Brief synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Dec 2, 2010
Croll is not up to this level on what I've seen so far.

By far the worst performance for a long while. Brunt, and Nelson, were the only players to emerge with any credit.

Mystery to me how we let someone like Cox go on loan. Tyler Harvey - why do people think he has a future at the club?

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Steve Evans":1t5wup6i said:
did tyler harvey do well today anybody who was there please?
Tyler was his usual self in that he tried but did very little in terms of making a meaningful contribution.

However, there were a number of players who were even less effective.

Mellor had another of those games that are becoming all too regular.

Wilde was a complete waste of time, why does Adams pick him every week but then drag him off early time and time again? His use of the ball is absolutely dreadful. He never gets past his full back and instead, usually releases the ball too early with a poor cross to nobody or with a pass inside that is easily intercepted or shoots from a ridiculous distance.

Simpson was totally ineffective yet again. Where is the player that was so highly regarded at Crawley?

Tanner ran around a lot but to no effect, constantly giving the ball away from a poor pass or by running straight into defenders. He is a one trick pony who has to cut inside on to his left foot every time, no matter how much space there is outside. He is so easy to play against because he always cuts inside and runs into defenders along the edge of the box, losing possesion and often setting up a counter attack against us; he is the epitome of the headless chicken. When he does get into good areas with time and space via a good pass from Carey, his use of the ball is shocking. He really needs to be left out for a few weeks to think about his game.

Croll had a 'mare today, but he was a young lad up against an old Pro who ran him ragged and gave a masterclass in playing up front on your own; if only Jervis could play like that.

Aug 22, 2006
Lucky draw....pretty much agree with previous posters although I feel it's not all that simple to blame Croll...that's the whole point... if you think about it he was on the ball far too much compared to lets say a midfielder like McHugh who was very poor and Simpson who was worse.... wayward passes are on many occasions as a result of a lack of midfield. The basics are...we miss Boateng....that's all folks.

Walton - 6
Sawyer - 4.5
Nelson - 7
Croll - 5
Mellor - 6

McHugh - 5
Simpson - 4
Carey - 5.5
Tanner - 4
Wylde - 4.5

Jervis - 5

Purrington 5.5
Brunt - 6.5
Harvey -5

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Crap performance. Aimless hoofs and misplaced passes shot us in the foot, I know we've got injuries to key players but we still had a team out there to have beaten Dagenham.

Hopefully the break will do us good and we will come back to the Cambridge stronger. We bloody well need to!

Lost commentary on Argyle Player - the opposition score !!

NOT for the first time either.

Up until then Messrs Sparks and Errington DID their level best to keep the audience entertained as the crass fare being served up on the pitch was unworthy of any serious football comments.

At 1-0, I decided to turn in as it was gone midnight.

Some thoughts of mine at the moment -

Has the bubble burst ?

Is the bubble losing its attraction and buoyancy ?

Is the attention and pressure "at the top" taking its toll ?

Is this squad good enough to counteract absence to key players ?

IF this IS the real chance of "escape to better football", can James Brent be coerced into a "speculate to accumulate" mode a few more times ?

I hear this 2 week break will give us time to regroup/recover/whatever - will it be THAT simple ?

From afar this is your Chinese correspondent signing off......................

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Oct 5, 2013
up_the_line":3arv7nj1 said:
Agreed re Croll. Awful, lackadaisical, weak, wasteful with possession. Bentley can't be worse surely??

Couldn't believe it when Bentley was clearly told he's not good enough, and Croll brought in: why?
Didn't think it did much for team spirit, either.
Good to see we got a draw out of the game with 4 of "our own" on the pitch - Purrington, Walton, Harvey, Nelson - can't beat it, for me.

H

HeathrowJanner

Does anybody know what happened to the bloke who got stretchered out of the away end by the London Ambulance Service?Nice to see Brent walking from his seat in the stand to show his concern and support but not so nice to see/hear the w&@£&rs who thought this was an opportune moment to abuse Brent.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
HeathrowJanner":1utnkxaq said:
Does anybody know what happened to the bloke who got stretchered out of the away end by the London Ambulance Service?Nice to see Brent walking from his seat in the stand to show his concern and support but not so nice to see/hear the w&@£&rs who thought this was an opportune moment to abuse Brent.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Webb1/status/ ... 0386677760

From Chris Webb's Twitter.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
But we won!!!!!! ... article on the club site today...

DESPITE a last-gasp winner in Argyle’s 1-1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge, manager Derek Adams was not about to overlook his side’s sub-par display away from home.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Liam Vercoe":3nwvh7b9 said:
HeathrowJanner":3nwvh7b9 said:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Webb1/status/ ... 0386677760

From Chris Webb's Twitter.

Marvellous gesture. Big round of applause for Mr Chairman. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hope the abusive contingent get to read this and feel very proud of themselves.

Jan 3, 2013
Green Rhino":3em26kjs said:
But we won!!!!!! ... article on the club site today...

DESPITE a last-gasp winner in Argyle’s 1-1 draw with Dagenham & Redbridge, manager Derek Adams was not about to overlook his side’s sub-par display away from home.

How much do these clowns get paid for lazy comments like this? Smacks of shoddy amateurism

mervyn":1cwb1ba8 said:
suggest we change our name to Plymouth Hoofball. We barely strung two passes together second half.

Eventful game for me. I had to sit in the Daggers supporters stand. After ten minutes an elderly guy next to me accused me of being an Argyle fan, which I freely admitted. After a few minutes growing anger from him , and absolute politeness from me during when I told him not to be silly, which wound him up even further, he went off to summon the stewards. They duly arrived, saw that I was not not a young troublemaker (actually 69), had a good laugh with me and went off. Elderly gent failed to return.

Left one minute early and missed the goal!

Seeing as his beloved 'ammers are playing at Old Trafford this afternoon, Alf Garnett obviously had nowhere else to go on a Saturday afternoon.

:scarf:

C

Cobi Budge.

All I heard from Dagenham fans/Dagenham's website & twitter etc was that Brunt's effort took a huge, cruel deflection. I've watched it back a few times, I'm struggling to spot the deflection, if there is one, it's minor, great strike.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cobi Budge.":1sm06jhl said:
All I heard from Dagenham fans/Dagenham's website & twitter etc was that Brunt's effort took a huge, cruel deflection. I've watched it back a few times, I'm struggling to spot the deflection, if there is one, it's minor, great strike.

There was a slight deflection, just enough to confuse the keeper.