Brief synopsis | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
From my angle it was a big deflection it was going downwards and it span up big time.

Can't see any hint on the TV though. Strange.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Exactly the same here. I was right behind the goal, and it seemed to deflect and then go in, in slow motion. Was a bit puzzled to see reports of 'Brunt smashes in last minute equaliser'!

Waraqah":1drkp0zd said:
mervyn":1drkp0zd said:
suggest we change our name to Plymouth Hoofball. We barely strung two passes together second half.

Eventful game for me. I had to sit in the Daggers supporters stand. After ten minutes an elderly guy next to me accused me of being an Argyle fan, which I freely admitted. After a few minutes growing anger from him , and absolute politeness from me during when I told him not to be silly, which wound him up even further, he went off to summon the stewards. They duly arrived, saw that I was not not a young troublemaker (actually 69), had a good laugh with me and went off. Elderly gent failed to return.

Left one minute early and missed the goal!

Seeing as his beloved 'ammers are playing at Old Trafford this afternoon, Alf Garnett obviously had nowhere else to go on a Saturday afternoon.

I think locals would have described him as a bit 'East Ham', that's one stop short of Barking!
:scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From the match highlights it looks like the deflection came off Jervis, he seems to be claiming it as well just as the shot goes in.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
HeathrowJanner":1sappyig said:
Does anybody know what happened to the bloke who got stretchered out of the away end by the London Ambulance Service?Nice to see Brent walking from his seat in the stand to show his concern and support but not so nice to see/hear the w&@£&rs who thought this was an opportune moment to abuse Brent.

Sad but the knobwipes with no class or understanding are clearly amongst the green army, I wonder how many of them would have done the same as JB if they were able and how many would have said shame and just walked on by. I would say it was James Brent with the class and understanding.

Sep 6, 2006
This was a horrendous performance. What it tells us is that we have a very average bunch of players made to look half decent by 3 or 4 quality ones. When they are missing the rest are completely unable to step up to the plate, take any responsibility or in some cases even play like a professional footballer. I wont mention names(apart from Jervis) yesterday because there were so many but the ability to put one pass together let alone two was beyond most. And why oh why Adams persists with playing Jervis as a lone front man when it is blatantly obvious to everybody else he cant play the role I have no idea. I felt sorry for D & R. They 100% deserved to win.Some folk like to put their heads in the sand, blame refs etc for previous performances. We are not the only side to ahve injuries and there have been several times we got lucky and got out of jail in previous poor performances. Accrington & Barnet spring to mind.

C

Cobi Budge.

I'll be honest I don't feel sorry for Dagenham at all & I'm surprised so many do, nothing against them but it's football, it's happened to us many times. Aren't they at fault for either not getting a second or not being able to see the game out? I actually find the sweetest goals are the ones you don't 'deserve'.

It genuinely seems as if some would rather we didn't get that goal to make poor Dagenham feel better.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Balham_Green":5blv0jry said:
This was a horrendous performance. What it tells us is that we have a very average bunch of players made to look half decent by 3 or 4 quality ones. When they are missing the rest are completely unable to step up to the plate, take any responsibility or in some cases even play like a professional footballer. I wont mention names(apart from Jervis) yesterday because there were so many but the ability to put one pass together let alone two was beyond most. And why oh why Adams persists with playing Jervis as a lone front man when it is blatantly obvious to everybody else he cant play the role I have no idea. I felt sorry for D & R. They 100% deserved to win.Some folk like to put their heads in the sand, blame refs etc for previous performances. We are not the only side to ahve injuries and there have been several times we got lucky and got out of jail in previous poor performances. Accrington & Barnet spring to mind.

This post sums it up for me in one go. That performance yesterday was completely unacceptable for a manager who is looking to get his team out of this dogpoo division.... and fully explains why he is off to Scotland looking for re-inforcements........

Aug 15, 2015
PL2 3DQ":31tmk9b9 said:
Steve Evans":31tmk9b9 said:
did tyler harvey do well today anybody who was there please?

Apologies for being harsh but Harvey touched his long hair more times than the ball.

The lack of leaders on the pitch finally caught up with us today. Reid, McCormick and especially Hartley lead and organise, only Nelson did that today.
It's a shame no-one has stepped up, apart from Nelson, during this injury crisis.

A bonus point all day long.

This stood out to me as well during the game. The only person who showed any leadership was Nelson and him and Brunt were the only 2 to emerge with any credit.

Croll is awful. It's quite worrying to see his obvious difficulty in dealing with balls over his head considering the fact that he's a defender. He plays with a half-hearted, uncommitted style. Send him back ASAP ... useless and we don't need players like that here. I'd rather play Bentley. Nowhere near the class of Boateng.

Simpson ... finally realised this guy is best left on the bench. His career peak is over and he's relying on his decent ball control and his composure to see him through but he offers very little. Boateng and McHugh are stronger as a pair.

Wylde needs to learn to defend properly and to mean it. He shirks defensive responsibility in a very sly way.

Shocking performance in difficult conditions. McHugh and Croll had shockers. We could not get any passing going. Also Walton strikes me as timid for such a big bloke. The return of McCormick is needed asap.

Oct 5, 2013
Croll is awful. It's quite worrying to see his obvious difficulty in dealing with balls over his head considering the fact that he's a defender. He plays with a half-hearted, uncommitted style. Send him back ASAP ... useless and we don't need players like that here. I'd rather play Bentley…….

[/quote]

Couldn't understand the emergency drafting in of Croll, and don't understand it even more now.