Cambridge away | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cambridge away

C

Cobi Budge.

Yep Chris, that York away match was honestly the worst match I've ever been to, home and away, and I've been to the majority of matches, home and away, since 2002.

It was such an anti-climax, we were on a great run, we'd beaten Exeter just a couple of days beforehand, and we just folded. Every player looked like they were carrying an injury, Cowan Hall's performance that day was the worst I've ever seen from any Plymouth Argyle player, and Blanchard was also a disaster.

We never got going, didn't test their keeper properly once in the match, York hadn't won in god knows how many games, they were experiencing a diabolical run, yet they were tearing us apart.

650 or so Argyle fans, standing freezing cold on that terrace in silence, 2 0 down at half time with absolutely no hope in hell.

Then to top it off, a few players had 'words' with the fans at full time when being booed, they deserved no applause that day I'm afraid, and Sheridan's post match interview could be summarised by the word "disgusted", exactly how I felt. Not one player could merit higher than a 4/10 that day.

That was not a pleasant coach trip home.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Worst ever was Watford away in our CCC relegation year - but I won't mention it for fear that X-Isle will get apoplexy at the mere mention of the game and we get a (well deserved) tirade about Cnuyt Kenningham! I am actually mentally scared by the experience and have been in counselling ever since.
A lengthy sojourn on the M25 that evening is a contributory factor to this scarring and is the subject of the first chapter in my long awaited book entitled "Speechless at Gordano - as if talking would gnikcuf help".

C

Cobi Budge.

I still think York was worse, but I was at that game as well, and yes, you are right, it was very very bad.

1500 Argyle fans at Watford, all let down big time.

I remember a point in the game we were continuously hoofing the ball to Alan Judge, the smallest player on the field.

Mariner was a truly awful manager I'm afraid.

Fletcher had more tactical nous than Mariner.

C

Cobi Budge.

Agreed. We played excellently at Burton, Joe Bryan and Banton were tearing them apart, they had nothing in the game.

What we did wrong was try too hard to win the game, we piled everybody forward for a late corner, left ourselves exposed, they countered and scored.

Burton fans choose not to celebrate their goals for some reason, so still, even when we scored, all you could hear was argyle fans :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Green Rhino":3201fkc9 said:
Worst ever was Watford away in our CCC relegation year - but I won't mention it for fear that X-Isle will get apoplexy at the mere mention of the game and we get a (well deserved) tirade about Cnuyt Kenningham! I am actually mentally scared by the experience and have been in counselling ever since.
A lengthy sojourn on the M25 that evening is a contributory factor to this scarring and is the subject of the first chapter in my long awaited book entitled "Speechless at Gordano - as if talking would gnikcuf help".

One of my worst away games as well, the "performance" of BWP in that game is the worst I've ever seen from an Argyle player.

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
Does anyone know when tickets are out as I'm not in Plymouth from 26th July onwards so wouldn't be able to buy the coach tickets which require you to pay by cash in the club shop so may become a bit of a problem,
if anyone knows it would be much appreciated thanks :thumbup:

N

NorfolkGreen

PAFC95":3v5dur1v said:
Does anyone know when tickets are out as I'm not in Plymouth from 26th July onwards so wouldn't be able to buy the coach tickets which require you to pay by cash in the club shop so may become a bit of a problem,
if anyone knows it would be much appreciated thanks :thumbup:

:clap: valid attempt to get it back on topic.

Guess which week I am coming to Devon? I thought first game of the season I'll be in Plymouth if they are home and so long as it's not Cambridge away, I don't mind missing an away game :doh:

NorfolkGreen":3crigcqg said:
Guess which week I am coming to Devon? I thought first game of the season I'll be in Plymouth if they are home and so long as it's not Cambridge away, I don't mind missing an away game :doh:

Can sympathise there NG, I had a lucky escape though - we're back in Devon late August ;)

By the way, anybody know when tickets are on sale?

Mar 3, 2008
Keep Calm - Cambridge Tickets on Sale to Members 10am Weds 23rd July. :thumbup:
Just phoned box office.

Better be a decent pre-season performance as i will get so much stick. My neck of the woods - staying with bro 10 miles up road and he just loves a urine take.

Mar 3, 2008
Knarf Reprah":xmd7g2ce said:
Pre season at Cambridge?

:lol: :lol: - Ooops - good spot - meant FIRST GAME, was talking about pre-season tickets at the same time as typing - need a holiday :coat:

C

Cobi Budge.

Just got my tickets, 200 sold, unreserved seating, that's how it should be :scarf: