Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Carl McHugh signs for Motherwell

Aug 10, 2006
one minute he is the best thing since sliced bread next minute he's a c..t make ur mind up guy's so he left the club big deal.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Can understand his move - for his career. People downplay the SPL but I would rather hang up my boots having played 10 years in the SPL than L2 and a foray into L1 in England. He'll have the chance (albeit slim) to win a League title, play in Europa League, be seen by more scouts and maybe get a better move in the future to a higher profile SPL or English team.

Similar perspective, I guess like us, many clubs send scouts to Scotland to find "wee nuggets" maybe he feels he will get more exposure there than he would playing for Argyle in L2?

Whilst I don't lament the club for announcing it if it was really that nailed on - we have been stung for sure. Shambles, I don't think so - some of the criticism of the club around this has been unwarranted IMHO.

Will he be a loss, depends which CM turned up this year. Maybe there is a better DCM out there who can fill his position and help us push forward and wants to play for Argyle. DA would definitely have alternatives lined up, albeit we have missed a week or two he will have targets in mind as he would have to plan for CM jumping ship.

Nov 12, 2008
Weston
I just have a bad feeling about the overall position of this , I.E six first team players from last season gone, and more importantly all our defence except for Gary Sawyer gone.

Hope I am absolutely wrong and in D.A we trust next season will be challenging too many new recruits for my liking to gel so quickly

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
loyal1970":3t7q8k6f said:
one minute he is the best thing since sliced bread next minute he's a c..t make ur mind up guy's so he left the club big deal.

You wouldn't understand you come from Leeds. :wave:

Aug 10, 2006
IJN":dmbw6tfg said:
loyal1970":dmbw6tfg said:

You wouldn't understand you come from Leeds. :wave:
no I don't I come from Plymouth where I was born I now live in leeds. :wave:

Aug 10, 2006
luckycoopertupac":lpl0vmpk said:
I just have a bad feeling about the overall position of this , I.E six first team players from last season gone, and more importantly all our defence except for Gary Sawyer gone.

Hope I am absolutely wrong and in D.A we trust next season will be challenging too many new recruits for my liking to gel so quickly
yes that's it never got us over the finish line so f..k you I'm off to league 1
well if they don't want to play for PAFC fudge um.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
loyal1970":zn8gpurz said:
IJN":zn8gpurz said:
loyal1970":zn8gpurz said:

You wouldn't understand you come from Leeds.
no I don't I come from Plymouth where I was born I now live in leeds.

So you left Plymouth to go to Leeds and you call yourself loyal!! :furious:

;) :lol:

Forget McHugh, I rated him highly but, since then, we've signed Oscar Theglorious!! :nworthy:

Jan 27, 2012
At the end of the day, its nobody's business other than McHugh's. These things happen in business all the time. People are regularly changing their mind about taking up job offers. In my opinion the Herald and the club are a bit out of order making a big deal out of the story. Its essentially a private matter.

PS- The moderators area bit eager to move this thread off the main board, aren't they ? The implications of McHugh's departure is still very much an issue effecting the present squad. Ditto Nelson.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
loyal1970":15ni4im2 said:
luckycoopertupac":15ni4im2 said:

yes that's it never got us over the finish line so f..k you I'm off to league 1
well if they don't want to play for PAFC [Bad Language Removed by Site Admin] um.

Poor old Neil, can't you type without swearing? :lol: