Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton)

B

B23

Quintrell_Green":2azf9iyq said:
I will welcome the Callum Dyson, but I will not hold my breath regarding his playing success. We have not had major successes with young striker loanees, and I recall Cillian Sheridan of roughly the same age having played 10 or more first team games for Celtic. I appreciate that he did not get to start regularly but he made 14 appearances and did not score once. The only 2 that I can remember as being worthwhile in their youthful effectiveness were Blackstock and Derbyshire. So I wish him well and the 'proof of the pudding' will be demonstrated circa Christmas 2017.

Jason Banton almost single handily kept us in the football league. He may not have been an out and out 'striker', but nonetheless he was a very good young loan signing.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Quintrell_Green":3t0d3hlg said:
I will welcome the Callum Dyson, but I will not hold my breath regarding his playing success. We have not had major successes with young striker loanees, and I recall Cillian Sheridan of roughly the same age having played 10 or more first team games for Celtic. I appreciate that he did not get to start regularly but he made 14 appearances and did not score once. The only 2 that I can remember as being worthwhile in their youthful effectiveness were Blackstock and Derbyshire. So I wish him well and the 'proof of the pudding' will be demonstrated circa Christmas 2017.

We were a much different team when Cillian was here... ie. we were terrible.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Divert into Tivvy on way down, sign on the dotted line and pull on the shirt tonight?

Aug 5, 2016
Koala Green":3j7rfdd0 said:
Excited about this one if its true. It fits the Derek Adams transfer policy. Player he has watched? - tick , Player motivated with something to prove ?- tick , Player with quality? - Tick (I assume he has quality as he is rated at a Premier league club) - Big, strong lad? - tick, Not a big time charlie, prepared to work hard? - Lets hope thats a tick.

So a strikeforce of Taylor, Blissett, Dyson feels like we have options. Blissett always seemed to make things happen in his limited game time last season. Taylor has the quality for this league and perhaps Dyson can be a revelation?

Then options to play Jervis, Grant or even Ainsworth as a forward player too plus the young lad Fletcher.

I like the feel of the team he is creating, it's a squad where you want them to do well and also improve as players over the season. If we had of signed Lambert I cannot help feeling it would be like watching a testimonial or Legends game with a player past his best.

Totally agree. Feels like the right kind of signing - a hard working, improving young striker who has impressed at his former loan clubs. Everton have produced some quality young players in recent seasons, so being employed there at the age of 20 shows he has something about him.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Koala Green":36sy2hpo said:
Excited about this one if its true. It fits the Derek Adams transfer policy. Player he has watched? - tick , Player motivated with something to prove ?- tick , Player with quality? - Tick (I assume he has quality as he is rated at a Premier league club) - Big, strong lad? - tick, Not a big time charlie, prepared to work hard? - Lets hope thats a tick.

So a strikeforce of Taylor, Blissett, Dyson feels like we have options. Blissett always seemed to make things happen in his limited game time last season. Taylor has the quality for this league and perhaps Dyson can be a revelation?

Then options to play Jervis, Grant or even Ainsworth as a forward player too plus the young lad Fletcher.

I like the feel of the team he is creating, it's a squad where you want them to do well and also improve as players over the season. If we had of signed Lambert I cannot help feeling it would be like watching a testimonial or Legends game with a player past his best.

I feel we can expect about 10 from Taylor. 10 From Jervis, 10 from Carey.
Bliss is an unknown and so will Dyson be. I really want to see our two young Strikers given some game time too, but let's not expect more than a few goals from them.

So do we gamble on this combination, or Bring in a 4th option (For arguments sake Garita, although not my choice) and push our youngsters down the line, but hope to expect another 10 from the 4th option(Not saying Garita would get 10, just an example)?

I don't think we can afford a proven 20 goal striker, so we have to take a chance somewhere, which way do we take it?

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Have we got him on 60 day trial then full refund if not impressed?.

Jan 27, 2012
Quintrell_Green":2x238ft9 said:

Scott Sinclair ?

G

Greenskin

gaspargomez":zbf0wmge said:
Quintrell_Green":zbf0wmge said:

Scott Sinclair ?

Lavery?

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Greenskin":18piv2tr said:
gaspargomez":18piv2tr said:
Quintrell_Green":18piv2tr said:

Scott Sinclair ?

Lavery?

Threlkeld?

Jul 12, 2016
"Could be a reasonable signing", "Three of four goals from penalties","lets hope he's better than the last Everton striker","hope he hasn't got a must play clause" hardly the sort of comments to encourage the lad.

Aug 5, 2016
Greenskin":21cbmdu3 said:
gaspargomez":21cbmdu3 said:
Quintrell_Green":21cbmdu3 said:

Scott Sinclair ?

Lavery?

Dexter Blackstock

Jul 29, 2010
Knibbsworth":1ocswcrb said:
Greenskin":1ocswcrb said:
gaspargomez":1ocswcrb said:
Quintrell_Green":1ocswcrb said:

Scott Sinclair ?

Lavery?

Dexter Blackstock
Chuck Norris.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
oldage":2d2mp3eu said:
"Could be a reasonable signing", "Three of four goals from penalties","lets hope he's better than the last Everton striker","hope he hasn't got a must play clause" hardly the sort of comments to encourage the lad.

Par for the course on here then. :facepalm:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I got the impression last season that compared to the other PL sides Everton seemed to have a golden crop of young players with the ability to hold their own in men's football. If this lad is from the same production line then we can be assured that he will have been schooled in the right way.