Car Park Full Very Early? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park Full Very Early?

Jan 15, 2017
I'd get the council bringing in resident parking zones to encourage people to use the car park if there were spaces but that was the point of my original post. It's full by 1.00.

May 8, 2011
BudeGreen73":2j4d2q7n said:
I'd get the council bringing in resident parking zones to encourage people to use the car park if there were spaces but that was the point of my original post. It's full by 1.00.

If the Council charged it wouldn't be full at 3pm.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
BudeGreen73":hy2iyu0c said:

No thanks. That would mean me paying £30 a year for privilege of parking outside my house.

Oct 16, 2016
BudeGreen73":16jq0oms said:

Get there early, we do

Jan 15, 2017
I do get there early (park up and go and get some food). I'm not suggesting residents parking charges or car park charges. Just curious as to why it was full so early when it didn't use to be (in my memory anyway).

May 16, 2016
BudeGreen73":nvv8zvmk said:

If the car park remained free in this case, then it would fill up even earlier and cause traffic chaos in the surrounding area.

Oct 16, 2016
BudeGreen73":13s34p9l said:
I do get there early (park up and go and get some food). I'm not suggesting residents parking charges or car park charges. Just curious as to why it was full so early when it didn't use to be (in my memory anyway).

I think they've tightened up parking in other locations near the ground. It's difficult to get away sharpish from P&R so people would park in other areas to avoid this, now they're forced to use correct parking hence the volume in the P&R

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":ubgnrms0 said:
Keepitgreen":ubgnrms0 said:
Knarf Reprah":ubgnrms0 said:
Rich McLean":ubgnrms0 said:
The car park is not for P & R use on match days, but the buses still pick up and drop off by Outland Road, so people still use it for P & R

Of course it is!
It's not Frank:

You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H).

Plymouth.Gov.UK
well everyone still does!

Thats exactly what Rich Mclean was saying when you jumped in 2 footed.

Oct 11, 2014
Simple solution is to force Stagecoach to send the buses RA along Outland road (non stop). Once normals know the bus no longer stops there, the parking situation will improve.

Important to remember that most families going into town won't bother looking and wouldn't have a clue when Argyle have a game, let alone at home.

May 8, 2011
Rich McLean":2y6kl2tg said:
Simple solution is to force Stagecoach to send the buses RA along Outland road (non stop). Once normals know the bus no longer stops there, the parking situation will improve.

Important to remember that most families going into town won't bother looking and wouldn't have a clue when Argyle have a game, let alone at home.

Would be a bit inconvenient for the Argyle fans who park at the George P&R and get the bus in.

Oct 11, 2014
HC Green":3164ajhl said:
Rich McLean":3164ajhl said:

Would be a bit inconvenient for the Argyle fans who park at the George P&R and get the bus in.

It would, but the parking issue would remain if those P&R buses continue to stop there, as normals would still use the car park for P&R on match days, unless the car park was closed off until 1200

Jan 3, 2013
Daz":xu0waak1 said:
Knarf Reprah":xu0waak1 said:
Keepitgreen":xu0waak1 said:
Knarf Reprah":xu0waak1 said:
Rich McLean":xu0waak1 said:
The car park is not for P & R use on match days, but the buses still pick up and drop off by Outland Road, so people still use it for P & R

Of course it is!
It's not Frank:

You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H).

Plymouth.Gov.UK
well everyone still does!

Thats exactly what Rich Mclean was saying when you jumped in 2 footed.

What I meant was that p and r people STILL use the car park on Saturdays regardless

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Very little is free nowadays and people are promoting giving it up?
Believe it or not 'locals' use the park and ride as the regular bus service. Matchdays I often walk from my house, catch P&R at home park, into town, few beers, P&R back for the match.
It's free, don't knock it. It's a bit like football hooligans, the minority could f**k it up for the majority.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Shankster":2xgq0oqm said:
BudeGreen73":2xgq0oqm said:

Get there early, we do

Shanks, for you to get there early, what time do you leave home? Not saying you haven't got a long journey to HP and commitments etc. But if you have, like many do, getting there early isn't an option.