanks to all those people who do such a magnificent job running and moderating the site.

What I don't know and don't recall ever seeing is how it is possible to contribute to the running costs of the site. Can someone please advise? N.B. I do not consider myself to be tech savvy i.e. I would prefer to send a cheque!

Thanks

Thank you very much for your offer.

The running of the site is paid for by our wonderful advertisers. So that's all taken care of.

However, this site is dedicated to the raising of funds for The Argyle Academy, so if you would like to show your appreciation by making a donation, please PM me and I will make that happen.

Don't worry about sending a cheque, any form (or size) of payment is always gratefully received. I'd also make the point that the money gets transferred straight into their bank account, no middle men, no 'expenses' simply straight into the wallet of the Academy where it can do most good.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Ian

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Mark Pedlar":278qzcge said:
There is a possible side line though there Ian. PASOTI pin badge - £10 to the academy....

I already have one dating back to the mid 1990s, along with an original PASOTI car sticker.