Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton)

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
monkeywrench":2xy6r5lu said:
Sounds that way but "Premier League striker" is a bit misleading as his 28 senior appearances came at Stockport, Chester and Grimsby.

That said, he has been at Everton since he was 6 so has been well coached but with a lot to learn about senior football.

Jul 29, 2010
Larry David":20wmamuv said:
Definitely a step up in class for the lad from previous loan outings, hopefully he will be up to it.
Best also hope he hasn't got a 'must play' clause, or we're jiggered if he isn't up to it.

Jul 12, 2016
Here we go again.People throwing insults at one another and writing off a potential signing before he has kicked a ball.I admit to being in the "half pint empty" category but even I think that with this addition,Carey resigning and the other acquistions we are looking good for the new season.Give the lad a chance!

E

Electronic

monkeywrench":1qtdr2m8 said:
Beyton_Green":1qtdr2m8 said:
Let's hope he's better than the last Everton striker!!!

To be fair, Chadders was just what we needed when we first re-signed him. Big part of us staying up that season. Until he arrived we has nothing upfront and he beefed it up considerably. We list him to injury for the last part of that season and we were an even worse side without him in it. Goes to show how bad we were at that point.

Whatever Chadders didn't do, he did score the winners away at Reading (last minute) and Sunderland - two great Argyle memories for me.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
X Isle":3um7m3qm said:
Larry David":3um7m3qm said:
Definitely a step up in class for the lad from previous loan outings, hopefully he will be up to it.
Best also hope he hasn't got a 'must play' clause, or we're jiggered if he isn't up to it.
I'm still not convinced those actually exist and weren't just made up by people who didn't like Houghton.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
X Isle":322taypb said:
Larry David":322taypb said:

To be fair mucker I would be staggered if that were the case I can't see DA having that. I think it's a fair enough punt on a young lad who has probably been told to go out and prove himself with us if he wants to get near Evertons first team squad. I can't see how they would be able to dictate terms were not exactly struggling to get anyone in.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I will believe it when I see him waving the scarf.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":3ii6ow2b said:
Here we go again.People throwing insults at one another and writing off a potential signing before he has kicked a ball.I admit to being in the "half pint empty" category but even I think that with this addition,Carey resigning and the other acquistions we are looking good for the new season.Give the lad a chance!
I might be missing your point but I haven't read one post writing him off.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Jutkiewicz was the last loan we had from Everton. Luggy hardly picked him but I do remember him hitting the post in one of his very few appearances

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
bringonthemilkman":nkxis3i0 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Jutkiewicz was the last loan we had from Everton. Luggy hardly picked him but I do remember him hitting the post in one of his very few appearances
Gethin Jones would have been our last loan from Everton, though for last striker Jutkiewicz sounds about right.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Excited about this one if its true. It fits the Derek Adams transfer policy. Player he has watched? - tick , Player motivated with something to prove ?- tick , Player with quality? - Tick (I assume he has quality as he is rated at a Premier league club) - Big, strong lad? - tick, Not a big time charlie, prepared to work hard? - Lets hope thats a tick.

So a strikeforce of Taylor, Blissett, Dyson feels like we have options. Blissett always seemed to make things happen in his limited game time last season. Taylor has the quality for this league and perhaps Dyson can be a revelation?

Then options to play Jervis, Grant or even Ainsworth as a forward player too plus the young lad Fletcher.

I like the feel of the team he is creating, it's a squad where you want them to do well and also improve as players over the season. If we had of signed Lambert I cannot help feeling it would be like watching a testimonial or Legends game with a player past his best.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Beyton_Green":2ejcemn8 said:
Let's hope he's better than the last Everton striker!!!
Beat me to it. Lol.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
in response to the suggestion by X-ISLE regarding "must play clause".i don't think everton would insist on this.they are a highly respected club that respects other clubs/managers.hope this lad signs

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I will welcome the Callum Dyson, but I will not hold my breath regarding his playing success. We have not had major successes with young striker loanees, and I recall Cillian Sheridan of roughly the same age having played 10 or more first team games for Celtic. I appreciate that he did not get to start regularly but he made 14 appearances and did not score once. The only 2 that I can remember as being worthwhile in their youthful effectiveness were Blackstock and Derbyshire. So I wish him well and the 'proof of the pudding' will be demonstrated circa Christmas 2017.