Car Park | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Car Park

Apr 15, 2015
If the no Park & Riders rule is to be enforced, only sensible way I can see is season ticket holders get an all season voucher to put in windscreen. Advance ticket purchasers get a dated voucher to display - the print at home ticket could be altered (although copying could be an issue). If you just turn up on the day you pay a fee - £5 or even £10. This gets you a voucher - half goes in windscreen and the other half can be redeemed against a match ticket. All vouchers state they show entitlement to park but don't guarantee a space

Make sure the signs are clear and then let PCC loose on the car park during the game. No voucher and you get a penalty ticket.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Hooe Green":1iz7avs8 said:
If the no Park & Riders rule is to be enforced, only sensible way I can see is season ticket holders get an all season voucher to put in windscreen. Advance ticket purchasers get a dated voucher to display - the print at home ticket could be altered (although copying could be an issue). If you just turn up on the day you pay a fee - £5 or even £10. This gets you a voucher - half goes in windscreen and the other half can be redeemed against a match ticket. All vouchers state they show entitlement to park but don't guarantee a space

Make sure the signs are clear and then let PCC loose on the car park during the game. No voucher and you get a penalty ticket.

And where does the money come from to police this? If it's going to be free then so be it but don't expect council tax money to be spent trying to make sure it is only football patrons who use it. Let the council charge and then they'll have no excuses in enforcing the rules.

May 16, 2016
Just close the Car Park completely on matchdays, no ambiguity. No fighting for spaces.

Stick a temporary food court and fanzone on it for Home games.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Should express an interest here as I work in RETAIL!! ;)

Most of the shops are open from 8:00 - 18.00. They are open 7 hours before Argyle kicks off. They employ poor old ne'erdowells like me. The City Centre needs income.
FFS find somewhere to park and get your arris to Argyle .. or don't .. just stop whingeing about having to walk more than 50 yds FFS!! It's a game of football, it's leisure not war!! :whistle:

Oct 16, 2016
Guiri Green":2eral1ax said:
Just close the Car Park completely on matchdays, no ambiguity. No fighting for spaces.

Stick a temporary food court and fanzone on it for Home games.

Seconded

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I think it all depends on the result as to how you take the ticket.

I got one for parking on the grass verge during the Barnet game on a cold Tuesday night. It did compound a truly miserable evening.

My old man got one on Saturday after Carlisle. He didn't seem that annoyed to be honest, it must be the endorphin's from a good result!

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
33038201600_9c91c191fb.jpg

Just for info - cars park on this tempting bit of tarmac at the vet's end of the car park every home game and they always end up with tickets on them. (although I'm sure I've seen blue badge holders without).

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":x8guimdr said:
33038201600_9c91c191fb.jpg

Just for info - cars park on this tempting bit of tarmac at the vet's end of the car park every home game and they always end up with tickets on them. (although I'm sure I've seen blue badge holders without).

Just for (my) info .. what harm is being done by cars parking here? Is it dangerous?
or is it 'wrong' because it is 'illegal'.? :crazy:

Apr 15, 2015
Lundan Cabbie":1atfehi2 said:
Hooe Green":1atfehi2 said:

And where does the money come from to police this? If it's going to be free then so be it but don't expect council tax money to be spent trying to make sure it is only football patrons who use it. Let the council charge and then they'll have no excuses in enforcing the rules.

The council vultures/wardens are there most games nowadays- hence the complaining on here about people getting tickets. I accept there would need to be a steward at the entrance to sell the pay on the day vouchers from say 1pm to 3pm (or weeknight equivalent time).

Charging everyone wouldn't necessarily stop the park and riders, as it may still be cheaper than parking in town.

Jan 21, 2006
Ivybridge
Those on that tarmac are dangerous. They are a danger to us leaving the game and when they try to join the road they are a menace as they try and join the road cutting across the traffic lights.

Most of those I saw with tickets were parked on the yellow areas which is illegal.

I wonder why I haven't had a parking ticket..oh I know..maybe I don't park illegally.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
nickboyuk":e9jonywj said:
Those on that tarmac are dangerous. They are a danger to us leaving the game and when they try to join the road they are a menace as they try and join the road cutting across the traffic lights.

Most of those I saw with tickets were parked on the yellow areas which is illegal.

I wonder why I haven't had a parking ticket..oh I know..maybe I don't park illegally.
There's no yellow area, in fact there's no markings there at all.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":y7j69wfu said:
nickboyuk":y7j69wfu said:

There's no yellow area, in fact there's no markings there at all.

EXACTLY! There are no marked bays on this area.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The council have published their view on it:

Herald

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
It's annoying that they've stuck a giant boulder at the bottom end of the car park to block\stop people using the exit takes ages to leave now. Oh well, I suppose it takes time away from the morons sticking moronically giant speed bumps up everywhere, Plymouth the obstacle course capital.