'Brent' badges? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'Brent' badges?

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Brent has now engaged with social media he his fair game like our previous chairman who got far more abuse.
Wearing that badge at the meeting was a bad mistake he needs to get a new spin doctor.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
dunlop":1rpo2a6w said:
Brent has now engaged with social media he his fair game like our previous chairman who got far more abuse.
Wearing that badge at the meeting was a bad mistake he needs to get a new spin doctor.

I can not understand your thought process on that at all.

He's fair game to be called all sorts is he?

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
No I do not agree what Brent told the meeting about personal abuse just making the point by discussing it at a public meeting he has opened up the debate.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Err, that was his intention I'd imagine Mike.

That's what he said. It went something like 'We're attempting to attract women and kids into our football club and if they went on line all they'd see is hate from these type of people'.

Why hide from them? Why not front them up? That's what he's done, and we're attempting to do on this thread.

You're a prime example (but a matey one) of being influenced by the freaks. You are or were convinced that I am Dave Nine. That has been put in your head because they rock backwards and forward chanting 'Pasoti Mods and Owners have multis' time and time and time again.

They are wrong, not one Mod has and if I tried to (which I haven't) the likes of Mark, Keith, Ollie etc etc would be on my in a second. It's not the site works anymore, It's as simple as that. A few years ago I made an error of judgement, it caused a great stir etc etc, but when I come back, the Mods made it quite clear that was not the way they wanted it run. They were totally right.

So, it goes to show that some people are influenced by them, you are an example of that. Why should they get away with saying such stuff?

If you met someone and you knew he/she was liar you'd front them out wouldn't you? So why should the net be any difference.

B

Baby Face Johnson

How's your six month sabbatical coming along Ian :lol: :shh:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Nothing off this thread mate.

How's the 'turn the other cheek' thought going? Still of the same opinion?

I've had about ten phone calls today, and I for one am glad I can tell people what really is going on.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":1imy1oht said:
Nothing off this thread mate.

How's the 'turn the other cheek' thought going? Still of the same opinion?

I've had about ten phone calls today, and I for one am glad I can tell people what really is going on.

Hmmmm; sorry just trying to lighten the mood.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I know mate, I think you're genuinely trying to think everyone can be nice and cuddly, but as has been said, that's quite easy when you're not one of the ones involved.

Thankfully I'm less selfish than that, and as I say, I've seen nasty and vile stuff about Chris Webb, snarky stuff about Sue Pollard, awful stuff about JB - why? All I've seen from them is a real effort to pull this great club of ours away from the precipice, The one's that do it? Not a jot, not a thing, just the dust cloud as they ran away.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":1xb0syu6 said:
I know mate, I think you're genuinely trying to think everyone can be nice and cuddly, but as has been said, that's quite easy when you're not one of the ones involved.

Thankfully I'm less selfish than that, and as I say, I've seen nasty and vile stuff about Chris Webb, snarky stuff about Sue Pollard, awful stuff about JB - why? All I've seen from them is a real effort to pull this great club of ours away from the precipice, The one's that do it? Not a jot, not a thing, just the dust cloud as they ran away.

Yes, it's a fair point Ian and one I have acknowledged before.

What I will say, if you don't mind, is that this site is becoming less enjoyable, as understandable paranoia seeps in. I have been jumped upon a couple of times when I thought I was expressing reasonable and fairly neutral points. Now it doesn't bother me much, water off a duck's arse and all that but I suspect it puts a few off posting.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Less enjoyable for you perhaps BFJ which is a shame but thats part of the turnover of PASOTI world I'm afraid.

I for one have always enjoyed your contribution and hope it continues but if it doesn't I understand that as well.

The main thing is, our team is top, and most of celebrate that.

Onwards and upwards pal, this is just a single thread amongst many , you and I are but two posters amongst several hundreds.

Hope you hang around.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":2mzvbex2 said:
Err, that was his intention I'd imagine Mike.

That's what he said. It went something like 'We're attempting to attract women and kids into our football club and if they went on line all they'd see is hate from these type of people'.

Why hide from them? Why not front them up? That's what he's done, and we're attempting to do on this thread.

You're a prime example (but a matey one) of being influenced by the freaks. You are or were convinced that I am Dave Nine. That has been put in your head because they rock backwards and forward chanting 'Pasoti Mods and Owners have multis' time and time and time again.

They are wrong, not one Mod has and if I tried to (which I haven't) the likes of Mark, Keith, Ollie etc etc would be on my in a second. It's not the site works anymore, It's as simple as that. A few years ago I made an error of judgement, it caused a great stir etc etc, but when I come back, the Mods made it quite clear that was not the way they wanted it run. They were totally right.

So, it goes to show that some people are influenced by them, you are an example of that. Why should they get away with saying such stuff?

If you met someone and you knew he/she was liar you'd front them out wouldn't you? So why should the net be any difference.

Ian I am not influenced by anybody my views/opinions are my own particularly when it comes to social media, everyone has their own opinions and not afraid to express them then there others who hide behind the key board you and I had personal chat about multis and I agree it took me some time to see I was wrong and for that I owe you an apology.

The point I was making about JB speech was about the obscene personal abuse, I bet 99.9% of fans did not know, what it has done has given the freaks (as you call them) more ammunition, any publicity is good publicity like this thread. Previously on this thread I made the point about the O P was just trying to cause trouble there's the problem butter would not melt in their mouth.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":3ef122jo said:
I agree it took me some time to see I was wrong and for that I owe you an apology.

I can sleep a very happy man tonight! :lol:

See you on Thursday. :thumbup:

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Recently 'liked' the Facebook free chat page. Read through a few posts for about a week then had to unlike. Genuinely full of Freaks, and I mean freaks. I've never met IJN, but if I had to form opinions based on his posts on Pasoti and what I read on Free Chat then I know who i would consider more sane and rational.

And for the chap that posted the badge, if you are reading this..

..mate you are genuinely creepy, verging on a stalker. That is not normal behaviour. It's not funny it's weird. Please get out more, possibly a girl friend (or boyfriend).

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":1v5wsnzh said:
Less enjoyable for you perhaps BFJ which is a shame but thats part of the turnover of PASOTI world I'm afraid.

I for one have always enjoyed your contribution and hope it continues but if it doesn't I understand that as well.

The main thing is, our team is top, and most of celebrate that.

Onwards and upwards pal, this is just a single thread amongst many , you and I are but two posters amongst several hundreds.

Hope you hang around.

I'll still contribute Ian, although most of what I have to say is normally utter nonsense :lol: Differing views need to be respected though, without this pigeon-holing of posters into either the "bucket-rattler" camp or the "freaks and weirdos" camp, both phrases of which are equally annoying.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I understand the sentiment, but surely a "Brent Out" badge carries a very real danger of people from outside the club thinking we're against the man. Seems very daft to me. I'd buy a badge in support of him & the club, but I think we're likely to be whooshing everyone who doesn't diligently follow Pasoti.