Car Park Full Very Early? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park Full Very Early?

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
John Cooper":2zvsmeig said:
Very little is free nowadays and people are promoting giving it up?
Believe it or not 'locals' use the park and ride as the regular bus service. Matchdays I often walk from my house, catch P&R at home park, into town, few beers, P&R back for the match.
It's free, don't knock it. It's a bit like football hooligans, the minority could f**k it up for the majority.

Sorry John, but I think the majority would be people willing to pay to park, not those going for a few beers.

Dec 3, 2005
oddball":bgu39hl7 said:
Darren Stoneman....with the council looking to increase revenue to offset cuts imposed by the government in local council budgets,why is there no match day charge for parking at home park.Argyle must be one, if not the only car park in the country adjacent to a football ground that does not charge for parking on a matchday.(Wembley for example charged £35 per car at the play off final)This is utterly absurd when the council tax payers of plymouth are now having to put up with cuts in services including closure of libraries. If a fee of £5 per car were charged on match days it could help the local finances no end. So why do the council not charge for parking on match days?

Do you think drivers will pay that much to park outside the ground? It will cause even MORE congestion in the surrounding areas and I doubt the people living in the streets/roads aurround Central park will be in favour of such an idea - as quite a few drivers will look around to find free parking and dump there car wherever they can.