Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford)

Mar 14, 2009
IF today was a one off or even happened a few times this season then it wouldn't be so bad.

However, 9 games at HP with 1 win and two draws tells you most of the story. For the full picture remember last season at HP? Weren't we saying these things but in a weaker league?

Yet it will be OK if we beat Northampton, apprantely. Why is that acceptable when today we played a side you could see was low in confidence in the first half having not won in 6 games and gave them the initiative. Maybe if we were more postive we could get one or two more "decisions" in our favour.

If you look at the decision, Edwards is the wrong side of the player. Is clumsy at best with his hand on the players back.

We could debate that Argyle finished on top in the first half. We could debate the ref decision turned the game. However, doesn't that stop us debating the real crux of the issue. Just how bad DA's tactics were again at HP? Or why we had another poor result and performance at HP this season?

It's not just this season our home performances and results have been like this under DA. It's been for a considerable amount of time. Yet strangely people say beating Northampton will change once again how we perceive DA in the Argyle hot seat. Really? The guy uses the same tactics over and over again. They don't work at HP as results and especially performances have shown.

So when should we expect him to stop repeating the same mistakes at HP? When will it finally be fine to say the way you set up the team is too negative and dour? The football we play is poor? How many more games do we have to endure a "groundhog" day scenario before finally being so negative in our style of play will mean that this becomes unacceptable?

We may well win against Northampton because believe it or not they might be as bad as us. However, people said we turned the corner. Well that corner never materialised. We played backs to the wall football and grounded out a few results. That formula doesn't work at home unless we take the lead. If you don't think we are in massive trouble then look at our goal average compared to others. Don't score enough and concede many.

It paints the picture. However, that picture has been the same one we have been looking at for over 12 months. It's just as fans it's divided opinion as to just how priceless DA is and exactly what we are looking at

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Did someone put the clock back to mid September?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":21av0kwo said:
cheshiregreen":21av0kwo said:
monkeywrench":21av0kwo said:
themightykeithfear":21av0kwo said:
with windy miller on it was like playing with 9 man, genius adams

But if ATS was injured as suggested, what was the alternative?

Not seen a statement from the manager but Errington says Miller was sent on to add attacking width!!!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ted-798564

If that is the reason then we might as well give up the season now.

For balance here is what the manager said. Can only presume he wasn't specifically asked about the ATS substition.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ams-799059

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was good to see the SKY video as sitting diagonally opposite in the Lyndhust I had no appreciation as to how poorly Edwards was positioned in order to try to win the ball. The decision appeared sound but having said that I was not impressed by the officials. I felt Argyle should have had a penalty in the first half when Argyles left back crossed and the Oxford player caught it on his left arm on a half turn. If the ref was the same Romanian who took the NI v Switzerland game in Belfast it would have been cast iron. In the end I felt Argyle caved in, being tired, after playing for so long with only 10 men

To give Oxford their due they had runners coming through from midfield for their second and fourth goals. It is a play which Argyle never seem to achieve. It is expected somehow that the striker scores or Carey scores from cutting inside on his left foot. It is all disappointing, but unless there is fantastic change in form over the next 43 days, then the transfer window will be a critical one for DA.

Aug 8, 2014
area51":32g8i954 said:
Wasn't going to bother to post that's how fed up I am after watching that.
As Oddball doesn't go anymore this one is for him.
I thought Oxford had three things today, that we did not have.
1. A striker who knows where the net is.
2. Commitmnet and passion.
3. A manager that can manage.

The writting was on the wall, big crowd, a team that has not won for a while - we had to lose, but it is how you lose.
It was a penalty, get over it, they would have beat us even if we had eleven men, they wanted it more and tactically they were superior - hence the result.
Will the January transfer window save us from relegation? For the first time this season I am thinking not.
Who will we sign being bottom of the league? I think we should start to worry, six weeks time it's 2018, I saw nothing today that can save us. Blisset the only signing we paid money for not in the squad?
Not happy.

Agree 100% mate.....negative tactics, no desire, no ability to change a game.....ridiculous

Jun 27, 2017
Penalty decision effectively ended the game - I can see why he gave it but having since looked it is harsh, in my opinion.

We came up against a decent team, yes they have been on a bad run, but they are a good footballing team that comfortably outplayed us. How I would love some of the pace they have to be in our team. Ultimately, it is just 1 defeat. 1 defeat in 6 so not all bad. Move on to Tuesday, break the Tuesday jinx and suddenly the mood will miraculously change on here.

Sat at 1500, Pasoti full of people predicting a win and out of bottom 4 as we are great. Sat at 1700, Pasoti is back to Adams out and nailed on relegation.

Do I think we'll stay up?? Yes.
Do I think we'll lose again in the same manner as today? Yes
But I'll keep plodding through Central Park in the hope that maybe that game will be the one where we win 4 nil!

Mar 19, 2008
For the record in DA’s reign at HP..
In 55 home league games we have suffered 21 defeats.
No doubt DA will point to 27 away wins out of 55.
I’m sure no one will be surprised to hear we have conceded 19 goals in 9 home games so far - surely you would think DA would realise this sitting back and encouraging teams to attack in order for the team to try and counter just isn’t working.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Abacus":n87lik32 said:
Penalty decision effectively ended the game - I can see why he gave it but having since looked it is harsh, in my opinion.

We came up against a decent team, yes they have been on a bad run, but they are a good footballing team that comfortably outplayed us. How I would love some of the pace they have to be in our team. Ultimately, it is just 1 defeat. 1 defeat in 6 so not all bad. Move on to Tuesday, break the Tuesday jinx and suddenly the mood will miraculously change on here.

Sat at 1500, Pasoti full of people predicting a win and out of bottom 4 as we are great. Sat at 1700, Pasoti is back to Adams out and nailed on relegation.

Do I think we'll stay up?? Yes.
Do I think we'll lose again in the same manner as today? Yes
But I'll keep plodding through Central Park in the hope that maybe that game will be the one where we win 4 nil!

I think the reason the masses are dejected is not today and more the EIGHT league games without a win at HP, the FIVE sending offs at HP and the complete negativity at HP. I don’t hope to win four nil; I hope to win one nil at HP possibly with our solitary shot on target. That’s not entertainment; the reason which is why i think a lot of us go.

I agree that if we stay up it will not be in despite of today, it will be because of a bigger picture. Adams is so convinced of that bigger picture but he doesn’t project that vision and keeps it in his head - that’s not encouraging.

Maybe he is on to something and treating a season as 46 away games a season is the future to league success. I am an accountant what do I know of footy.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
The 320 mile return trip for a home game is starting to get a little painful, and not in the least entertaining. When the fun stops, stop is ringing in my ears.

B

Bonehead

Bringing Lovechild Miller on at half time sums Adams up....time to go pal ...I want entertainment for my son

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Bournemouth go 2-0 against Huddersfield. Went down to 10 men end of the first half.

Did they do on the lose 4-2? Did they balls. They stayed positive and went on to score another 2 goals.

4-0 win with 10 men and fully deserved.