Car Park Full Very Early? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park Full Very Early?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
metroace":2gr8n4i8 said:
So would it not assist all of us if there was some enforcement around the "no park and ride" usage when Argyle are playing? Stewards around from say 9am on a match day turning away those who are not attending the match, perhaps. Or actually closing the car park with barriers until a later time such as midday when stewards could then be at the gates.

Well you live and learn.

A £7 charge for Saturdays would bring in a few bob and make the non footy parkers use elsewhere

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
What about people that work at argyle? They're gonna have to pay if they want to park? Stupid idea,
leave it as it is, if you get there an there's no spaces so be it.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":drhzf2q2 said:
metroace":drhzf2q2 said:
So would it not assist all of us if there was some enforcement around the "no park and ride" usage when Argyle are playing? Stewards around from say 9am on a match day turning away those who are not attending the match, perhaps. Or actually closing the car park with barriers until a later time such as midday when stewards could then be at the gates.

Well you live and learn.

A £7 charge for Saturdays would bring in a few bob and make the non footy parkers use elsewhere

Have to show a season or match ticket.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mike Greening":3lcsqh16 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3lcsqh16 said:
metroace":3lcsqh16 said:

Well you live and learn.

Have to show a season or match ticket.

Free parking for season ticket holders!!!??? I didn't mean the club to get the money. I doubt Argyle would cough up to subsidise such an idea. With councils being hard pressed on budgets, it would be a reasonable scheme.

Oct 16, 2016
Keepitgreen":fazq8wav said:
Shankster":fazq8wav said:
Could be missing something here but why not simply park in allocated bays at the free car park 200 yds away behind the lifecentre?

Or is this not cricket?

It's for Life Centre users only. I'm sure they have security there when we're playing at home.

Nope......

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Darren Stoneman":2e7b37gh said:
Nothing I love more than a parking thread!!!!
Okay Darren, what's the regs for the Life Centre car park? Did they bring in the proposed 2 hour limit? Unless using the LC when the car details could be passed to them?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
katkin":3cazc1n6 said:
Keepitgreen":3cazc1n6 said:
Shankster":3cazc1n6 said:
Could be missing something here but why not simply park in allocated bays at the free car park 200 yds away behind the lifecentre?

Or is this not cricket?
It's for Life Centre users only. I'm sure they have security there when we're playing at home.

Its a central park car park so not for life centre users. they have people there trying to put argyle fans off from parking there i think but they can't actually stop you. its get busy quickly though.
I expect in a few years there will be a time limit but then that wouldn't work considering its a central park car park
I stand corrected although I recall reading last year that the council were on about bringing the time limit in. Don't know if they have yet.

S

swendies

Life Centre car park is only for swimmers and athletes, Shankster!!!

T

Tynan's Dad

I tend to arrive around 1:30/1:45 and usually get one of the last spots in the car park. Plenty of street parking within a 10min walk though and often quicker after the game than queueing to get out of the car park.

D

Darren Stoneman

As of the 16th Feb the P&R car park has an off street order which is not superceded by any agreement PAFC may have to use it on match day, this is on no way linked to the P&R and is a public car park. The Mayflower B car park is operated under licence and agreement by PCC on behalf of Everyone Active, this currently has no time limit and can be used by park users, however the Lifecentre can request a change to the order to restrict time etc should they deem as such, one thing all should remember park within a marked bay!!!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Darren Stoneman":36u9syn1 said:
As of the 16th Feb the P&R car park has an off street order which is not superceded by any agreement PAFC may have to use it on match day, this is on no way linked to the P&R and is a public car park. The Mayflower B car park is operated under licence and agreement by PCC on behalf of Everyone Active, this currently has no time limit and can be used by park users, however the Lifecentre can request a change to the order to restrict time etc should they deem as such, one thing all should remember park within a marked bay!!!
The council said this 13 months ago Darren:

A rotation system is also being proposed for the Life Centre car park, with a maximum stay of two hours and no return for two hours. Life Centre customers will be able to register their vehicle for a longer stay if needed.

No movement on that then?

D

Darren Stoneman

Keepitgreen":1t7eitds said:
Darren Stoneman":1t7eitds said:
The council said this 13 months ago Darren:

A rotation system is also being proposed for the Life Centre car park, with a maximum stay of two hours and no return for two hours. Life Centre customers will be able to register their vehicle for a longer stay if needed.

No movement on that then?

No we undertook a significant consultation and at that stage the customers of the Lifecentre did not want a time limit, it was therefore removed from the proposal, this will however be reconsidered should the Lifecentre request it.