Changes in board room | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes in board room

Oct 24, 2013
Anyway, back to the original point. These unexpected vacancies provide an opportunity for a new inclusive, progressive direction for our club. I hope JB considers this when head hunting.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
lyndhurst green":3c1571c3 said:
Anyway, back to the original point. These unexpected vacancies provide an opportunity for a new inclusive, progressive direction for our club. I hope JB considers this when head hunting.

I don't think he will--but the time will come, and it will take a few years yet, when how you identify becomes irrelevant. What you hope is that if a sufficiently qualified LGBT candidate comes forward that they are not discriminated against. My daughters' generation seem entirely relaxed about the whole thing and even an old git like me can barely raise an eyebrow when I see two girls walking in Ivybridge holding hands or two men exchanging a passionate kiss on Mothecombe Beach----my thoughts were, briefly, we've come a long way!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
While,this comes as no surprise to me. What will be a surprise will be who replaces Jones and Felwick.Not too many females around with boardroom experience spring to mind...

Jul 1, 2011
I'm assuming the majority of views expressed here are from non-LGBT persons. It's almost as if we should seek the views of those being discussed. Oh wait, they aren't represented.

I don't think that representation needs to be on the board though.

Feb 8, 2005
Crucial question regarding the vacancies.

Will the new Directors be required to put money into the Club, a la Tony Wrathall, or will they be required for their expertise only, a la Peter Jones?

I suppose it will be the latter, as the existing directors would not want their share of the Club diluted, so we cannot expect new money to be injected into the Club this time.

I do recall that NOT to be the case in the past, whereby new directors would be required to put money into the Club. I suppose new shares would have been created for them, thereby watering down the value of the shares remaining in the hands of the other directors, which would have provided new money into the Club. The alternative would have been for the directors to sell part of their shares, in which case the directors would receive the money and the Club would be no better off. The boardroom would have increased without any financial benefit to the Club.

I cannot see Brent, Wrathall or Hallett wanting to sell any shares, so I guess any new directors would be brought on board for their expertise only.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jimsing":7fzt9iej said:
Crucial question regarding the vacancies.

Will the new Directors be required to put money into the Club, a la Tony Wrathall, or will they be required for their expertise only, a la Peter Jones?

I suppose it will be the latter, as the existing directors would not want their share of the Club diluted, so we cannot expect new money to be injected into the Club this time.

I do recall that NOT to be the case in the past, whereby new directors would be required to put money into the Club. I suppose new shares would have been created for them, thereby watering down the value of the shares remaining in the hands of the other directors, which would have provided new money into the Club. The alternative would have been for the directors to sell part of their shares, in which case the directors would receive the money and the Club would be no better off. The boardroom would have increased without any financial benefit to the Club.

I cannot see Brent, Wrathall or Hallett wanting to sell any shares, so I guess any new directors would be brought on board for their expertise only.

They seem to have set a bar that in general directors "should" only serve three years. This is probably more in line with JBs plan and we will see once SH becomes more and more influential.

Looking at the three year term, it brings us into the schedule of the Mayflower 400 celebrations so I'd hazard someone with event experience or someone with an "in" with the FA might be helpful.

The other thing that it could be is the phasing out of JBs influence towit a handover of the controlling power at HP.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remember people, this phasing out by JB and the passing over of power to SH is merely an internet fact as far as any of us know.

It's not 'fact' that's for sure.

Jan 3, 2013
IMHO the club is in good hands, as the past 6 years have proved beyond doubt. Let's leave them to continue steering the ship.......

Apr 30, 2015
IJN":2pt00qyw said:
Remember people, this phasing out by JB and the passion over of power to SH is merely an internet fact as far as any of us know.

It's not 'fact' that's for sure.

Can't help wondering if your autocorrect function has been reading the last couple of pages of this thread and decided to be a bit mischievous.

Aug 5, 2016
So Argyle appoint a woman to the boardroom, the club becomes the talk of the WI groups and hair salons, and attendances jump to 17,000 as women equal men at Home Park.

It could be an impressive season on and off the field.