Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Oxford)

Oct 7, 2017
Biggs":3lvnqmvc said:
It's rare the ref literally gets the rules wrong, normally it's a question of interpretation that we just disagree with.

After Euro 2016, you no longer get a red card for being the last man.

He's forgotten, simple as that.

That's not strictly true. If the referee believes no attempt was made to play the ball, he can still send a player off for making a foul as the last man in the penalty box. The rule you're talking about is if the ref thinks a genuine attempt was made but the player still clumsily brings the attacker down. The ref tonight stated he thought no attempt to play the ball had been made.

S

swendies

Sorry, I think we have some decent players being led by a manager who isn`t good enough for League 1. Time to go Derek, been saying this for weeks.

Oct 24, 2010
The rule is yellow card for an accidental foul; red card for a deliberate foul. It was a barge in the back (a clear penalty) so it was a red, the referee got it right.Utter stupidity from Edwards, the striker got the wrong side of him which put him out of the game and he should have left it to the goalkeeper to deal with, any contact and the striker is going down and it's a penalty and a red card.

Oct 7, 2017
I need to see the video of the penalty incident but from where I was sat it looked a clear penalty, and hence a sending off was valid. Some refs would have been more lenient but I don't think it's arguable personally. We reacted well to it and looked a good side for the remainder of the first half, although, one free kick aside, never really troubled their keeper. In the second half Oxford tore us to pieces, how different things would have been 11 v 11 is conjecture but I still think they'd have beaten us. I wish we'd get at teams more, press a bit higher and stop conceding so much possession. We play at home like an away side.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
gaspargomez":brlhc9p3 said:
The team isn't good enough for League One. I hate to say it, but I think it's unfortunately true.

I agree and Adams recruited the players. If we lose on Tuesday against relegation rivals he has to go - surely? To give ourselves a fighting chance. But Brent won’t do it.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
cheshiregreen":uctotu38 said:
monkeywrench":uctotu38 said:
themightykeithfear":uctotu38 said:
with windy miller on it was like playing with 9 man, genius adams

But if ATS was injured as suggested, what was the alternative?

Not seen a statement from the manager but Errington says Miller was sent on to add attacking width!!!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ted-798564

If that is the reason then we might as well give up the season now.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
At the time I was fairly sure the Oxford player who ran through and was pushed for the penalty decision was offside. The linesman was well behind play and couldn't have made a decision.

I think it was a spirited comeback from Argyle until it came apart in the second half. I had forgotten just how poor Miller is - awful!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Feb 2, 2007
The Doctor":38h9xir1 said:
cheshiregreen":38h9xir1 said:
monkeywrench":38h9xir1 said:
themightykeithfear":38h9xir1 said:
with windy miller on it was like playing with 9 man, genius adams

But if ATS was injured as suggested, what was the alternative?

Not seen a statement from the manager but Errington says Miller was sent on to add attacking width!!!

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/f ... ted-798564

If that is the reason then we might as well give up the season now.

Similar to Scunthorpe in Many ways. Miller though is terrible and ATS has had several decent games on the bounce.

Derek has been itching to get Miller back in but he isn’t fit to wear the shirt at this level. He barely was in League two as most of us know.

If he doesn’t offload him in January, of course, assuming Derek is still with us, then we will get relegated.

Aug 4, 2011
After joining the que 5 mins before the half time whistle, and leaving it 20 mins later barely 10 ft closer than when I joined I decided to leave the ground. Wanting to spend £8 on a watered down excuse for a lager and a poor excuse for a pie was a mistake, but queing (and failing to be served) for the “privaledge” was more than I can take. Glad I left when I did, in fact no - should have left after 15 mins in and walked straight into the Brit for a better quality pie and pint for half the price and half the wait.

If argyle can’t get the basics right (still) they will never sustain a crowd of 7,000+ on a regular basis. Shambles on and off the pitch

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
area51":3hsem398 said:
Wasn't going to bother to post that's how fed up I am after watching that.
As Oddball doesn't go anymore this one is for him.
I thought Oxford had three things today, that we did not have.
1. A striker who knows where the net is.
2. Commitmnet and passion.
3. A manager that can manage.

The writting was on the wall, big crowd, a team that has not won for a while - we had to lose, but it is how you lose.
It was a penalty, get over it, they would have beat us even if we had eleven men, they wanted it more and tactically they were superior - hence the result.
Will the January transfer window save us from relegation? For the first time this season I am thinking not.
Who will we sign being bottom of the league? I think we should start to worry, six weeks time it's 2018, I saw nothing today that can save us. Blisset the only signing we paid money for not in the squad?
Not happy.

Thanks Dave glad I don't go anymore,I'd have walked out ....