Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Calum Dyson (possible signing from Everton)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Knibbsworth":7bgmr2np said:
Greenskin":7bgmr2np said:
gaspargomez":7bgmr2np said:
Quintrell_Green":7bgmr2np said:
I will welcome the Callum Dyson, but I will not hold my breath regarding his playing success. We have not had major successes with young striker loanees, and I recall Cillian Sheridan of roughly the same age having played 10 or more first team games for Celtic. I appreciate that he did not get to start regularly but he made 14 appearances and did not score once. The only 2 that I can remember as being worthwhile in their youthful effectiveness were Blackstock and Derbyshire. So I wish him well and the 'proof of the pudding' will be demonstrated circa Christmas 2017.

Scott Sinclair ?

Lavery?

Dexter Blackstock
I quoted Lester Blackstock in my original posting, you will note. I accept Lavery as a young striker who I could have included for the short period he was at Argyle. As for Scott Sinclair, I was full of memories of his talent, but I excluded him as he was a classical winger, rather than a classic front 2 striker, like Reuben Reid or TT.

Mar 23, 2008
Sounds a good shout, needed someone else up top and he comes from a good club and will hopefully offer a different option.

Jul 29, 2010
kernow19":ev9rctx9 said:
oldage":ev9rctx9 said:
"Could be a reasonable signing", "Three of four goals from penalties","lets hope he's better than the last Everton striker","hope he hasn't got a must play clause" hardly the sort of comments to encourage the lad.
Par for the course on here then. :facepalm:
What, factual accuracies y'mean?

He COULD be a reasonable signing.

He HAS scored penalties.

We DO hope he's better than Nick Chadwick.

And we DO hope he doesn't have a must play clause, we hope no-one ever has one of them.

What are we supposed to say?...

"Calum, we've never seen you before but it sounds like you've got potential. So to encourage you further, which of our daughters would you like as a token of our fawning welcome, take as many as you like".

Honestly, snowflakes :roll:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
oldage":iwbnn389 said:
"Could be a reasonable signing", "Three of four goals from penalties","lets hope he's better than the last Everton striker","hope he hasn't got a must play clause" hardly the sort of comments to encourage the lad.
Fair point, though the three out of four were penalties wasn't intended to be negative, I was trying to point out he looks a decent penalty taker.

Jul 12, 2016
Xisle,You want facts! He's just been voted young player of the year at Grimsby and scores regularly for a Premiership U23 side .Surely it is better to welcome the lad and highlight his strengths rather than question his ability.Your comments are largely hypothetical and as such are pointless

Jan 3, 2017
Not knocking the player here, i'd never heard of him til today so will reserve judgment. But the Herald celebrating his Young Player of the Year award at Grimsby is a joke. At the time of the vote, no other young player had played a single minute for them last season.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Remember him putting himself about against us in the last game of the season, physical presence and bags of enthusiasm with what looked like a bit of ability too. Hopefully he'll become our loanee, we could do a lot worse.

B

Bonehead

oldage":dd0q3z18 said:
Xisle,You want facts! He's just been voted young player of the year at Grimsby and scores regularly for a Premiership U23 side .Surely it is better to welcome the lad and highlight his strengths rather than question his ability.Your comments are largely hypothetical and as such are pointless
At least he is consistent with his sarcastic, self opionated drivel. We know what to expect from this guy.

Aug 15, 2008
He is no donkey. A hungry talented youngster with an opportunity to make his name albeit in league one.

Jul 29, 2010
oldage":8pfj1z1t said:
Rubbish. No-one has been 'unwelcoming' on this thread, folk have just said what they think about the information available to them. All the quotes you highlighted as negative are not, they're accurate assessments of what's available to us.

He looks a good prospect, no-one wants him to be anything other than a rip roaring success at Argyle. But to simply hail a previously largely unheard of player as some sort of messiah is the same sort of blind 'ask no questions' happy clappiness that irks us so from GA84.

If he signs good luck to the lad, those of us who stated those remarks welcome him, no question. But he's gonna have to prove himself every bit as much as any other signing this summer. If he curls up and cries because some fans on an internet messageboard weren't falling over themselves to lay palm leaves on his path then he's not gonna amount to much is he.

I suspect he's a stronger character than that and look forward to seeing it.

May 21, 2015
Another point to make is I doubt we're paying much (if any) in the way of wages for the lad. Might mean additional funds to snaffle whoever the final signing will be.
Interested to see how Dyson gets on anyway.

Sep 7, 2006
plymouth1970":2nes1i3j said:
oldage":2nes1i3j said:
At least he is consistent with his sarcastic, self opionated drivel. We know what to expect from this guy.

Seems a bit excessive...also, it's a message board, so isn't everyone on here, by definition, opinionated?

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
All I can remember from the Grimsby game is them blowing chance after chance. However I have no idea if this guy was guilty?

Jan 3, 2013
X Isle":33h2y1a3 said:
oldage":33h2y1a3 said:
Rubbish. No-one has been 'unwelcoming' on this thread, folk have just said what they think about the information available to them. All the quotes you highlighted as negative are not, they're accurate assessments of what's available to us.

He looks a good prospect, no-one wants him to be anything other than a rip roaring success at Argyle. But to simply hail a previously largely unheard of player as some sort of messiah is the same sort of blind 'ask no questions' happy clappiness that irks us so from GA84.

If he signs good luck to the lad, those of us who stated those remarks welcome him, no question. But he's gonna have to prove himself every bit as much as any other signing this summer. If he curls up and cries because some fans on an internet messageboard weren't falling over themselves to lay palm leaves on his path then he's not gonna amount to much is he.

I suspect he's a stronger character than that and look forward to seeing it.

Very well said

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Beyton_Green":7xnb58jz said:
All I can remember from the Grimsby game is them blowing chance after chance. However I have no idea if this guy was guilty?
Watched the highlights on youtube, don't think he touched the ball in that video, so can't help you there.