Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
esmer":2ar310ww said:
The rule is yellow card for an accidental foul; red card for a deliberate foul. It was a barge in the back (a clear penalty) so it was a red, the referee got it right.Utter stupidity from Edwards, the striker got the wrong side of him which put him out of the game and he should have left it to the goalkeeper to deal with, any contact and the striker is going down and it's a penalty and a red card.

We may be in a minority esmer, but I agree with you. Didn't think it was offside, thought it was a clumsy foul and marginally a red card.

Aside from getting that right, I thought the ref was fairly poor - lots of shirt pulling, a couple of two footed lunges and an elbow all went unpunished.

As for the performance I thought we did very well for an hour and were competitive. Then we fell apart for 10-15 minutes and it was game over.

Individually, I thought Diagouraga and Fox were good (a shame the legs have gone somewhat in both cases), Grant and Carey were decent but Jervis upped his workrate to supplement the excellent runs he does off the ball and MoM for me. Not a Miller hater - I think he's an honest professional, but so obviously out of his depth in League One I'm afraid.

We need to park this game because Tuesday is all important now.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
We now have the joint worst goal difference in League One and League Two and joint worst (with Crawley at 13) goals scored in L1 and L2.
In all three EFL divisions only Burton and Birmingham have scored less goals than us.

We've scored six goals at home, the joint worst in League One and only Crawley have a worst home record in the EFL with five goals scored at home.

We have scored the same amount of goals at home as red cards received.

We've conceded 19 goals at home, the worst in League One, only Burton with 21 goals conceded have a worse home record on the EFL.

Jul 11, 2011
Steve Evans":39u87r7g said:
i enjoyed the majority of this match until the second goal went in just after half time.the match then was clearly lost.i thought the referee took his goal really well with a great assist from the linesman who missed the offside.the referee astonishingly red carded edwards for a clean tackle in my opinion.my stand out players today were yann,sawyer,fox,carey,lameiras and the outstanding jervis.my ratings;

Remi Matthews - 6
Gary Sawyer - 6
Ryan Edwards - 2 because the ref subbed him early
Sonny Bradley - 5
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 5
Yann Songo'o - 7
Tounami Diagouraga - 1
David Fox - 6
Graham Carey - 6
Joel Grant - 1
Jake Jervis - 10

Michael Cooper - unused
Gary Miller - 0
Antoni Sarcevic - 0
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Gregg Wylde - unused
Lionel Ainsworth - unused
Alex Fletcher - unused

Your report has just wasted 20seconds if my life that I will never get back!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Doctor":3r7sucqf said:
So, in summary, we’re not very good.

We're not too shabby if we score first and have a competent referee.

Feb 2, 2007
The Doctor":28q4qma9 said:

Lots can be written but we know we are bang average in this league and that’s IF the team have 11 committed and organised players for the full game.

THe minute we lose a player to red card, injury or need a tactical re think, it’s inevitable that the resources are not there to change the path of the game. Many teams go down to 10 but stay competitive and sometimes snatch results. Argyle this season have had 6 reds (I think) and acquired zero points. Another piece of damning evidence.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
neilbet79":2y7ezmuj said:
PL2 3DQ":2y7ezmuj said:
The Doctor":2y7ezmuj said:

We're not too shabby if we score first and have a competent referee.

The current league position wouldn't seem to support that.

Eh? If it was based on games in which we'd scored first, we'd be doing very well. Which is Postey's point.

It's just so frustrating how our games always rest on a knife edge... Score first? Great. Concede first? Could be any score, and any number of men left on the pitch.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":1c6u8j18 said:
monkeywrench":1c6u8j18 said:
themightykeithfear":1c6u8j18 said:
with windy miller on it was like playing with 9 man, genius adams

But if ATS was injured as suggested, what was the alternative?

Not seen a statement from the manager but Errington says Miller was sent on to add attacking width!!!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ted-798564

That is up there, with Sheridan's "we have no leaders without Wotton" (having not picked Wotton) comment for stupidity.

I am still Adams in but the man really doesn't help himself sometimes. Ridiculous decision.

Sorry but Miller is just nowhere near good enough at this level. He was slightly out of his depth in League 2, in League 1 he's just embarrassing. Tries his best but just shouldn't be playing at this level. The fact that Adams keeps picking him is bewildering.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Akos Bubacksy":2ipwcnv1 said:
Steve Evans":2ipwcnv1 said:
i enjoyed the majority of this match until the second goal went in just after half time.the match then was clearly lost.i thought the referee took his goal really well with a great assist from the linesman who missed the offside.the referee astonishingly red carded edwards for a clean tackle in my opinion.my stand out players today were yann,sawyer,fox,carey,lameiras and the outstanding jervis.my ratings;

Remi Matthews - 6
Gary Sawyer - 6
Ryan Edwards - 2 because the ref subbed him early
Sonny Bradley - 5
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 5
Yann Songo'o - 7
Tounami Diagouraga - 1
David Fox - 6
Graham Carey - 6
Joel Grant - 1
Jake Jervis - 10

Michael Cooper - unused
Gary Miller - 0
Antoni Sarcevic - 0
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Gregg Wylde - unused
Lionel Ainsworth - unused
Alex Fletcher - unused

Your report has just wasted 20seconds if my life that I will never get back!
my report is eyewitness.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Trailing a game and down to 10 men and DA's attacking answer is to bring on windy fcukin Miller :facepalm:

Surely this is a clear sign the guy has completely lost the plot

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
But if ATS was injured as suggested, what was the alternative?[/quote]

Surely we ought to have played 3 at the back and brought on a midfielder, maybe Ainsworth to replace the injured TS to have more flexibility and easily turn 3-5-1 into 3 upfront. DA's substitutions are a complete mystery to me tho. A chance to change things on Tuesday.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Watching the highlights I can’t see any attempt to play the ball by Edwards. Therefore if it is a foul, which it was, it presumably is a penalty and a sending off.

It feels harsh as so early and so slow motion - but I don’t think technically that is relevant.

Regardless- It is a stupid challenge given the keepers position.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 0-4-oxford

If anyone wants to look.

So much for turning a corner. Groan!
As traditional as ever it seems for argyle. To follow up a good performance with a crap one.
After that fantastic result last week and 2 successive clean sheets i was expecting us today to be
at least competitive. Wrong. A 4 goal tonking with yet another abysmal attempt at playing with 10 men
to endure.
I have lost count the number of home red cards now as well. Is it six now? Un...effing...believable.
No criticism of the players again for effort. Though ryan edwards decision making for the pen has let
us down again. 2 silly yellows for his previous red i recall too.
It looked a blatant foul and red from where i was sitting. He should have just let the guy go on and
shoot and not just drag him down down from behind. It was an awful challenge and deserved a red imho.
Mind you it doesnt help that we have 2 so similar slow giant type CBs in partnership imho.
Or that 2 of the CM trio that supposedly protect them were farther up the pitch leaving the
space either side of yanner exposed. Their nippy no 10 payne was causing big problems in there all
game. Even before the pen happened. The warning signs were there.
Against shrewsbury we were much tighter defensively with the 3 CMs in close proximity and gradually
we pushed up the pitch as we gained more control of the game. Why dont we keep using the same gameplan?
Oxford were way to good for us. So much quicker and incisive. So we should be starting games playing to
our strengths which is deep defending with strong CM cover and pacy counterattacking.
Not pushing up like we started the game today.
Whatever, the red ruined the game as a spectacle. Especially second half as they could have scored many
more carving open our flimsy 441 time and time again. Subs were made which made us even more disorganised
and in the end DA went 450 to prevent further damage to the scoreline and confidence.
I was disappointed with our efforts with 10 again. We should be concentrating on keeping it tight first.
Then look for set pieces and early deliveries from out wide which to be fair we did some ok with up to half time.
Second half though we were way too open. A DA, (2 banks of 4 formation) is no match for a luggy style one.
Or a ciderman one etc. Set pieces were poor apart from a GC10 FK which hit the post first half. And we
never looked for an early ball in always seemingly wanting another pass which allowed them time to
organise.
JJ was my MOM. Non stop effort and pace a plenty.
Highlight was the armed forces bit although couldnt hear the live semper played by the band as it was
drowned out by a brilliant 10k crowd. Pity argyle got so drowned out in the game as well.
Ive gotta say i am losing faith in the manager now. There is only so many home defeats one can take.
Some of them hammerings. Never mind all these reds too. You need the patience of a saint to be an
argyle fan these days.
So this one is looking for something a bit more radical from our manager now.
Perhaps a more direct approach? Just for home games. Maybe a simple well organised 442/4411?
He needs to do something as we got that "were doomed" look about us again.
Im sure captain mainwaring would devise some cunning plan of action if he was our manager.
Crikey! We must be struggling if im looking to dads army for help.
Whatever, i will be up there on tuesday. As always. Up the greens.

Mar 23, 2008
PL2 3DQ":9mlfhitf said:
We now have the joint worst goal difference in League One and League Two and joint worst (with Crawley at 13) goals scored in L1 and L2.
In all three EFL divisions only Burton and Birmingham have scored less goals than us.

We've scored six goals at home, the joint worst in League One and only Crawley have a worst home record in the EFL with five goals scored at home.

We have scored the same amount of goals at home as red cards received.

We've conceded 19 goals at home, the worst in League One, only Burton with 21 goals conceded have a worse home record on the EFL.
Some damning and depressing stats, especially the same number of red cards as goals at home after so many home games.