Brief synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Jul 2, 2014
Quintrell_Green":213xmy0s said:
Should I mention that Newport scored three?
Sheridan does in League Two what Pullis does in the Premiership - if you boat is sinking, he can stop the holes and keep you afloat - the Newport fans must think that he walks on water right now and worth every penny.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Mdgreener":1ppwcjuu said:
Quintrell_Green":1ppwcjuu said:
Should I mention that Newport scored three?
Sheridan does in League Two what Pullis does in the Premiership - if you boat is sinking, he can stop the holes and keep you afloat - the Newport fans must think that he walks on water right now and worth every penny.

He brought on two subs in the 58th minute, one of them scored three.

he brought on the last sub in the 85th minute.
I think he made a mistake, his intention was to bring on all three in the 85th minute!! :facepalm:

Mar 6, 2011
London / Plymouth
Just back - hard to argue with most of whats been said here.

Seemed to be a few too many passengers today, all a bit lacklustre.

Didn't deserve that point but we'll obviously take it.

Must be something I'm missing but sending Cox out on loan when we're this short of players (Purrington in the holding role?) seems a little counter productive...

Couple weeks off and we go again. Hopefully we get this 'blip' out of our system and pick up some form into the Christmas / New Year period.

Jul 2, 2014
DA has a tricky path ahead - getting players healthy is rather out of his control, but getting the players head in the right place and delivering a 100% commitment is something that he can be held accountable for.

The Croll/Hartley situation is particularly worrying - hopefully Hartley will be back in two weeks. Perhaps Croll will learn from today in a big way. Otherwise, we need to look at options like moving Sawyer in to the center and putting Purrington at LB.

While Hartley can drop back, he is so critical as a holding midfielder, that I don't see that as an option.

Threlkeld should be competing with Simpson for the next game too.

Luke should be back, but Walton I think has certainly stepped up to be a very respectable backup to the best keeper in the Division.

I would love to know what Adams is thinking about how we should set up our strike force. Without Ruben, he seems to not immediately turn into Brunt. However, I think that having a strong front man is essential for us. Without one, we just don't seem to have the cutting edge. Brent may not be Ruben, but he earned us a point from nothing today.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Mdgreener":1zm2dccx said:
DA has a tricky path ahead - getting players healthy is rather out of his control, but getting the players head in the right place and delivering a 100% commitment is something that he can be held accountable for.

The Croll/Hartley situation is particularly worrying - hopefully Hartley will be back in two weeks. Perhaps Croll will learn from today in a big way. Otherwise, we need to look at options like moving Sawyer in to the center and putting Purrington at LB.

While Hartley can drop back, he is so critical as a holding midfielder, that I don't see that as an option.

Threlkeld should be competing with Simpson for the next game too.

Luke should be back, but Walton I think has certainly stepped up to be a very respectable backup to the best keeper in the Division.

I would love to know what Adams is thinking about how we should set up our strike force. Without Ruben, he seems to not immediately turn into Brunt. However, I think that having a strong front man is essential for us. Without one, we just don't seem to have the cutting edge. Brent may not be Ruben, but he earned us a point from nothing today.
you've just given me an amazing mental picture of mr. chairman smashing in a last minute equaliser. ;)

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1w7i1280 said:
did tyler harvey do well today anybody who was there please?
As usual, never ever a scenario he'll excel in - when we're playing desparation hoofball.

If he doesn't break into this team with all these injuries, he never will. Time is running out for him I fear.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Vampires11":3jbwn9pi said:
Newport 9 without defeat..............maybe we can have their manager????? LOL
As soon as they get anywhere near the playoffs they'll bottle it, 100%. A great firefighter but god help them if they appoint him permanently.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":1pvuuh60 said:
a very soft goal to concede but what a blockbuster by ryan.
A Walton assist?