Car Park | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park

May 16, 2016
Mork":1wo9bwpp said:
Guiri Green":1wo9bwpp said:
Shankster":1wo9bwpp said:
Shankster":1wo9bwpp said:
Just lazy, slovenliness. You can park safely and without upsetting residents within minutes walk of the ground

The infirm/ disabled supporters should have priority to the disabled parking areas closer to the ground.

Park in areas you shouldn't? get a ticket

There isn't an enough disabled parking spaces there are already taken up by the park and riders.

How long does it take you to get home park?

What time do you finish work on Saturday?

I'll wager you're talking sheeite

I'll wager, you couldn't give a flying flip about your fellow Pilgrims, just as long numero uno is ok!

Which, I'd wager, is at the bottom of your car park mank. You're numer uno is not ok. It's not your fellow Pilgrims fault that there's no reserved Blue Badge spot just for your exclusive use on matchdays.

What are you going on about? For the record I'm not a blue badge holder.

Ok. So you're angry because you got a ticket for parking outside of a designated bay, because they moved the parking goal posts.

I don't have a Blue Badge either but quite often my family passengers do. There's never enough spaces anywhere. I drop them off and park elsewhere.

Oct 16, 2016
Mork":ooumjhvx said:
SteelCannon":ooumjhvx said:
Mork":ooumjhvx said:
SteelCannon":ooumjhvx said:
Doesn't matter! If you're not parked in a bay, then you're not parked legally. Some people need to get out of this habit where they think they can rock up at the ground 15 mins before KO and park anywhere they want. Want to drive to the game? Get there earlier. Sometimes a bit of sacrifice is required.
You've no idea, do you?

What exactly is it I don't have an idea about? Really intrigued.

"Sometimes a bit of sacrifice is required" Argyle is a broad church with Pilgrims coming far & wide. Quite often it's those who sacrifice the most, who loose out to people who sacrifice the least. Then to add insult, you end up with a parking ticket for parking in the same spot that's been fine for the previous god knows how many years.

This is an exercise in the council making money. The "free" car park is a farce. The sooner they bring in charging for the spaces the better. Then you might get rid of those casual parkers who flip it up for the rest. I could go on & on, it's been done on previous threads....

Weird

Lundan Cabbie

โšช๏ธ Pasoti Visitor โšช๏ธ
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mork":135i3btp said:
SteelCannon":135i3btp said:
Mork":135i3btp said:
SteelCannon":135i3btp said:
Doesn't matter! If you're not parked in a bay, then you're not parked legally. Some people need to get out of this habit where they think they can rock up at the ground 15 mins before KO and park anywhere they want. Want to drive to the game? Get there earlier. Sometimes a bit of sacrifice is required.
You've no idea, do you?

"Sometimes a bit of sacrifice is required" Argyle is a broad church with Pilgrims coming far & wide. Quite often it's those who sacrifice the most, who loose out to people who sacrifice the least. Then to add insult, you end up with a parking ticket for parking in the same spot that's been fine for the previous god knows how many years.

This is an exercise in the council making money. The "free" car park is a farce. The sooner they bring in charging for the spaces the better. Then you might get rid of those casual parkers who flip it up for the rest. I could go on & on, it's been done on previous threads....

To say that in the past it has been okay to park outside of a bay is a weak argument.

It's like saying "I got done for doing 40mph in a 30mph zone yet I have driven along that stretch of road many a time at 40mph without getting a ticket."

Mork

๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
I agree it's a weak argument. The parking at HP on match days had become a joke though.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Im not that angry about receiving a ticket, I can honestly say I didn't realise and won't make the mistake again.
I've been banging on about the car park for donkeys. Once upon a time you used to be able to park in it, now it's full or near to full, hours before the kick off. Not great if you're traveling a bit of a distance and need to park close.
The bigger picture is, some people are put off coming to Argyle at all. For them it's the straw that breaks the camels back. When you consider, the time, the money, etc it's understandable.
I want fans to flock to Home Park. Making the club aware of the parking issue, can't do any harm, can it?
The club might have its hands tied, but then again....

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Shankster":2hkfx7hf said:
Mork":2hkfx7hf said:
SteelCannon":2hkfx7hf said:
Mork":2hkfx7hf said:
SteelCannon":2hkfx7hf said:
You've no idea, do you?

Weird

Well in my part of the world, it's one and all. I'm voicing the opinions of some of our missing fans. What I'm arguing for doesn't necessarily affect me. But the parking issue, is one of the reasons why some people who travel a long way to get to HP, aren't coming anymore.
If you think I'm weird, Ansome!

Oct 16, 2016
Mork":37nkrunm said:
Shankster":37nkrunm said:
SteelCannon":37nkrunm said:
SteelCannon":37nkrunm said:
You've no idea, do you?

Weird

Well in my part of the world, it's one and all. I'm voicing the opinions of some of our missing fans. What I'm arguing for doesn't necessarily affect me. But the parking issue, is one of the reasons why some people who travel a long way to get to HP, aren't coming anymore.
If you think I'm weird, Ansome!

It's a pile of nonsense. There isn't a club in the land where you can park almost on top of the ground FOR FREE!

Of where the majority of land around it doesn't have imposed parking restrictions on match days.

Get to the ground early. Or stop the lazy arsed parking in areas you shouldn't.

Very straightforward

Lundan Cabbie

โšช๏ธ Pasoti Visitor โšช๏ธ
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mork":1wpijbw3 said:
Im not that angry about receiving a ticket, I can honestly say I didn't realise and won't make the mistake again.
I've been banging on about the car park for donkeys. Once upon a time you used to be able to park in it, now it's full or near to full, hours before the kick off. Not great if you're traveling a bit of a distance and need to park close.
The bigger picture is, some people are put off coming to Argyle at all. For them it's the straw that breaks the camels back. When you consider, the time, the money, etc it's understandable.
I want fans to flock to Home Park. Making the club aware of the parking issue, can't do any harm, can it?

If fans were to flock to HP again then the car park will fill even earlier surely? There is plenty of street parking available. I live in Stoke and have never really noticed additional parking on matchdays, even back in the Championship days. Of course that's no good for disabled supporters but there's a shortage of disabled spaces everywhere, not just close to football stadiums.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Shankster, I leave work early as it is, set off for HP at 11.30. By 1.30 when I get there it's full. For lots of years we may have had to good. But we've gone from extreme to another, if PCC could come to an agreement with PAFC for match days only, we'd all be happy. Unless of course you don't like exiled Argyle fans using the car park? Maybe you work for PCC.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Lundan Cabbie":2c5796zx said:
Mork":2c5796zx said:

If fans were to flock to HP again then the car park will fill even earlier surely? There is plenty of street parking available. I live in Stoke and have never really noticed additional parking on matchdays, even back in the Championship days. Of course that's no good for disabled supporters but there's a shortage of disabled spaces everywhere, not just close to football stadiums.

Or, the car park is only used for football traffic on match days, simple!

Oct 11, 2014
The only way to combat it is to close the car park until midday on Saturday matchdays and then charge for parking thereafter. Else park and riders will continue to use it Saturday mornings and catch bus from Outland road, where it is near full by 1200 currently

justanotherfan

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
๐ŸŽซ S.T. Donor ๐ŸŽซ
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
๐Ÿš‘ Steve Hooper
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Mork, you`re better than this, Shankster is dangling the bait and you`re biting like a three badge pirhana fish.

Mork

Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
justanotherfan":1fhm6o00 said:
Mork, you`re better than this, Shankster is dangling the bait and you`re biting like a three badge pirhana fish.

Ok fair enough, I bow out, for now!