Brief Synopsis!!! (Grimsby) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Grimsby)

Jul 12, 2016
I agree.Yesterday was a chance to attack from the off to try and win the game. Instead we played the same as normal and didn't wake up until the second half.Finishing second is no mean feat and is appropriate since at home we have been second best for most games this season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Who'd have thought that we would finish second, 10 points ahead of Luton (top playoff position), after our 3-0 defeat by them in the first game of the season?

Take centre stage, Memory Man :-

On 26 August 1961 our first home game of the 1961-62 season was against Luton Town in a Second Division (now Championship) fixture. We lost 3-0 and the team was booed off the field. We finished the season 5th, having been in third place with six games to go. We have never been that close to the First Division/EPL in the intervening 55 years. So don't despair, a 3-0 home defeat to Luton need not be viewed as the end of the world.

Rather more optimistic than some of our regular posters on the Brief Synopsis thread after that game.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
A great day despite not winning the title.

Luke McCormick - 7

Partially at fault for the first goal, but he did make two excellent saves to keep scoreline line down and his distribution was good throughout.

Gary Miller - 5
Absolutely terrible in the first half, but he did improve quite a bit in the second.

Yann Songo-o - 6
He made a couple of very good challenges but unfortunately he still doesn't fill me with confidence, Sokolik is the better player.

Gary Sawyer - 8
Supported Kennedy well in the first half and Carey in the second, one of his best performances this season.

David Fox - 7
Tidy and clever as always but I can see why was he was subbed, needed some more attacking players on toward the end.

Antoni Sarcevic - 6
Some very clever play but bottled shooting in a number of good areas.

Jordan Slew - 2
I've defended him in the past but he was terrible yesterday. Lost the ball every time it went near him and it was also clear that he wasn't giving 100%.

Matty Kennedy - 4
Overrated. The occasional good goal but if he can't cut in onto his right foot then he's ineffective.

Graham Carey - 7
Guilty of overplaying at times, but did put in a good display, unlucky not to score a couple.

Ryan Taylor -6
Battled hard, often isolated in the first half.

Subs:

Nathan Blissett - 6
Immediately gave us more presence up top.

Jimmy Spencer - 7
Been critical of him at times this season, but an excellent finish and he did hold the ball up well.

Conor Smith - 6
A tidy cameo.

On to League 1!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I think there's been a lot of harsh criticism of Slew. As soon as he lost the ball he was getting pelters. I actually thought he got into some dangerous areas and some of his play was decent. As for "he wasn't giving 100%" - absolute nonsense claim. He got up and down just like any other player, he just didn't waste his energy chasing lost causes when he didn't need too.

McCormick - 6
Miller - 6
Bradley - 7
Songo'o - 7
Sawyer - 6
Fox - 7
Sarcevic - 7
Carey - 7
Kennedy - 6
Slew - 6
Taylor - 7

Blissett - 6
Spencer - 7
Smith - N/A

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bizarrely Grimsby have a couple of pre-season friendlies lined up in Devon in July, they play Bideford on the 18th and Tavistock on the 20th.