Car Park Full Very Early? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park Full Very Early?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Darren Stoneman....with the council looking to increase revenue to offset cuts imposed by the government in local council budgets,why is there no match day charge for parking at home park.Argyle must be one, if not the only car park in the country adjacent to a football ground that does not charge for parking on a matchday.(Wembley for example charged £35 per car at the play off final)This is utterly absurd when the council tax payers of plymouth are now having to put up with cuts in services including closure of libraries. If a fee of £5 per car were charged on match days it could help the local finances no end. So why do the council not charge for parking on match days?

D

Darren Stoneman

I believe that this was discussed a number of years ago (way before my time), not sure as to the reasons why, suggest you email your ward councillor, they will welcome any suggestions :)

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
BudeGreen73":241vtksh said:
I used to go to every home match a few years back and never had a problem getting a parking space. I moved away so obviously didn't go to games but I've move back now and go to almost every home game. It seems now the car park is full by 1.00. Why is that? It doesn't seem the gate is bigger in general...

Your not allowed to bring this subject up. I did, with a suggestion that PCC don't use the this park and ride facility on match days, also the shortfall in income could be made up of charging people like me to use the car park (something I would gladly do bearing in mind the longish journey it takes for me to get to home park). Any way I was laughed at, mostly by people I suspect are 'I'm alright Jack' so flip you, or like Daz who thinks my posts on the subject were ridiculous.
My main point was that the lack of car parking on match days at the ground, was putting people off coming, especially if any of them have disabilities.
On a Saturday, being a 'non working day' surly there's more city centre parking available,I think there's a workable solution, but as our fellow fans couldn't give a flip about us and even mock, I doubt fan power will sort this one: :scarf:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
It does need sorting out quickly because if it doesn't it will get chaotic as we move up the divisions. Fair enough re charging to use the P&R carpark at Milehouse as long that happens at all carparks Monday to Saturday. Sooner or later some sort of control on matchdays will be needed.

Jan 3, 2013
So how do you differentiate between p and r customers and Argo fans? I reckon they should charge the prawn sandwich brigade in higher home park car park too

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Whilst on parking, Plymouth is very lax on marking for street parking. In many parts of the city, road markings and signs do not fully comply with legislation requirements for them to enforce fines. There are double yellow lines without plate signs which have to be in place unless they are in a controlled zone that is clearly signposted at all entry and exit points. Some plates are displaying the wrong traffic sign of a complete plain red circle which appears nowhere in the Highway Code. Some of the yellow lines are less than the required 75mm width. This doesn't stop them issuing tickets though. Make sure you check before you pay up because if any of these are not in place, the fine is not enforceable and you can appeal.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Knarf Reprah":3w46jmnr said:
So how do you differentiate between p and r customers and Argo fans? I reckon they should charge the prawn sandwich brigade in higher home park car park too

I believe they would have either a season ticket, or a match-day ticket either for in the home or away stands.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":30y2sm1n said:
But how would the p and r people be able to not pay....

I think the suggestion is that on a Saturday, according to signs P&R is not in operation. Anyone using the car park would have to pay, whether going to town, the Life Centre or the football.

Oct 11, 2014
The car park is not for P & R use on match days, but the buses still pick up and drop off by Outland Road, so people still use it for P & R

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
oddball":2ymvbxej said:
Darren Stoneman....with the council looking to increase revenue to offset cuts imposed by the government in local council budgets,why is there no match day charge for parking at home park.Argyle must be one, if not the only car park in the country adjacent to a football ground that does not charge for parking on a matchday.(Wembley for example charged £35 per car at the play off final)This is utterly absurd when the council tax payers of plymouth are now having to put up with cuts in services including closure of libraries. If a fee of £5 per car were charged on match days it could help the local finances no end. So why do the council not charge for parking on match days?

Still not a car owner then Alf?

Jan 3, 2013
Rich McLean":3s4c7k6b said:
The car park is not for P & R use on match days, but the buses still pick up and drop off by Outland Road, so people still use it for P & R

Of course it is!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":3hem804y said:
Rich McLean":3hem804y said:

Of course it is!
It's not Frank:

You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H).

Plymouth.Gov.UK

Jan 3, 2013
Keepitgreen":e4wswcvf said:
Knarf Reprah":e4wswcvf said:
Rich McLean":e4wswcvf said:

Of course it is!
It's not Frank:

You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H).

Plymouth.Gov.UK
well everyone still does!

May 8, 2011
oddball":3ltcxrjn said:

The City Council used to charge for parking in the car parks but it was stopped because
1) The income raised didn't cover costs
2) Encourage people to park in the car park rather than street parking in Beacon Park, Stoke, Peverell.

If the Council brought in charges for the car park they would probably bring in resident parking only zones for matchdays in the area around Central Park, these are common around lots of football grounds, so as to encourage people to use the car park.