Brief Synopsis!!! (Weymouth) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Weymouth)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I was impressed with Weymouth on and off the pitch.
They gave us a good test, much better than Truro who are a league above them. They are not the tallest but their pace troubled us.

They have a good stadium, the whole set up is run by volunteers who were very friendly.
A proper football club.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":2k0rrz0j said:
I was impressed with Weymouth on and off the pitch.
They gave us a good test, much better than Truro who are a league above them. They are not the tallest but their pace troubled us.

They have a good stadium, the whole set up is run by volunteers who were very friendly.
A proper football club.

I'm a bit worried that a non league teams pace has troubled us. There will be faster players in Division4 for sure and an experienced defender that lacks pace should use his nous to combat that threat.
Pace is only a problem if you let it become one in the first place.
This clearly needs to be a coaching priority as teams will try to catch us on the break and expose any lack of pace as we already experienced last year. Nelson will be a big miss in this department as he quietly and effectively swept up a lot of issues last year with his own pace.
If we have no one in that vein this year we need to be aware of it and how to cover for it

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
When exactly are we going to hear the last 'be thankful we've got a club' nonsense; in 5 more years? In a decade? When man has colonised Mars?
I can't take anyone seriously who thinks that this seasons squad is an improvement on last year's failed crop. They're a real 'end of the month just before payday' shop. They're like the 'still fresh' aisle at the supermarket. Their careers have largely turned sour but they've still just about got some possibilities if you can blend them together in a way that masks the faint odour of desperation.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
DartingtonPilgrim":32w0oo0d said:
Oh Dear UTL, you can't take anyone seriously who thinks the squad is stronger than last year.
Hope you're happy on your planet.

You think that Bulvitis, Songo'o and Bradley are better options at cb than McHugh, Nelson and (for all his faults) Hartley?
You reckon that ijaha is more of a prospect than boateng?
You looking forward to when Goodwillie puts his 50th goal for Argyle in inside the time it took Reid to?
You think Donaldson will be a more creative outlet than tanner could have been if used properly?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
up_the_line":2mc11gqg said:
DartingtonPilgrim":2mc11gqg said:
Oh Dear UTL, you can't take anyone seriously who thinks the squad is stronger than last year.

You think that Bulvitis, Songo'o and Bradley are better options at cb than McHugh, Nelson and (for all his faults) Hartley?
You looking forward to when Goodwillie puts his 50th goal for Argyle in inside the time it took Reid to?

Bully, Songo'o and Bradley haven't kicked a ball in the league for Argyle yet so no-one can say if they are better than the last crop.

What we do know is that McHugh, Nelson and Hartley, despite being good players, let us down in the play-offs twice! They bottled it.

99.9% of fans are always excited and positive before a new season starts.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PL2 3DQ":tumfwryg said:
up_the_line":tumfwryg said:
DartingtonPilgrim":tumfwryg said:

Bully, Songo'o and Bradley haven't kicked a ball in the league for Argyle yet so no-one can say if they are better than the last crop.

What we do know is that McHugh, Nelson and Hartley, despite being good players, let us down in the play-offs twice! They bottled it.

Is the insinuation that I might not be a fan because I have literally zero confidence or excitement about the coming season or the majority of the signings?

Apr 6, 2009
The players are knackered. Double training sessions every day and 4 games in one week it's kit surprising.

I have been to most of the pre season games (minus 2) and I definitely feel I've seen improvement with them gelling together much better. Today was that exception but I'm sure tiredness had a lot to do with that.

The starting 11 I feel was still about fitness as some players haven't played as much such as slew Rooney fox and lot the starting 11 we will see.
Carey made a lot of bad passes today.
Adams didn't seem that bothered but more kept changing the formation to get a better look at what works and doesn't.

I can't make any judgement until the season starts and we are playing league 2 oppositions but we haven't lost so far in pre season and we've played some good passing football albeit against poor opposition.

Apr 6, 2009
up_the_line":qqmipgaj said:
PL2 3DQ":qqmipgaj said:
up_the_line":qqmipgaj said:
DartingtonPilgrim":qqmipgaj said:

Is the insinuation that I might not be a fan because I have literally zero confidence or excitement about the coming season or the majority of the signings?

Not how I read it, just that you are in the minority of fans who are pessimistic before the season even starts (although you are in good company on pasoti as there are certainly a good few!)

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":167f7kq0 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":167f7kq0 said:

You think Donaldson will be a more creative outlet than tanner could have been if used properly?

Nelson, McHugh and Hartley.... That would be the 3 who were ripped apart by bottom of the table Dagenham and Redbridge in the first 45 mins on that important home game.

Boateng would be guy bottled it at Wembley and whos impact in his second loan spell was half to that in his first

Reid would be the guy who had a good Sept/Oct and we didn't see again mainly due to injury. He would be the guy who would struggle to play the lone forward role, when fit, yet when Brunt played it the team played significantly better.

Tanner would be the guy that disappeared after January. Who made little or no impact when he started or came on as sub. Who's final ball or decision making just wasn't up to it which is why Wylde always had the nod over him come the second half of the season.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Oh you are naughty!!
How long did you watch Nelson and Hartley in central defence ?
How long did McHugh play as a defensive midfielder ?
No more than 2 years competitive action for Hartley , 1 for McHugh and a little longer for Nelson.
Most of this time we've languished in League 2, so whilst you could argue they are good League 2 players , they were hardly Superstars.
Now how long have you spent watching Bulvitis , Songo'o , Bradley , Miller , Osborne , Smith , Donaldson , Ijaha , Fox , Goodwillie , Slew and Spencer in competitive action.
My guess is near to Zero minutes , because you are apparently a Plymouth Argyle fan , so why would you watch Latvia , Ross County , Crawley , Partick , Bristol City , AFC Wimbledon , Cambridge United , Whitehawk , Crewe and Aberdeen .
So to conclude , you argue that our new players are worse than our departed players , with no evidence .
My argument , watch them play some League games , who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised .

Jan 3, 2013
up_the_line":4c06v1q1 said:
PL2 3DQ":4c06v1q1 said:
up_the_line":4c06v1q1 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":4c06v1q1 said:

Give it a rest, we haven't kicked a ball in anger yet, give the boys a chance, mind you if your moaning predictions turn out to be correct I'll be the first to complain about them on here! Personally I think we will be fine

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
If every thread is going to be hijacked by the Trolls, then maybe worth people just ignoring there comments rather than feeding them, they are just attention seekers.

Mar 21, 2008
PL2 3DQ":82f3dqrr said:
I was asked twice by Weymouth fans if this was our first team.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

A number of the players we've signed weren't 1st team players for other mediocre league 2 teams why would they suddenly be 1st team players for a team chasing promotion?

Surely more squad depth is about competition for places and being able to replace injuries/suspensions, it's not about replacing some of your best players with a bigger number of what currently appear to be lower standard players.

It feels like rather than increasing the budget this season we're just trying to spread the same budget over more players.

Sep 6, 2006
Northernlightgreen":308w1bqy said:
If every thread is going to be hijacked by the Trolls, then maybe worth people just ignoring there comments rather than feeding them, they are just attention seekers.

A troll is someone that disagrees with you is it?