Changes in board room | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes in board room

May 16, 2016
I'd like to see a wider community diversity in the Boardroom, there should be a mix containing the most suitable people with the ability to run a Club successfully, ability to communicate, someone perhaps with money to spend, someone who knows where we are, who we are and a plan to get somewhere.

What they look like, what clothes they wear, who they live with, how agile they are - I couldn't care less.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Daz":31js8mjd said:
Lancastergreen":31js8mjd said:
How about real diversity and have black or Asian people on board to appeal to the wider community?

Perfect, as long as they are the best person for the role. :thumbs:

If however a white male is the best person I'd hope we would go for him rather than just tick a box.

If you listened to James speak at the fans forum, you'd know it's not to tick a box. He cited academic research as finding that boards operate better with a female voice, and also that men behave differently and are provoked to listen to new ideas, with females present.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There should also be a younger board member to represent young fans, maybe not as a full director but an advisor or associate director.

Feb 8, 2005
Agreed. Who better than a female to put forward ideas in order to increase the female membership of the Green Army?

Perhaps a greater female presence at the ground might dumb down some of the testosterone fuelled antics shown by the younger members of the Green Army. I know, we all did it, but it should now be a thing of the past.

We need to take a leaf out of the Exeter Chiefs book and not return to the bad old days of violent, obscene and racist conduct at football matches. Why can we not mingle with the opposition in the ground?

Chanting to encourage your team on the pitch is a bit different from chanting obscenities at the opposition supporters, or racist remarks towards the opposition players.

Banter is good, can be comical and off the cuff, but I'm afraid some of the obscene chanting heard at football grounds is past its sell by date and is unnecessary in this enlightened day and age.

Bring on the women, I say, and lets start at boardroom level, and lets get the mindless youth of today out of football (some of whom have the audacity as well as the outright danger of letting off of flares, which have now impacted on the manager's pre-season tour plans. Thank you guys, you know who you are.)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jimsing":26974pc4 said:
Lancastergreen":26974pc4 said:
How about real diversity and have black or Asian people on board to appeal to the wider community?

What wider community is that then?

We're not Exeter you know.

We'm Janners, we don't have no outsiders here. Only local people.

We Cornish be welcomed everywhere!

Feb 8, 2005
Quintrell_Green":2sxlib1o said:
jimsing":2sxlib1o said:
Lancastergreen":2sxlib1o said:

What wider community is that then?

We're not Exeter you know.

We'm Janners, we don't have no outsiders here. Only local people.

We Cornish be welcomed everywhere!

Proper, goes without saying, don't it?

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
jimsing":3fflcv0e said:
Perhaps a greater female presence at the ground might dumb down some of the testosterone fuelled antics shown by the younger members of the Green Army.

Oh Graham Carey, I'd let you kiss my wife .... :whistle:

Nov 3, 2006
How many non-white people are there in the fanbase? If there was a person of colour on the board then would it truly be representative?

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
From what I can see from my seat in the main stand it's possible there are more non-white people on the pitch than there are in the crowd.

Oct 24, 2013
Representation in the boardroom should not be based on the make up of the current fan base, surely?! Don't get that logic at all; if we as a club don't do enough to attract women, people of colour and those in the LGBT community, then the board should actively be seeking guidance at board level from representatives that could tell them why. The club needs to progress and such input will ultimately bring more match day and hopefully non match day income to the club. Win-win.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":2vmjli5y said:
Representation in the boardroom should not be based on the make up of the current fan base, surely?! Don't get that logic at all; if we as a club don't do enough to attract women, people of colour and those in the LGBT community, then the board should actively be seeking guidance at board level from representatives that could tell them why. The club needs to progress and such input will ultimately bring more match day and hopefully non match day income to the club. Win-win.

Sorry but what does being LGBT have anything to do with football, it's about the sport not sexual preferences etc.

It's different for people of colour and women to be actively encouraged because it the mainstay of repression in an historical sense. If you have someone of colour or a woman it's obvious who they are but the other "PC" reasons are BS.

Oct 24, 2013
Um....LGBT people like football too. And football as a whole has a hell of lot of work today in making them feel welcome in grounds.

And as for your argument that they haven't been historically repressed, not sure which utopia you are living in to make that claim.

Nov 18, 2011
Paul H":3pev75y7 said:
How many non-white people are there in the fanbase? If there was a person of colour on the board then would it truly be representative?

Hi!

:wave: