'Brent' badges? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
IJN, I'm sorry to read that the ATD freakshow has taken it to the next level. The 'I know where you live' and sending threats through the post is pure cowardice.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
TBH Mr Ghost, I'm not that fussed, I don't read their bile on there and I've blocked the even worse Lloyd FB page. It simply water off a ducks back now, I'm used to it.

I am going to go legal on one of them though, I've had enough of his trolling and I simply have to time it right, which of course I will.

It's a sad reflection on society that these mouth breathers are listened to and believed, but as I say, that's what happens these days.

What does hurt me is the fact that Lloyd allows personal and nasty attacks on people like Sue Pollard (using photographs) and that is allowed to go unchecked. Now that is cowardice by both the page 'owner' and the freak who posted such stuff.

It makes my blood boil, but as I say, it's all done under this ludicrous banner of 'free speech'.

My own personal opinion is that the 'owner' opened the page to make himself feel more important than he is, probably with a mind to talk with like minded people (which is fair enough) and then when the freaks and weirdos came on, realised that the notoriety of the page would then attract even more readers.

Each to their own, and as I say again, people are welcome on this site as long as they abide by our site rules, that does not include using photos of women's arses, accusing someone of looking like a 'kiddy fiddler' or abusing great people like Sue Pollard.

Anyhow this site is about football, and whilst this thread has done a typical PASOTI trick of meandering around the OP (I feel sorry for Dave Nine) it has at least given people a chance to talk about such subjects rather than be swept under the carpet like some would want.

It also gives a chance for me to say to people 'read what you want, believe what you want' - There's nothing I can do about the perception these obsessive freaks have built up around me, but again, people can make up there own mind.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":21nauy16 said:
TBH Mr Ghost, I'm not that fussed, I don't read their bile on there and I've blocked the even worse Lloyd FB page. It simply water off a ducks back now, I'm used to it.

I am going to go legal on one of them though, I've had enough of his trolling and I simply have to time it right, which of course I will.

It's a sad reflection on society that these mouth breathers are listened to and believed, but as I say, that's what happens these days.

What does hurt me is the fact that Lloyd allows personal and nasty attacks on people like Sue Pollard (using photographs) and that is allowed to go unchecked. Now that is cowardice by both the page 'owner' and the freak who posted such stuff.

It makes my blood boil, but as I say, it's all done under this ludicrous banner of 'free speech'.

My own personal opinion is that the 'owner' opened the page to make himself feel more important than he is, probably with a mind to talk with like minded people (which is fair enough) and then when the freaks and weirdos came on, realised that the notoriety of the page would then attract even more readers.

Each to their own, and as I say again, people are welcome on this site as long as they abide by our site rules, that does not include using photos of women's arses, accusing someone of looking like a 'kiddy fiddler' or abusing great people like Sue Pollard.

Anyhow this site is about football, and whilst this thread has done a typical PASOTI trick of meandering around the OP (I feel sorry for Dave Nine) it has at least given people a chance to talk about such subjects rather than be swept under the carpet like some would want.

It also gives a chance for me to say to people 'read what you want, believe what you want' - There's nothing I can do about the perception these obsessive freaks have built up around me, but again, people can make up there own mind.

Well said.

And to add to that - a while ago there was a personal insult on John Lloyd's Facebook page about me, I contacted him using a Pasoti Private Message politely asking him to remove the comment. He refused and published the contents of my Private Message onto his Facebook page without my permission.

When an owner of a football club publicly speaks out about this "unmoderated" Facebook page and the damage it's doing to the club you know it's serious and yet it continues.

Oct 24, 2010
Knibbsworth":mak41pm8 said:
I have no particular affiliation to Pasoti. I only post here because it's a good forum.

I used to go on Freechat, but then stopped, and I have read ATD with an open mind to creating account but can't bring myself to bother. The good posts and discussions are getting fewer and further between as the levels of crap from the tinfoil hat brigade dominate everything.

The handful of blokes who do this. You need to realise not everyone agrees with you. No-one looks forward to the same old paranoid ramblings on a daily basis. For some reason you hate and ridicule Brent, you hate Pasoti, however not every one does. If anyone takes an alternate view on these forums, they get bullied and mocked by the same old group of hyenas. It is just 10 bullies, talking to each other every single day on every single subject bringing it back to their anti Pasoti, anti James Brent agenda, and shouting down anyone who disagrees. Every forum you take over you ruin with your hijacking of every discussion and making it a Brent out campaign or some tirade against Pasoti.

Please realise that no one cares. Brent is not going to leave the club because you made a badge. Why on earth do you go to these sad lengths?

When we've such bad ownership as we've had in recent years, to see this campaign trying to oust a chairman dedicated to clearing millions of pounds worth of debts is truly ridiculous. Where were these badges when the club was £20m in debt, about to be liquidated, or in the hands of Peter Risdale and his £20,000 deals for Bolasie? The paranoid agenda is staggering.

Anyway, this is just my view. I'd rather have more decent forums to frequent, but until this crap dies down it looks like there is only one place worth visiting to discuss Argyle.

This is an excellent post and sums up internet bullying very well, it’s but a handful of strange people who have nothing better to do with their spare time than spend it hammering out reams of bile on their keyboards building within themselves an irrational hatred for people they don’t know and have probably never met. The internet is a wonderful thing but it has its downside and this is it.
As you so rightly say they are insignificant so my advice to James Brent and Ian and others would be to ignore them and let them carry on with what they enjoy doing in their own little perverse world.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
That's fine Esmer and the ignoring is what we all try to do. However, occasionally, like the letter above and James Brent's children reading that he "has the face of a child abuser", the subterranean "mad" world of the internet breaks out on the surface and it can become not only nasty but scary and damaging not just to the targets but to their families. A line gets crossed.

Oct 24, 2010
Mark Pedlar":2x7w9mdd said:
That's fine Esmer and the ignoring is what we all try to do. However, occasionally, like the letter above and James Brent's children reading that he "has the face of a child abuser", the subterranean "mad" world of the internet breaks out on the surface and it can become not only nasty but scary and damaging not just to the targets but to their families. A line gets crossed.
The thing is there is little that can be done about it, if James Brent tries to sue he is merely giving the morons more publicity. But it can be prevented from impacting on one's life by ignoring it.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
esmer":1v9jqum0 said:
Mark Pedlar":1v9jqum0 said:
The thing is there is little that can be done about it, if James Brent tries to sue he is merely giving the morons more publicity. But it can be prevented from impacting on one's life by ignoring it.

And what do you expect a child to do in the playground when they're being taunted by others about what they've read on the Internet or what a partner should do when a suggestion to meet for a children's party or sleepover turns into a discussion about who will be there?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
esmer":3fzuoxby said:
Mark Pedlar":3fzuoxby said:

That would be true if the abuse and insults were confined to a website that was hardly read, as it was, but it's now on Facebook which with its "shares"and "likes" is a much bigger animal and impacts on every day life.

Apr 15, 2008
London
PL2 3DQ":20ukuvmm said:
Well said.

And to add to that - a while ago there was a personal insult on John Lloyd's Facebook page about me, I contacted him using a Pasoti Private Message politely asking him to remove the comment. He refused and published the contents of my Private Message onto his Facebook page without my permission.

When an owner of a football club publicly speaks out about this "unmoderated" Facebook page and the damage it's doing to the club you know it's serious and yet it continues.

Shocking. It's plain that in this age of social media that there is no such thing as a 'private message'. Very sad but true.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think I'm pretty good at that now Richard, I've had to put up with it for so long that A) I've found ways of blocking them and B) I have become near immune. It now upsets me when I see friends of mine attacked, like the GT's, Sue Pollard, Ian De Lar and JB are just a few examples.

However, now and again, it's good to raise it again, as their mantra is repeat, repeat and repeat and it will become true.

Plus people like Lloyd allowing it to be said, it takes a slightly more 'plausible' direction which is both destructive and sad really.

If you add into the mix the people that hang in the shadows causing mischief for them to feed off it really does become pernicious.

An example, according to an 'increasing freak', Andy Chapman from Leeds, I have had a multi account on FB (which I have never had) and I was John Sheridan on Twitter (which I never was), but as I say repeat, repeat, repeat and then it becomes FACT.

Now Ian De Lar pointed out that there is a fake Derek Adams account out there. You can imagine what will be claimed next.

This will be allowed to go on FB, Lloyd and his crony Mods will allow it go out and on it goes again.

So, whilst I don't care what a load of saddoes are up to, the potential damage they could do to my reputation is quite fierce when you think about it. Luckily I warn my working colleagues about it, so if I ever Google up badly, they know what has happened, but it's quite embarrassing really.

I actually don't think it's the rancid freaks like Rickler, Baker and Tring that get up to this, they simply believe that it IS me because of what these other ones get up to, if you see what I mean.

They've got their teeth into me for many reasons, yes I have poked them in the past and I'm doing it again now, but people have to stand up against this strange behaviour it's simply not acceptable.

I'll call out John Lloyd, I think he's a coward I really do. His word is not gospel on this site, so he thought of a way where his word holds more weight. Good for him, but when people say things like 'Can't we all be Argyle fans together' I say 'no we can't'. If a person acted like a prat in real life, I wouldn't want to hang around him, that wouldn't be natural, so why the hell does anyone expect me to interact with him in any way? Strange call.

Good on JB for bringing this up, and good on him for sticking up for Chris Webb a mutual (and good) friend, another target of the cowards.

Now, a few of us have decided to speak up and say "We're not having this" - Will it do any good? No of course not, but perhaps, just perhaps a few less people will stop saying poo like 'We want to bang your heads together' or "There's no smoke without fire" - Both of which are idiotic phrases in this context.

Apr 15, 2008
London
The irony of the Brent Out morons (and those who enable them on social media), is that behaving like that, who the hell would want to come in? Faced with that kind of abuse anyone would give the club a wide berth... but the aforementioned parties don't really care about the club at all.