Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford)

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
As a white season ticket holder , I have been to 11 home league games so far since the beginning of last season......I have yet to see us win , I do apologise for my inept performance and will warn all of you when I will attend a game again.........

As for yesterday, it was painful to watch. :mad: :mad:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
RichieB":9olf1kuc said:
As a white season ticket holder , I have been to 11 home league games so far since the beginning of last season......I have yet to see us win , I do apologise for my inept performance and will warn all of you when I will attend a game again.........

As for yesterday, it was painful to watch. :mad: :mad:

As a full season ticket holder I've watched all of them & just about every one of them has been painful.

The only enjoyment yesterday was the Royal Marines' display at half time.

Apr 5, 2008
Tugboat":3emvl29d said:
Bournemouth go 2-0 against Huddersfield. Went down to 10 men end of the first half.

Did they do on the lose 4-2? Did they balls. They stayed positive and went on to score another 2 goals.

4-0 win with 10 men and fully deserved.

Thinking that myself.How can other teams get a player sent off and go on to still win the game,yet Argyle just go on to get usually hammered every time.

Our recent good form came to a shattering end then :facepalm: .Some of us got a bit over excited by our recent good run,and backed Argyle to finish top half or even top 6 :funny:

Must of been kidding ourselves,this team is miles away from a decent league one outfit.

How many other clubs would keep their manager with such awful home form.

We desperately need at least one attacking full back. It was so clear yesterday that Taylor Sinclair had no idea once he passed the half wY line. I noticed a reluctance from other players to pass to him - clearly not trusting him. I thought he had a poor half but to replace him with Miller who can't defend or go forward smacked of 'out of the frying pan....' without Threlkeld I'm wondering if Grant could be converted into a temporary full back? This would certainly give us more forward motion ?
However even with a cracking full back if no one gets into the box then we just aren't going to score.
I left early for the first time ever yesterday. It's all just so painful!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
abandonedhope":1hzeggtm said:
We desperately need at least one attacking full back. It was so clear yesterday that Taylor Sinclair had no idea once he passed the half wY line. I noticed a reluctance from other players to pass to him - clearly not trusting him. I thought he had a poor half but to replace him with Miller who can't defend or go forward smacked of 'out of the frying pan....' without Threlkeld I'm wondering if Grant could be converted into a temporary full back? This would certainly give us more forward motion ?
However even with a cracking full back if no one gets into the box then we just aren't going to score.
I left early for the first time ever yesterday. It's all just so painful!

You weren't the only one did you see the mass evacuation after the 4th goal. I thought there must have been a bomb warning or something as most people streamed out of the ground. Reminds me of Sunderland and west Ham fans deserting their teams fed up with the drivel they have been served up by 2 managers NOW SACKED

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Whether we stay up or not, as a ST holder of 11 years I'm very seriously considering whether I'll be forking out 350 quid next year for more of this. Even when we win it's dismal. A walk on the moors costs a lot less and is probably better for my physical and mental wellbeing.

Dec 13, 2013
Whilst the penalty and sending off , which I believe was the correct decision, was the main turning point in the game I was still very upbeat at half time. It was clear for anyone to see why Oxford where on a bad run and they were still there for taking, even though they only had ten men. The biggest problem we have is our in ability to score goals. For the next big turning point was at the start of the second have when we took the quick free kick. Whilst over all Jake had a good game, and is one one of my favorite players, however to be clean through 1 on 1 & only 10 yards out and shoot 10 -15 yards is just not good enough. Apart from the Carey free kick, that on another day may have rebounded of the post, hit keeper and gone in instead of going for a corner I do not really remember their keeper being troubled. As many times this season we have got down the wings and put some cracking balls into the box but to no avail.
It is nice that we have given the players that won us promotion the opportunity to play in league 1, but also clear that a number of them are not at that standard. The same came be said for the Players that Adams brought in over the summer and clear to see why other League 1 clubs released them. I still have the belief that we will survive this season and only a couple of players short from having a mid table team. The signing of Diagouraga has made a big difference in the middle. He may not have the fastest lags, but he does have a good football brain. Fortunately time is on our side to turn this around, so if we can somehow struggle to 20 - 23 points before the January window opens I am sure with the right couple of signings we can we can finish on 55 - 60 :scarf: :scarf:

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
So I’ve only seen the highlights, but what does everyone think of the incident yesterday.

For me, it looks innocuous but I recon the oxford player is unlikely to go down without contact as he had a shot on goal. Looked more of a coming together though than a professional foul?

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This team is just not good enough you can't shop in Poundland and look for the yellow stickers in this division, I doubt Guardiola could make a success of this team.

Aug 22, 2006
Tugboat":11iyfvd0 said:
Bournemouth go 2-0 against Huddersfield. Went down to 10 men end of the first half.

Did they do on the lose 4-2? Did they balls. They stayed positive and went on to score another 2 goals.

Yeah I actually mentioned that yesterday and I do see where you're coming from, although Bournemouth were already 2-0 up so it's a different mind-set, and at least there's a lead to defend. What I will say is that there are many teams who actually thrive with 10 men, and seem to do well. For example if we played against 10 men I wouldn't be so sure that we'd be that effective in breaking the team down. Remember Leyton Orient last year I think it was against 9 men? What a struggle that was. Other sides in the end easily manage to pick us apart. In summary we always seem to implode with 10 men, whereas plenty of other sides i'm sure in 6 games with 10 men would have at least salvaged 1 point. It's not a good sign, and like another poster mentioned let's hope this doesn't come down to goal difference, otherwise we are doomed.

Oct 31, 2015
Tugboat":aupuqyq3 said:

Absolutely spot on Tuggers. We have been down to 10 players 6 times this season and been stuffed everytime. Going down to 10 does not mean defeat or a tonking. Im glad someone else sees it!!!

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Even when we win we are poor entertainment, this is a really poor team led by a stubborn clueless manager. Yesterday Oxford tore us apart with clever passing, strikers who actually shoot and a high work ethic.

They could of had 8 and it wouldn't of been flattering for them. :sad: