Car Park | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park

Oct 16, 2016
justanotherfan":q06nqpxj said:
Mork, you`re better than this, Shankster is dangling the bait and you`re biting like a three badge pirhana fish.

I only ever made it to two badges before medical discharge (no good conduct medal either)

Aug 2, 2011
What on earth are people whinging on about. Most football clubs do not have a carpark immediately next to the stadium. For many fans in a he country it is a question of wll I find a spot somewhere near the ground. Argyle fans have had it so good it is amazing. Just get on with it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Mork":qo4fh8t1 said:
Lundan Cabbie":qo4fh8t1 said:
Mork":qo4fh8t1 said:
Im not that angry about receiving a ticket, I can honestly say I didn't realise and won't make the mistake again.
I've been banging on about the car park for donkeys. Once upon a time you used to be able to park in it, now it's full or near to full, hours before the kick off. Not great if you're traveling a bit of a distance and need to park close.
The bigger picture is, some people are put off coming to Argyle at all. For them it's the straw that breaks the camels back. When you consider, the time, the money, etc it's understandable.
I want fans to flock to Home Park. Making the club aware of the parking issue, can't do any harm, can it?
The club might have its hands tied, but then again....

If fans were to flock to HP again then the car park will fill even earlier surely? There is plenty of street parking available. I live in Stoke and have never really noticed additional parking on matchdays, even back in the Championship days. Of course that's no good for disabled supporters but there's a shortage of disabled spaces everywhere, not just close to football stadiums.

Or, the car park is only used for football traffic on match days, simple!

As people have said though, how could you tell which car is for football and which is for shopping? They could (and should) introduce a charge but even then if shoppers still chose to fill the car park by mid-day then that's tough. First come, first served. It's not as if it is Argyle's car park.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jimsing":39alv3h4 said:
The shoppers pay for the car park as part of their bus ride fee.

Apparently though, the signs in the car park suggest that it doesn't operate as a Park n Ride on Argyle Saturday match days. Despite this, shoppers still use it as the George P&R buses still stop on Outland Road. If the Council charged £5 on these Saturdays then shoppers might prefer to use the George facility.

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Lundan Cabbie":znwgu1fd said:
jimsing":znwgu1fd said:

Apparently though, the signs in the car park suggest that it doesn't operate as a Park n Ride on Argyle Saturday match days. Despite this, shoppers still use it as the George P&R buses still stop on Outland Road. If the Council charged £5 on these Saturdays then shoppers might prefer to use the George facility.

Says it on the council webisite too.

"You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H)."

tonsk

Feb 8, 2005
tonsk":2392ohr4 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2392ohr4 said:
jimsing":2392ohr4 said:

Says it on the council webisite too.

"You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road. Check the Plymouth Argyle fixture list (home games are marked with an H)."

tonsk

Oh but they can, and they do!

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Good job only die hards attend home park, otherwise it could be bedlem. Get a grip, don't park correctly you get fined simple. I dint know of any instructing school saying park as you like, don't break the rules

May 16, 2016
What if I was going into town first on a matchday ?

New shirt in Debenhams, some anniversary cards from the cheap card shops, bit of lunch then back for the game.

I'd never be sure just who I'm upsetting. The Council Car Park rule setters or Argyle fans who can never find a space.

It's not a straightforward problem is it ? Not sure I could handle the double guilt feelings. I'll probably order online and listen to Argyle Player at home.

Oct 16, 2016
Lancastergreen":3g4gocl6 said:
Good job only die hards attend home park, otherwise it could be bedlem. Get a grip, don't park correctly you get fined simple. I dint know of any instructing school saying park as you like, don't break the rules

Beautiful

Straight forward, stop cry arsing and park where you should

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Shankster":nhlrb993 said:
It's a park and ride car park. The shoppers should have first dibs.

But it isn't.

All the signs say it is a P&R only when Argyle are NOT playing. If you got to the PCC webpage for the P&R at https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandt ... arkandride you will see this statement:

"You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road."

Oct 16, 2016
metroace":11woghtd said:
Shankster":11woghtd said:
It's a park and ride car park. The shoppers should have first dibs.

But it isn't.

All the signs say it is a P&R only when Argyle are NOT playing. If you got to the PCC webpage for the P&R at https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandt ... arkandride you will see this statement:

"You can't park at this site when Plymouth Argyle are playing, but the bus service still runs from Outland Road."

It's a free car park. Should people be frisked on entry? The life centre shouldn't be used for match day parking but is.

Simple fact: get there early, park properly or get a ticket

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
I really can't understand all the bellyaching here. The amount of on-street parking around Home Park is far better than most away grounds I've been to. It's also very well-served with buses, and is a 15-20 minute walk from a major train station.

Chuck in a free car park right outside the ground, even if it's one that you might have to get to early if you want a guaranteed space, and I think we're spoilt for parking/public transport down here. People love to moan.